Author Topic: Just got back from Tingaki in Kos  (Read 14710 times)

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
Just got back from Tingaki in Kos
« on: October 14, 2007, 11:40:33 PM »
Hi Patrickjohn
I am sure you will enjoy Tingaki the beach is fantastic , we never made it to the nudee beach when we went as our daughter had a friend with her . I think the nudee beach is by the salt lake ? you will have to let us know if you don't mind also what the weather is like in sept , we was going to go this year but are going to kefalonia instead . Have a good time.
Yammas
Dave n Anne
Hi Everyone and Dave n Anne
Just got back from Tingaki in Kos.  The weather 26 September to 11th October was superb.  It was very warm, no rain, and only a couple of windy days i.e. umbrella blew away and had to chase it over the dunes by the salt lake.

Best wishes
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 09:12:10 PM »
Hi nPatrickjohn

Glad to hear you enjoyed Kos , sounds like the weather was good so maybe have to return one year in september .

Yammas

Dave n Anne

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 09:53:45 PM »
Hi
Yes weather was great.  Am not too keen on July & August temperatures - high 20s centigrade suit me best - and that's what we had in Kos.  Not only that, but the seawater around Tingaki is quite warm and relatively shallow because of the other islands and Turkey not being far away.
Incidentally we ended up staying at the Mythos Apartments in Tingaki on the recommendation of a couple we met on Arilas nudee beach who were staying at the Horizon at the same time as us this year - their opinion that the Mythos was just the place to stay proved quite right.  It is close to the beach, well kept, and with a good restaurant (Vasilis) attached.  It is in the Thomas Cook brochure and I think they are the only company who do the Mythos.  (By the way I've no connection with the Mythos or Thomas Cook).  The only drawback seems to be the night flights which, as far as I can see, appear to be the only ones available from Midlands airports - we flew from Birmingham and arrived back at 5am on Thursday 11th October 2007.
Best wishes
PJ

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 02:12:00 PM »
Hi PJ

Do you know if the Mythos apartments can be booked independantly , we know of some privately owned apartments in Tingaki already but it is always nice to have a choice especially if recommended by fellow travellers .

Yammas

Dave n Anne

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 09:22:59 PM »
Hi Dave n Anne
I believe the Mythos Apartments are solely available to Thomas Cook customers.  Next door, and probably with superior accomodation, and closer to the beach is the Meni, but I gather that from next year they will be 'all inclusive'.
There seemed to be plenty of accomodation available in Tingaki late in the season, but can't give you any details.'
Kalispera
PJ

Offline Colin & Mandy

Re: Just got back from Tingaki in Kos
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 06:17:03 PM »
I am interested to read that you have been to Tingaki, we are looking for 'Another Arillas' to give us a change of scenary for a week or two next year. We had been looking at the Mythos Apartments (We feel strangely drawn to these apartments, named after the great Greek God!). Can you let us know more about them, Tingaki in general, is it very busy compared to Arillas and hows the 'special part' of the beach near the salt lakes, how does it compare to Arillas?

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 07:58:50 PM »
Hi Colin & Mandy
The Mythos Apartments are well worth considering.  I would have no hesitation in booking another holiday there.  They are clean, well maintained, serviced everyday except Sunday.  The bathroom had a bath & shower and plenty of loo rolls.  The kitchen included a kettle.  The beds were comfortable.  Only drawback were mosquitos which the swallows delighted in scooping up each morning as we watched from our balcony.  However there are mossy nets at all windows and the balcony doors which slide into place.  The restaurant, Vasilis, is operated by the same family, is excellent. 
It is about a one mile walk to the nudee beach from the Mythos Apartments.  The beach is only 300 years away, but you need to walk beyond the end of the sunbeds and umbrellas to the dunes near the Salt Lake.  If you look on Google Maps satellite view you can see the Salt Lake, dunes, and beach.  The Mythos apartments are on the main street leading to the beach and on the right hand side.  The satellite view shows them clearly, the swimming pool nearest the beach being at the Mene, and the next one at the Mythos.
Tingaki is perhaps twice the size of Arilas, but in Spring and Autumn not really any busier.  It is in my view likely to appeal to Arilas fans.  The beach is not backed by cliffs and people walk along the beach towards the next resort, but they don't seem to mind the people enjoying maximum tanning oportunities.
The sea is shallow and warm.
Best wishes
PJ

Offline greg

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 05:32:21 PM »
I spent 2 weeks in Tingaki in June 2006. the weather was really hot but could get a little too windy. The beach is great for all textiles and nudies and the people are very friendly as i have found on all the Greek islands i have been on. I would recomend a visit there to anyone.

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 09:15:56 PM »
Hi Greg
Yes Tingaki is well worth visiting.  As for the wind, as I mentioned in the first post on this thread, we lost our umbrella two days into our fortnight when it blew away over the dunes towards the Salt Lake.  The wind rose while we were both having a swim, and by the time I'd caught up with it the spokes had broken.
Ah well, never mind the second one lasted the rest of the holiday, although I took the precaution of looping string round a couple of water bottle filled with sand and fixing them to the spokes on the windward side of the brolly.

This picture was taken down near the Salt Lake.
Do you have any recommendations for other good holiday spots.  TerryW has mentioned Kefalonia.

PJ

Offline greg

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 11:18:40 PM »
Hi PatrickJohn
    this year i spent my hols in Plakias on crete, this too was a very nice place with a long sandy/shingle beach. the best part of the beach is the far end which is used mainly by nudists but others used it too. personally i prefer the natural sunbathing. the town itself is fairly small but with plenty of bars and tavernas to keep you occupied. I stayed at the Kostas-Chrysoulla studios which were very nice and i was made to feel most welcome. Hope this has helped.

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 11:32:59 PM »
Hi Gregg
Thanks for the Plakias suggestion.  Have just had a look around the area on the Google Maps Satelite and there seems to be plenty of beach to enjoy.
Went to Elounda, a couple of years ago.  Enjoyed the holiday, but naturist beaches were quite hard to find.
Best wishes
PJ

Booking.com