Author Topic: Kokinos Apartments  (Read 10034 times)

Offline gillian

Kokinos Apartments
« on: October 25, 2007, 04:25:42 PM »
We stayed for 3 weeks in August and were disgusted to find the place over run with mice and rats. The weather was very hot we left the patio doors open and in the morning there where mouse droppings all over the apartment. During the day the mice came in and the rats where climbing the vines and running along the balconies. On reurning at night they were sat under the table outside at the back counted 6!!!!We were not the only ones to see them another 2 couples should be posting comments, we asked the rep to have a word with maria? Has any one else seen them? We stayed for a further 6 weeks in other apartments and saw no more?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Kokinos Apartments
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 07:17:14 PM »
Gillian
That has to be really,really bad luck for you all and not a pleasant thing to happen at all.
Obviously the presence of cats which you see all around Arillas are there, not only to make a fuss over, but also keep any vermin to an acceptable level.
(If Kokkinos had any cats then they were not earning their keep)

How do we stop a family of rats or mice which wants to set up home in a place where they think it's an easy meal?
In my opinion, this is the sort of problem to be reported to the property owners immdiately and full marks for you reporting it to the Rep.
I just hope that, owner Maria, had the probem reported early enough to try and resolve it for others guests.

Without mozzie screens I think you were very brave to leave doors open overnight.
You could have had all sorts of things creeping inside. I don't mind rats and mice but the thought of a cat or dog coming in marking it's new territory bothers me.

I hope. at some early point in time, appts will start to fit full length mozzie screens as standard.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Cheryl2307

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 12:04:53 PM »
Gillian, that sounds horrible - I don't think I could cope with that!  We noticed this summer that there weren't that many cats about, last year we saw loads, wonder where they have all gone to?  Hope it gets sorted out now Maria knows about it.
Cheryl O

Offline beachbum

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 07:05:54 PM »
Hi All
A resurected one here back from October, but we just had to do it.  We are coming over to Arillas to stay at kokinos probably for the fourth time in October. In between we have stayed at Nikos and the Makris.  We have now even booked Kokinos for october 2009!
We have always had a good time there and I am sure Arillas will always get us back as long as we can make it. Absolutlely brilliant, looking forward to all that it entails, the people, the place, the food it's all good.

Yammas to all who have been this year, those who are due to go and those who wish they were there!

Cheers beachbum   

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 07:18:35 PM »
cheers beachbum - you sound like our sort of Arillas Addict!

The rats and vermin stuff has taken me by surprise. Have seen snakes and the mozzies but not all that. To be honest Jen and me would have given them names and just got on with our holiday. The point of Arillas is the people. We have done Galstonbury in the mud - a few extra creatures wouldn't phase us. But I do appreciate how awful that experience could be for others. It is very rare in our slice of heaven - Arillas

Phil

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 09:52:23 AM »
I've only just read this thread for the first time, and can report that there were no signs of mice or rats at Kokinos in September, so it would seem that Maria dealt with the problem straight away.

Offline beachbum

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 10:41:38 PM »
Okay, heard nothing more about Kokinos,
How has it ben this year.......is the bar open at the what was the Supernarket Marias next door?  Give  us a clue

regards Beachbum

Maggie

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 12:07:26 AM »
The bar is now open, it's called Artemis Bar. It's very nice too.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 01:54:37 AM »
Great... somewhere where we shall be a regular at no doubt!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com