Author Topic: When is everybody going.  (Read 897280 times)

Offline steve p

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: When is everybody going.
« Reply #1740 on: January 31, 2012, 10:39:58 PM »
we shall be coming the last week in may for two weeks all being well. as usual we are going to kaloudis. this will be our 18th time. we had to cancel two holidays last year, 1 at kaloudis & 1 at tria adelphia due to illness, so fingers crossed.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1741 on: February 01, 2012, 12:29:46 AM »

I'm sure you will make it this time. Enjoy.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1742 on: February 01, 2012, 10:13:40 AM »
I'm coming to Arillas in May - all booked up in September. I started a new job in November and during my interview I was asked if I had pre booked holidays. I told them I had, gave them the dates these were put on my file and it was even verified when I started the job that these holidays were granted.  Yesterday I thought I had better remind them and I was shocked to  be told that because it works out at 11 days leave and the company only likes you to take 10 days at once, a fact they were aware of that I might not be granted the time off! To add insult to this they requested a copy of my tickets and booking confirmation.
I won't name the company but looks like I'll be job hunting again as I am not giving up my only holiday in the place that I love!!
rant over!

Mary :)

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #1743 on: February 01, 2012, 12:29:39 PM »
Glad you got that off your chest Mary.  Jobsworths say 'Rules is Rules' but practical people know that many rules are just guidelines and can be properly bent.  If you take a little longer in May you'll take less another time, of course.  And May is not the time when everyone with kids is taking holidays - the company should be pleased that you holiday 'off-peak'.
Keep flying the flag for Arillas Mary!
Best wishes
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #1744 on: February 01, 2012, 09:35:45 PM »
May 16th. Then our 2 eldest Grandson's are in Arillas July 6th for a week,same we cant be there together but Pete has to earn the money, and then hopefully we will be back september/october.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1745 on: February 01, 2012, 09:40:59 PM »

Mary does that mean everybody in that company has to take their two week holiday Saturday to Saturday.
Tell that to the airlines. BTW you deserve your rant.

Val x

Nan

« Reply #1746 on: February 01, 2012, 09:45:48 PM »
Calm down calm down !!!!

They can't do that to you Mary get some advice and dunna fret lassie. Certainly takes the shine off but don't let it get to you chucks - just remember you are going to Arillas and will have a wonderful time....sod the lot of 'em ! xxxxx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #1747 on: February 01, 2012, 11:42:35 PM »
Mary luvver, just assert yourself and tell your boss it was already agreed. Then do it anyway. You might have a case for the tribunal if they then penalise you.

Whatever you do, don't let them prevent you from coming home to Arillas when they have no right to do so.

love and big hugs from both of us
Phil and Jen

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1748 on: February 02, 2012, 01:12:01 AM »
I had a similar experience with a company I worked for - they agreed my holiday dates beforehand, but then when I came to take them they deducted some money from my salary - they said that I'd not worked enough days in my "start year" to entitle me to those days....  Apparently they'd had to agree to the dates, but that didn't mean they agreed to full pay!

Janis x

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1749 on: February 02, 2012, 02:25:33 AM »
The current economic climate breeds a special type of jobsworth in HR departments up and down the land. Some and I stress some think that if you are so fearful of losing your job, it gives them licence to chip away at your terms and conditions. Usually if you kick off and make a noise they scuttle back under their stones, especially if you start singing the legal advice song! Dont let the b#ggers grind you down. Newcastle for us is Tues or Fri, its always 11 days.

Offline julied

« Reply #1750 on: February 02, 2012, 08:02:23 AM »
I agree the place I work only lets you have 10 days off at one so the only time I can go
 for two weeks is when there is a bank holiday Monday

Offline dylan

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #1751 on: February 16, 2012, 09:31:40 PM »
11th - 18th June stay at Mathraki for first time. flying from Manchester

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1752 on: February 16, 2012, 11:34:08 PM »

Dylan you will enjoy the Mathraki apartments, lovely family, great pool and a sunset view from every room. Really good food as well, don't miss Nic's big breakfast.

Val x

Offline Val 57

« Reply #1753 on: February 17, 2012, 12:09:32 AM »
Awh Val - I so want to tick your comment as "like!" as on Facebook!

Mathraki is a great place to stay - coming back this year for the 3rd year in succession!  Can't wait!

Valxx

Offline Steve & Carole

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #1754 on: February 17, 2012, 05:09:05 PM »
20th July until 17th August.

Booking.com