Author Topic: Bardis Sun Studios - New Booking Arrangements!!!!  (Read 18962 times)

Offline Wendy n Stu

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Bardis Sun Studios - New Booking Arrangements!!!!
« on: January 18, 2008, 08:15:05 PM »
Last weekend Nancy from Corfu Escape sadly informed us that she can no longer sell package deals due to being priced completely out of the running with the aviation licence renewal costs.  After all her hard work it is so very sad.  However, not to be beaten, she has made an arrangement with Bardis Sun Studios, whereby guests can book accommodation only with Corfu Escape and get a great deal.  She has offered a refund of any deposits paid so far but to be honest, we don't want our money back as it's worked out fine.  Nancy also has contact with an agent for flights.  We have booked for May and September and it has cost us £99 each person for 2 weeks.  We then got flights for c£200 each and so even with taxi transfers it's a good deal for us.  If anyone is interested then contact Nancy.  Her details remain the same on the Corfu Escape website.  It's worth a look if you are not booked up!  I really hope this new plan works both for her sake and especially for the Bardis family. 

Offline mathsboffin

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: Bardis Sun Studios - New Booking Arrangements!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 01:27:44 AM »
I have had the same phone call regarding our holiday to Agios Georgios North and I have agreed to do the same.  I have booked the flights; however I am now feeling a little nervous about the company.  Have you considered that we will all be out of pocket and accommodationless should the company collapse between now and our holidays, and/or between paying the final balance and the holiday.  What do you think?
Sharon

Offline Wendy n Stu

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 02:03:32 AM »
Hi, sorry to hear that you were in the same situation.  We have considered that, but I took the view that the flights are safe come what may.  They are booked directly in our names.  Therefore it's the £99 each accommodation that we could lose in the worst case scenario.  We have known Nancy from the outset and we honestly do trust her.  We don't believe that she would see us out of pocket but we also have the added advantage of knowing the Bardis family personally over many years and they are very honourable people and if that happened, I don't believe that they would see us without accommodation when they know we have booked.  I accept that there is a risk but it's one we are prepared to take.  I guess we have the added advantage in knowing the family and receiving their reassurance but I truly hope it all works out for you and yours.  We wish for a happy and trouble free holiday for you.  : o )

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 03:16:37 AM »
Hi all,
It looks as if the same situation has arisen with The Bardis Sun Studios as happened with The Bardis Sun Hotel. The difference being that Thomson gave the Hotel a rough time, but Nancy did her best but was beaten by changes beyond her control.
As I have said on other threads, it's up to us regulars, and this website, to support the families in Arillas and book by other means to ensure that they do not lose out to the commercial 'bullies'. The Arillas community is unique, lets keep it that way! I've had many a good evening at Poppy's, she and her family always make you welcome, even if you are staying elsewhere! I'll be there in May, first time booking independent with Dorrita at the Hotel.
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 09:34:55 AM »
I am sure that whatever happens to Corfu Escapes Poppy and family will honour your booking.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 11:38:12 AM »
I am sad to hear the problems they are all having... does that apply to all of Corfu Escape Holidays or just Arillas?
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Wendy n Stu

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 12:53:49 PM »
Martin W - great summing up, you are so right.  We go 19th May for 2 weeks so hope we see you there.

Lisa & Steve - you know Poppy & Spiros as well as we do and we all think equally as highly of them.  Thanks for noting that.

Blondegirl - I know you had a great holiday there last year and they really do look forward to seeing you again.  The problem applies to all the holidays so we wish Nancy and all those affected well. 

Thanks so much for your comments.  I am in regular contact with Poppy and the family really appreciate everyones' support. xx

Offline Bay Walkers

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 01:32:20 PM »
We stayed in the Tria Adelphia last year for a couple of weeks, our first stay in Arillas, but had visited on foot when staying at San Stephanos ages ago.
We found that Arillas kind of creeps up on you emotionally and by the time we left we were really fond of the place.
We're holidaying elsewhere in June, but thought about going back in September and the big tour operators prices are beyond belief in some instances, or the flights awful, so having seen Corfu Escape advertised we thought we'd send an email even though we fly from Newcastle.
Nancy replied the next day offering a week or two at the Bardis from 5th September.
The flights are approx £200 per person and the accom is cheaper than advertised.
We're still thinking about this in the light of what has been said here and do we really want to pay about £600 for a week, albeit we could have a fortight for very little more.
I do find that when you really only want a week sometimes and find that two weeks is only a few quid more it's really annoying and tends to put you off taking a week. Never mind that's our problem. Although I think there's a huge market for 10 day holidays incidentally.

