Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101394 times)

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #5070 on: July 13, 2011, 03:03:07 PM »
A photo of a plate of food can be very artistic :-) A bottle of beer or glass of wine, condensation running down the side with an Arillas sunset or Gravia in the background is free advertising. Every person I show the pictures to say "Oh where is that, would love to be sat there drinking that drink or eating that food. Okay, reading that back does make me sound quite sad now I think about it but.........

On another note, is Phil going to have a special party in Arillas as he hits the 4000 post mark?

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5071 on: July 13, 2011, 03:06:49 PM »
I just don't see the point of posting such a negative comment. Bound to stir up a reaction which I daresay is a lot of the fun for the poster! By all accounts Arillas is sorely in need of some extra bums on seats and if a few pics and holiday reports help to advertise our resort that must surely be only a good thing. I mean how could you NOT salivate at some of the tempting dishes or daydream about meeting up with some of the locals mentioned or visiting some of the places? I would be very interested to see how many were in this "majority" who dislike these holiday blogs so much.

Offline robinandmave

• Mavis
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Mavis
« Reply #5072 on: July 13, 2011, 04:03:16 PM »
Well, it's not often you see me in these posts but I just want to say 'everyone to their own'!!!  Having said that, we certainly didn't have (or even need) technology to make it to Arillas 20 years ago or to love the place so much ever since, but if that's your thing then OK!  We have been twice in a year quite often over that time, but not always, however, we are this year, having been in June already and returning in September.  Can't wait to be back!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5073 on: July 13, 2011, 04:05:21 PM »
Meanwhile..... as they say....
Tonto, who was feeling a little broke went to see the Lone Arranger
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

An energy zapping Hot , Hot , Hot today (again) which brings me back home early to lock myself away behind closed shutters.

I never got as far as the sea front today so have no idea how many brave guests remain on the beach trying to win the battle with the heat.
(Mind you, if I had a two week break I would give it a go!)

Exchange at e1.116 and showing 35 deg in the shade here at Kavvadades. (at 4pm)
Now my plans are curl up , do diddley and have a cuppa (How boring is that?)
Cheers
Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5074 on: July 13, 2011, 04:20:15 PM »
A cuppa ouzo mr eggleton?!

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5075 on: July 13, 2011, 04:47:16 PM »
I did see a very sweaty Eggy on Sunday morning after he had done some work for Sandy. Then he rode off into the distance .... with Punto..... Hi-yo, Silver!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5076 on: July 13, 2011, 06:57:38 PM »
Then he rode off into the distance .... with Punto..... Hi-yo, Silver!

This could get silly , Terry.
Tonto asked where I was going?
To the dump, to the dump , to the dump, dump, dump
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After being "locked away" for 3 hours , and a cuppa T, Jo, I have now moved to whisky. Balcony shaded temp here, at 6:45 is now 36 deg and house temp is hovering around 27deg. WOTSITALLABOUT?

Armourada, this afternoon, were in the process of fitting 2 ceiling fans for the comfort of their guests.Leon was so hot n sweaty he kept sliding down the ladder! (OK - I exaggerate slightly )
Forgot to say , but I did have visions of stretching out on the balcony hammock, when I got home. Unfortunately , it was already taken.

BUGGER
Cheers
Negg

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5077 on: July 13, 2011, 07:00:43 PM »
Interesting....I had a feeling that the comment about pictures of plates of squid and glasses of Mythos was refering to my recent post on the "Tell me a Story" page, I was obviously not alone as Ann also picked up on the same.

Well the whole point of that page is just for that "Tell me a story"
It is a page where members can go and read about other members experiences of the Island of Corfu and particularly Arillas.

My writting was of my own experience and something which I know many other forum members have enjoyed reading, no one has been forced to read.
After 17yrs of visiting Arillas this year I came back concerned for the village, my concerns were that great that I decided to write about the features and benifits of this little place tucked away on the north west of corfu, my way!!

I shared our experience of taking a boat out for the day something that some would never have considered but hopefully after reading my tale, would be firmly on the list of things to do when next in Arillas - thus giving business to the boys on the front and keeping the money circulating around the village.
Some members/readers may not have been to Thalassa so they may not know of the superb octopus, stuffed tomatoes etc all cooked to perfection by Spiros mother.

Yes I used internet technology whilst on my holiday - to check out my dog who was at a superb kennel who have recently won an award for thier own innovation of providing that extra service, so once more I was sharing information with other members.

