Author Topic: Kaloudis Apts  (Read 25093 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Kaloudis Apts
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 10:59:06 PM »
Good luck PJ. Give our best wishes to Billy et al. If in doubt, they will remember the hippy couple who stayed last October and kept borrowing the wasp swatter and drank all the big bottles of Mythos and started on the little ones.... didn't quite finish them off tho!

May it be the start of many more....

Phil

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 11:26:07 PM »
Thanks for the good wishes Ang and Justphil.  We'll get the place aired for you and make sure the sea is nice and warm.  Hope the wasps aren't active in May - yes we'll be at the Mythos too.
Best wishes
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline biglillypicker

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 11:59:03 AM »
hi pj   booked car in at east mids aurport    will be setting off at 3am      got euros last saturday from thomas cook special rate that day if you bought 800 pounds or over    1.2315 or summat

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 11:51:28 PM »
Hi Biglillypicker
Will also be setting off from home at 0300, but this year we've got a taxi instead of driving to EMA.  The difference in price (Parking + Petrol) is not that great.
Expect you'll have a great time in Arillas and will look out for you - you'll know me from the pic on the left.
All the best
Pat

Offline CathyG

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2008, 08:25:02 PM »
We're staying at the Kaloudis from 4 July for 2 weeks.  Can anyone tell me how much the air conditioning is please and whether it is in all bedrooms as we have a 2 bed apartment.  Also the price of safety deposit boxes - are these in the room or at reception?  Can't wait to get there, 2 weeks 5 days and counting!!!!!!!!!! First time to Corfu, went to Tsilivi in Zakynthos last year and loved it........after looking at this website I think we are going to enjoy it at Arillas even more.  Love the webcam photos, this website is brilliant!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 08:40:34 PM »
Hi cathy.

Kaloudis is brilliant - pool is called Splish Spash and is always spotless. We often stop on our way off the beach for 3 - 6 cold Mythos. (at least.)

We stayed there last October, but didn't need aircon! They do have the system in place and it will doubless cost extra but that is only fair really. riggers is an expert on Kalouidis - he is there now as I type. maybe he can help you a bit more.

Jen and me will be at Anna (studios) from 7th to 21st and then from Aug 27 to September 26. Please don't feel shy - come over and say hello (kalimera) and have a drink with us. We are famous for that lol

phil

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2008, 10:22:54 PM »
Hi Cathy
Was at the Kaloudis Village last two weeks in May this year.  Air con was not needed then but may be when you go it will be.  Memory says its €5 a day - you see Roula in the shop and she fixes it for you.  The safe deposit boxes are in reception - again see Roula in the shop. 
Think you'll enjoy the Kaloudis - the owners and staff work very hard to make it perfect and the gardens are kept in tip top condition.
Best wishes
PJ

Offline annie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2008, 10:41:57 PM »
Hi Cathy
We have been to the Kaloudis for the last 4 years going again in 4 weeks time. In a two bedroom apartment the air con was in the kitchen so we left the doors open for it to go intop the rooms. It was 5 euros a night. The safe deposit boxes are in reception. You will have a lovely holiday at these apartments as they make you feel like family and very welcome. They are very clean and the pool is one of the best in the area. The beach is very near and it is easy to spend time between the two,having the best of both worlds. Anything else i can help with please ask
Annie

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 02:47:34 AM »
Glad to see you at last annie. Well done with the forum pic.

Spot on with info about Kaloudis. It is yet another special place to be. But you could stay in a tent on the beach and be just as Arillased...

Thanks for your company in the chatroom tonite. We are indeed all mad but it helps....

love
Phil

Offline CathyG

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 11:00:35 PM »
Thanks everyone for the info.  Annie, we arrive on the eve of 4th July and leave on eve of 18th July.  Will look out for you while we are there.  Will try and upload a decent pic of me but that may be difficult cause I don't think I have any!  May do a family pic instead!

Getting my Euros from M&S cause they have a special offer at the moment, buy  £250 worth and they give you a £10 M&S gift voucher, so will be doing a couple of trips to make the most of it!!  The offer is on till 12th July I think.  Todays rate was 1.221 euros to pound.

Thanks again everyone x

Offline kcarol

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 02:08:12 AM »
Good Choice!

Kaloudis is really nice we have been many times and will be there in June and again in September while you are there. The apartments are lovely and clean and some have really lovely views. Great location for the beach and walks. really quiet and relaxing, I am sure you love it and want to go back again.

Hope you have a  a lovely time!

kcarol

Offline huge*abba*fan

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 08:47:33 AM »
I am thinking of booking a weeks holiday at these apts in October.
There seems to be a good write up here and also on Thomsons website too.
Just wondered what the area was like ie: good selection of shops and restaurants.  I don't want to be in a 'dead end' place that was too quiet.

Look forward in hearing from you.

Lisa

Offline huge*abba*fan

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2008, 08:49:15 AM »
I am thinking of booking a weeks holiday at these apts in October.
There seems to be a good write up here and also on Thomsons website too.
Just wondered what the area was like ie: good selection of shops and restaurants.  I don't want to be in a 'dead end' place that was too quiet.

Look forward in hearing from you.

Lisa

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 12:30:26 PM »
Hi Lisa!

You will love these apts and there are plenty of good reviews if you have a look at the accommodation pages.  Fantastic position and only minutes from Arillas's sandy beach. As for the resort, It is quieter than a lot of others but there are an abundance of fabulous restaurants/taverna's and a good sprinkling of shops but these are mainly souvenir types, with the exception of an art shop and boutique. It is the sort of place you would come for a lovely chill and there a couple of bars for your cocktails and Karaoki if you so fancy! You cannot fail to fall in love with Arillas UNLESS you are expecting something like Magalluf because it is certainly isn't a 'party' place. 

Offline huge*abba*fan

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2008, 03:09:42 PM »
Thanks for the reply Jo.
It does sound a lovely place and the write up in the Thomson brochure is good too.
I just didn't want to be out on a limb with say, just 1 taverna and 1 shop.
I was also worried about what was left open in October, being the end of the season too.

Booking.com