Author Topic: Dionyssos Studios  (Read 12574 times)

swabe

Dionyssos Studios
« on: January 18, 2008, 06:31:14 PM »
I am planning a first ever trip to Arillas in May.  No point in asking you whether it's a good place to visit, I know what answer I would get! 

Considering the Dionyssos Studios and would like to know if anyone has any opinions on this accomodation.  I will be travelling with a small baby so need to be sure it will be ok.  Air con is also a must have.

I'm limited to package accomodation as flights from my local airport are too expensive.

Any advice would be appreciated. x

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Dionyssos Studios
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 06:38:12 PM »
Have stayed at that complex every year since 1993. They are lovely - clean and adequately furnished, maid service every day and the family are also extremely helpful. There is air conditioning for 5 euros a day extra - pay when you get there. Is it just you and the baby? It will be a fairly tight squeeze if there are two of you plus a baby as the rooms are not huge. You can easily move one of the beds and they will supply a cot. I guarantee you will love it!
Sandy x

swabe

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 07:04:24 PM »
Thanks Sandy

There are two of us plus the baby, so maybe it's not going to be possible, shame as it looks lovely.  None of the other avail Manos accom has air con and daren't risk it with the little one.

x

Offline Paul C

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 07:30:57 PM »
We stayed there two years ago and are sure if you are prepared to put up with the tight squeeze you will enjoy yourselves. Everything is close at hand,pool,restaurant,not too far to the beach and supermarkets.Jimmy and Spiros are great guys and will do all they can to make you comfortable.

Paul

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 07:38:08 PM »
Please don't be put off by what I said. There is a bedroom with two single beds (push them together and you get more space....lol), wardrobe, dressing table and armchair. Also a separate little kitchen with fridge, cooker etc and a shower room. Providing you were tidy and organised I don't think it would be a problem. You also have a balcony with table and chairs. There is not a huge amount of storage space but to be honest there isn't in any of the self-catering Greek studios.
It is on three floors....obviously the top two floors you have to go up the stairs but if you were in the lowest one, there is a big area outside on both sides which would give you more space to "spread". May shouldn't be too hot and those studios are well placed because they open up east/west so you never get the heat of the midday sun.
There is a lovely swimming pool with separate children's section, sunbeds etc and highchairs in the eating area. The food is very good and not expensive and you are a five minute walk from the beach. My kids love(d) it there and will be back this year even though 23 and 25 now! Jimmy and Spiros run the bar (Rainbow) and they can't do enough for you..
My advice....go for it! Go for Dionyssos 2 rather than 1...they are nicer
Sandy x

Offline Ruth Potts

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 01:09:27 AM »
I agree with Sandy, have been to the complex for years with my kids, never stayed in Dionyssos as have 3 kids, but the family make you so welcome. Go for it, and as Sandy says go for dionyssus 2 not 1
Good luck
Ruth

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 01:15:34 AM »
Ruth...have you thought of getting a room at Brouklis if the family is not going with you? Much cheaper than paying single supplements on a package in August.
Sandy x

Offline Ruth Potts

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 02:00:13 AM »
yes, but who else will be there at that time? maybe not the recipe for a happy holiday!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 02:06:58 AM »
Maria and the girls will be at Brouklis, Ray and Anne at Rainbow....you will be fine...I think Trish and Colin are going too.
Sandy x

Offline upstertg69

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 09:45:45 PM »
whats the diference between Dionyssos 1 and Dionyssos 2 anyone?

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 09:51:30 PM »
Dionyssos 2 studios are a bit bigger and better, and also newer. Some people don't like 1 because they may be noisier from the bar, but Jimmy and Spiros always make sure the music is down after about 12 o'clock anyway.
Sandy x

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 11:23:30 PM »
sandy your right ,i think the rainbow complex is fab, jimmy&spiro are great,the wives are both excellent cooks ,and the old mans home made strawberry wine is knockout, a truley well run family complex....yammas

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 03:22:25 AM »
Not to mention Nafsika, who is also lovely and an excellent cook.....
Sandy x

Offline vally

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 12:55:36 PM »
Thanks everyone who replied to this message, it's given me all the info I need - we are going to Dionyssos II on Monday and although we have stayed in Arillas many times we haven't stayed in this complex before, although we've eaten there, everywhere in Arillas is just great, we look at other holiday places and think - let's go back to Arillas.

Vally and Paul

Offline AngieS

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 05:33:15 PM »
Really looking forward to going to Dionyssos II on June 30th, it can't come quick enough.

Can anyone tell me if bath towels are provided there, I know not all Greek accommodation provides them.

thanks

Booking.com