Forum members come and go, some members just enjoy reading others posts others contribute about lots of different subjects, but what I have found is that the members of this forum even if each have never nor will ever meet have an unswerving  desire to promote this little place called Arillas, an understanding and empathy for each other and there will always be someone to help out.

I am dissapointed that other members may not embrace the need to promote Arillas as others do, maybe thats because they are not really bothered about its survival - all I will say is that, yes it is an open forum and every one is indeed entitled to thier opinions, but flippancy will only create discord.
Ang

Offline annie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5078 on: July 13, 2011, 07:19:53 PM »
Ang
Love the new reports and old ones. Brill keep em coming
Annie xx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5079 on: July 13, 2011, 07:32:30 PM »
Then he rode off into the distance .... with Punto..... Hi-yo, Silver!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After being "locked away" for 3 hours , and a cuppa T, Jo, I have now moved to whisky. Balcony shaded temp here, at 6:45 is now 36 deg and house temp is hovering around 27deg. WOTSITALLABOUT?

Armourada, this afternoon, were in the process of fitting 2 ceiling fans for the comfort of their guests.Leon was so hot n sweaty he kept sliding down the ladder! (OK - I exaggerate slightly )
Forgot to say , but I did have visions of stretching out on the balcony hammock, when I got home. Unfortunately , it was already taken.
[img]Then he rode off into the distance .... with Punto..... Hi-yo, Silver!

BUGGER (You'll have to track back 2/3 posts to see the reason why)
Cheers
Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5080 on: July 13, 2011, 08:35:19 PM »
Here here Ang. Couldn't have put it better myself.  That pic of the cats is soo funny Eggy :-)

Offline dave mull

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #5081 on: July 13, 2011, 08:37:49 PM »
well what can i say jaz
i think you may have stired up a hornets nest
YES your entitled to your own opinion
YES your entitled to comment on the forum
YES your entitled to leave your technology and phone at home
but what gives you the right to post things like a yawn on someones post
if you dont like what you read and see on this forum. dont come on it
 as for the CLICK i dont know what thats all about the forum and this website is for like minded people and friends to share some happy memories and i for one look forward to reading and looking at the photos that most
people post on this site
so come on people more story and more photos please

david

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5082 on: July 13, 2011, 08:49:38 PM »
And actually Jez, after re-reading your post (8th, I hasten to add) yes us more prolific posters may be seen as a 'Clique' but why is that? Is it  because we strive to promote Arillas to everyone?  I have been visiting for 13 years and feel that i am in an ok position to comment on Arillas and all it entails. Things in this world are depressing enough without killjoys like youself coming along and putting a dampner on things.  Nobody died Jez, happy holidaymakers just shared their special moments with other visitors. I feel sorry that you obviously don't have much joy in your life. (bring it on :-)).

Offline Jaz

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • Stop War, Make Peace.
« Reply #5083 on: July 13, 2011, 09:00:21 PM »
Hi,,,thanks for your comments.....as we all know life is about opinions and everyone has their own and are entitled to that.Right or wrong it doesnt matter, it is that persons view and they are entitled to it and thats it.
All I was really trying to get over was, as nice as Arillas is, and I have been many a time in the last 25 years but have only just registered on here, I was struggling to understand why its the same 'Handful' of people posting on the forum about everything they do ,everything they eat and everyone they know, and every day as well.
In my opinion, to do that every day is some kind of compulsive condition maybe.
 Fine , everyone would like to know whats happening and can make fun reading, but every day??? not so sure. Especially when at home. Surely they must have a life apart from posting how many days to go to Arillas,,,,,,,,every day!
Thank you all for all your constructive comments and look forward to waving to you all in your kiss me quick hats and your 'been there' t-shirts as you go past on your way to work in the 'Arillas Council' mini bus.
P.S. Please don't take anything the wrong way......... its only a bit of lighthearted banter..................... have a nice day,
Kind Regards,
Jaz.

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5084 on: July 13, 2011, 09:05:17 PM »

I agree with what everyone is saying. If Jez doesnt like it then why is he reading peoples posts. I have not been to Arillas but booked for next year and this forum is making me think more and more that i have made the right choice for my family. Everybody wants a good holiday and to know where the best places to visit and eat are is a big help.
Carry on everybody with your great posts and hopefully next year mine will be on here.

Ness

Booking.com