Author Topic: When is everybody going.  (Read 897055 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: When is everybody going.
« Reply #480 on: August 08, 2008, 12:10:55 AM »
Agreed paul and chris. Bristol is 40 mins from here, Gatwick is 2 hours hard drive and tons of petrol/carbon etc. Has nothing to do with what it costs them - just a chance to make a lot of money out of us.

And Paul, we can't say if we'll be there same time yet but we both hope we are

Phil

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #481 on: August 08, 2008, 12:24:36 AM »
Hi, Phil.  Keeping fingers crossed that you`ll be there next June. Would love to meet up. Strangely,I feel I know you already from using this wonderful forum. If I have to use Gatwick to keep our costs down,then so be it.
   Hi, Chris. It seems that now we are to penalised for using  local airports. Don`t understand why.  With such an ealy flight, we might book hotel overnight and parking.
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #482 on: August 08, 2008, 12:30:46 AM »
It looks like it might be on the cards that we are able to go... we are getting a lot of social workers care and back up and dad might well be well enough to leave for a while, if mum has help.

Had a long chat with Mike and he feels comfortable with that if she has outside help as well. Dad is still in hospital but is slowly improving, but we take each day as it comes.  Even if we make Arillas for a few days (we might have to come back) it will be worth it.  I know they will be devastated if we have to cancel, so at the moment it might just happen.  We feel so tired we need some respite and will be refreshed to come back to it all again.  At least its not as life threatening as it was last week which is brilliant.

The Social workers so far have been fantastic!

Thanks again everyone for your encouraging PM's and thoughts.  Cant believe how kind everyone has been and I havent met any of you.... apart from Terry and Lisa that is!  xx
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline jinksy

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #483 on: August 08, 2008, 12:35:34 AM »
hi paul d good idea, we were meant to be flying at 22-55pm, but we had a 90minute delay and didnt take off until 00-45am, so hotel wasn't any good to us. If we get an am flight next time if there is a next time, we will prob book hotel and get free parking thrown in. chris

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #484 on: August 08, 2008, 12:50:40 AM »
Hi, blondegirl. Hope eveything works out for you and that you get some deserved `r and r`.
   Best Wishes   Paul D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #485 on: August 08, 2008, 01:29:33 AM »
BG we used respite care and everything else when our olduns were there. You can never tell what will happen next. I was that strange man who came and visited every day but she didn't even know who I was. The help was fantastic like you said.

Jen and me seriously hope you and Mike can at least have a respite in Arillas. You will be much stronger when you get back. It can be hours or years - you will never know. If you do make it out there, please come and put it all to rights with Jen and me over a meal or a drink.

Phil

Offline bmw1106

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #486 on: August 08, 2008, 03:06:54 AM »
Hi BG sorry to here about your situation. Dont no where you live but if your father in law is well enough have you thought about respite care by the sea. I am an ex carer after 20 years i gave up to look after my baby. Both of them could enjoy a little holiday and your f-in-l would be well looked after i think social services prob would be able to help with the cost. Anyway just a thought.

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #487 on: August 08, 2008, 09:49:28 AM »
Hiya B.G !
Hope you get the break you both obviously need.
We went through something similar a few months ago with my Dad.
He had to be flown home from Australia in January after a serious stroke while staying with my Sis .
When he got back he was in and out of hospital , swapped around wards , sent home then back in again.
We didn't know where we were for what seemed like ages and as you probably know the doctors are always a bit vague about whats wrong (when you can actually get to see someone).
Anyway he was at home for a while with carers calling in every day but he still couldn't cope on his own and me and my brother were run off our feet for weeks dropping everything and shooting round there sometimes a dozen times a day.
Anyway he had another bad do and was rushed back in again but this time we knew he couldn't cope at all if he went back home.
Like you say the social workers and carers do a great job and after a long time in hospital he's finally settled in a fantastic care home (more like a 5 star hotel) so at least we can now get some sleep at night knowing he's well looked after.
We are finally getting a break next week for 2 weeks and will breath a massive sigh of relief when we are on that plane !
Hope you can get away too for a well deserved break as you both deserve and need it.
Regard's  ......Barry.
Hope I don't burn !

Offline Paul C

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #488 on: August 08, 2008, 10:19:03 AM »
B.G.
We really hope everything works out well for you and that you are able to have your holiday. After all your problems you surely deserve one. Had a similar problem two years ago when my mother was extremely ill. So know a bit how you feel. All the best B.G. and you never know, may bump in to you in Sept.
Paul

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #489 on: August 08, 2008, 10:40:51 AM »
Good news BG....hope things continue well for you.
PS As a social worker, it's nice to see some praise for us for once!!
Sandy x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #490 on: August 08, 2008, 12:43:55 PM »
Really keeping my fingers crossed for you Sue.  We are all thinking of you x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #491 on: August 08, 2008, 12:48:39 PM »
Hi Sandy,
I should have quessed lol all the help you have given me. Just knew you had to be in a careing position.
Hi Sue,
We had a simler thing a while ago, Dad ended up being rushed from Eastbourne to Kings Collage for a heart operation and fluid on lungs. We thought we were going to live in stress for the rest of our lives but the people that come in and help Mum as well as him are marvolous and with their help we have been able to go on living where we are and just going down when we can. Im hope things work out the same for you and Mike. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #492 on: August 08, 2008, 02:21:00 PM »
Sandy , if you're in Arillas when I'm there you can be my social worker !
Daily visits to see if I'm getting enough Mythos , Greek salads etc !
Also you can wheel me along the beach in my bathchair and rub sunblock on my poor red head to ensure I don't look like a Swan Vestas !
I'll give you a good reference too !
L.O.L !
Hope I don't burn !

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #493 on: August 08, 2008, 03:29:02 PM »
LOL BaldyBarry....wonder if I could get a permanent job out there then on the strength of your reference....of course I'd have to test the Greek salad first and the temperature of the sea and the strength of the alcohol, just to make sure it was all suitable for everyone.......just think, I need never retire.....
Sandy x

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #494 on: August 08, 2008, 03:49:21 PM »

Hi Blonde-Girl,
I've just noticed your latest posting & I was delighted to hear that things are improving with your Father & it looks as though your holiday could be back on again.
I hope that this becomes a reality for you & Mike & that you can leave the country knowing he's in good, safe hands & you both get the respite you both clearly need.
Please know we're thinking of you at this stressful time & hope that his health continues to go from strength to strength.
BeckyB x.

Booking.com