Anyway apart from all of that what's September like there? Have the hoards gone, is everywhere still open and the weather good?

Cheers,
John & Frances
Whitley Bay

Offline Wendy n Stu

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 01:54:35 PM »
Hi, we know what you mean, it is very expensive for 1 week, I guess it's the price of the flights.  I hope you manage to sort something.  We have been in September for years now and we love it.  It's not too busy, just nice.  It's peaceful and the weather has always been good to us.  We usually go around the 8th for 2 weeks and last year was glorious.  Beach or pool every day.  The year before we went a week later and we did have a huge rainstorm in the 2nd week.  I think you can expect showers and I probably wouldn't leave it too late in the month if you are sun worshipers but it's lovely and a really nice time of year to visit.  Regards, Wendy & Stuart.

Offline Paul & Denise

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 07:02:19 PM »
John & Francis,

Your'e right about the price difference between 1 &2 weeks. Do you know that TCook advertise 10 day hols at Hotel Marvel?

We have booked at the Rainbow for two weeks at the end of September, we usually do, the weather can be changeable but we always have a great time. With online discounts we have managed to go for a similar price to last year (£591) with very good flights from East Midlands. Hope you get sorted and have a great holiday.
Paul & Nise

Offline jennyandchris

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 08:11:59 PM »
We have also been informed by Nancy of this sad news. The usual story of the "Big Fish" forcing the smaller fry from the pond. We are trusting that Nancy will not let us down with our booking for 2 weeks in June. We have been offered the same deal as already mentioned in the above posts, and considering that Nancy has agreed to do all the "arranging" with the Flight Company etc, she has made the compromise easier for her clients. All that is left for us to do is to arrange our own Airport Transfers. I suspect the "Taxi Sharing" on the Forum will be having more posts than usual!
I hope that most of Corfu Escapes other bookings will support her, she has always been so helpful, and of course, her accomadations, (especially the Bardis Sun Appts) stand to suffer dreadfully this coming season if not.
We are flying from Birmingham, and having researched independent flight company's prices for the same flight (with excellent times) Nancy has indeed arranged a very good price. (we are not lucky enough to live close enough to make the Easy Jet Flights from Gatwick a viable alternative)
So, I shall be e-mailing the Bardis Sun shortly. We are determined we will be staying with them this summer (even if we do end up camping on the sunbeds, Ha Ha!)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 09:00:23 PM »
Hi Wendy & Stu, You have reassured me that things arn't to bad. I have been away and only got Nancy's messages yesturday asking me to ring her. I have tried several times but got no answer and was beginning to panic a bit wondering what on earth was wrong. I did talk to Bobby but he didnt really want to say much (wonders will never cease lol) just wished us aHappy New Year and said he was counting the days tell May 5th. He also gave me another number for Nancy which I will try later but at least I know that nobody is ill or anything like that. If we get the same deal as you it does mean it will cost us an extra £200 and I cant say im happy about it but wouls sooner put some money into Poppy & Spiros pocket then a big company. Will let you all know once I get in touch with Nancy. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 11:01:18 AM »
By the way Wendy lovely photo of you both. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 12:33:18 PM »
Just wondering if anyone knows if Nancy will be runnng the coach transfer this year?
last year it coincided with our inbound flight(although we had booked independently) we were able to arrange the transfer with her...
Re bardis studios....Thompsons messed  them about before The bardis Hotel & now
this with Corfu Escape.. Just hope all turns out ok after all the hard work they put in..

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 12:42:42 PM »
Jenny and Chris  "All that is left for us to do is to arrange our own Airport Transfers. I suspect the "Taxi Sharing" on the Forum will be having more posts than usual!"

Looks like you might have to arrange your own transfers.  50 euros each way
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com