Author Topic: BACK TO REALITY  (Read 4199 times)

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
BACK TO REALITY
« on: September 15, 2007, 05:21:06 PM »
Hi All,

Horrible to be back home.  We had a lovely 2 weeks in Arillas, and had the pleasure to meet Dimitris, Eggy/Neil (you dont look anything like your photo ha ha!!) and Ivan and wife.   We walked to San Stefanos by the footpath.  As we were going a car passed us even though there was a sign that said no cars but you know what some drivers are like!!  We also walked to Porto Timini.  We took the road just passed the Kokkinos Studios - the old heritage walk.  Its a tarmac road all the way to the Dionysis and the Panorama which are next door to each other.  We went into the Panorama and had a couple of drinks and asked the owner about the walk to Porto Timini bay.  He showed us a gateway we went through and turned right, and followed the path all the way down.  Beverly was only wearing flip flops as we had not intended to walk all the way to Porto Timini, but we got half way and thought why not.  It was pretty easy going on the way down, just had to watch where you were going.  Fantastic views of Agios Georgios and also the bay itself.  It is worth a visit.  We timed ourselves coming back doing a normal slow walk, and it took us 90 minutes from the bay back to Arillas.  We went on Captain Theo's beach bar b que which was recommended by someone on the forum.  Just to say that this is the best trip we have ever been on.  Theo is a complete nut case, but really good fun.  The food was brilliant I even went up for 2nds.  Plenty of wine and soft drinks if wanted.  On the way back we had a brilliant water fight with Theos other boat, which included copious quantities of shaving foam being squirted over everybody!!  We then stopped for a swim in a lovely sheltered bay - diving off the boat and the use of a slide as well.  We then headed for home, with English music blaring out, and Brits being Brits, we all started to dance on the top deck ending up congering up and down the stairs.  Theo thought this was so brill that he brought up a couple of bottles of fizzy wine which was passed round the boat.  We were all exhausted by the time we got back to our coaches, but can recommend a thoroughly good day out and worth every penny.  A must for young and old alike.  We ate in a few restaurants and they are all very very good.  The quality and variety of food is very good, and caters for young children as well.  Our particular favourites were the Brouklis and the Captains.  We were on the nudee beach - its a pleasure not to be hassled by pervs and oglers - one of the best nudee beaches we have ever been on.  There were a lot of Germans on the nudee beach, but everybody took their own rubbish back with them.  I noticed that someone was clearing the beach every morning - just picking up any bits of rubbish.  Back to work on Monday saving for our next trip to Pellion next year.  But never fear - we will be going back to Arillas in 2009.

Kevin & Beverly

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: BACK TO REALITY
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 06:18:12 PM »
Kevin - Beverly
Looks like you had a pretty good time all round.
It was good to meet you, albeit briefly.
Best Wishes.
(The old guy with a stick also sends his regards)
Neill Egg

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 08:04:04 PM »
kev-bev, I`m glad you enjoyed. I think you had a fab time. It`s hard to come home though, isn`t it?
Lindypops.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 10:18:24 AM »

Hi all

OOPS i have just noticed we have put the main post in the wrong section it should have gone in general chat and gossip sorry

kevin-beverly

Booking.com