Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101424 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #3690 on: March 02, 2010, 12:53:28 PM »
Great report & photos Eggy [except the rat one :(] - thank you.
I wonder which is the guilty one, Megg or Homer? How are they getting on these days, are they friends yet?
Sara

Sara -Well, a funny fing 'appened last night. But I'll start from the beginning.
Yesterday morning our Megg was in the utility room, sniffing around the washing machine.
Being curious, I got a torch and shone it down the sides but couldn't see anything there.
Sometimes she chases bits of paper around and purposly hits it under things.
( More exciting that way )
So, no more thought of it until 10ish last night when Wegg opened the door to the utility room and there staring at her was a little mouse type/shrew type rodent. Aaargh!
Eggy to the rescue with a small box but when I knelt down it ran straiGht up my trouser leg. - Good job I have a fondness for these little animals!
So, and now use your imagination. See me with left hand, sealing trouser bottom, to prevent the escape route for this lovely little character. Try also to imagine how you walk to the back door with one hand round ankle and the other to keep yourself steady.
(Come back Quasimodo - All is forgiven) - Esmeralda! and all that!
Bottom line is, When outside, shake leg and out pops mini hairy rodent who takes a long look at me, on his back legs before scuttling off to freedom.
MEGG MUST BE FAVOURITE AS THE GUILTY PARTY NOW!!
=========================================================
Connie - Drinks must be a must in June.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So , who says I keep going off thread, in posts.??

ARILLAS TODAY _ (so far)
A lovely morning with 16deg outside at mid-day. Good to see the soil starting to dry and Wegg has planted some vine "sticks" and more teddies ( Potatoes )
A lot going on around with digging,strimming,a few bonfires. Busy bees all round.
(Yep - and we've seen a few bees and heard that bird that goes - "Whoop")

I reckon that, in a couple of days time, there will be activity in Arillas with all our pals preparing for, what we hope, is a good Summer for them and us.
Sod the euro and sod the price increases. Holidays, as kiving here, are important to all and if you have to drink one beer less or hire a car for 5 days instead of 7 then go for it.
We have tightened our belts here in the same way. An ouzo less, shop around for bargains, don't drive for the sake of it,turn rads down, etc etc - And we're still here.

This is what I want to see this Summer!

(Taken July 09 )
Plus................. Loadsa Form friends!

A reminder that Sharon (left) will be up n running again with her good grub and really laid back atmosphere. .
and.... I just had to post this one again!

What we need is a van with "Arillas Nuts" - Maybe. (Phil could be Chairman!)

There yer go - off thread again!
Try and make up for it later.
Cheers
Negg

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3691 on: March 02, 2010, 12:59:40 PM »
LOLOLOL, Neil did you not scream like a girl when it ran up your trouser leg!!!! Thanks for that story, I'll be giggling all day.

Sharon x

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3692 on: March 02, 2010, 01:35:44 PM »
Eggy has made me smile with that story. It does conjure up a lovely vision with the mouse up his trousers. I wonder if he had baggy boxers on? :-)

Hickory, dickory dock keeps going through my mind for some strange reason.

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3693 on: March 02, 2010, 01:39:10 PM »
Neill,
       that made me laugh!!!!!!
                        Ivan

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #3694 on: March 02, 2010, 01:56:56 PM »
Oh Eggy - that's such a funny story. You dealt with the situation very calmly. If that had been me, I would have been screaming, running about & probably stripping off!
Terry, I wonder if Eggy was wearing boxers - next subject, Corfu Nuts. Now how did we get there? ah yes..................... Phil would definitely make a good chairman.

Sara

riggers

« Reply #3695 on: March 02, 2010, 01:59:56 PM »
HAHAHA Loved that one Negg....

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #3696 on: March 02, 2010, 03:54:08 PM »
ROFL....Neill you and Wenders really do have to write that book. :-)

Eileenxxxxx

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3697 on: March 02, 2010, 04:27:06 PM »
Quote by Sara
Terry, I wonder if Eggy was wearing boxers - next subject, Corfu Nuts

It might have been .... Cor! Phew! Nuts for Eggy, Sara :-)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3698 on: March 02, 2010, 04:54:10 PM »
To put any rumours to rest.
Eggy does not wear boxers!-It would look like two twigs sticking out from a large tent.

Arillas Today, people gives us a super duper day.
19 deg at 4:45 pm ??? = Wotsalldatabout?

I snuck onto someone's Villa balcony this lunchtime for a pic.
Hmmmm!, as Lloyd Grossman would say, who wouldl iive in a place like this?

And just to keep this "quiz" alive, I then took a view from yet another Villa.

(Good job they are both empty at the mo or strange looks would be coming my way)

Arillas is looking a real cracker and again reminds me that the smooth far outdoes the rough! - Problems and stress for us this Winter? - Wot problems-Who's stressed?
( Who told you that 'ole rubbish? )

And who's this, with dainty hand, patiently treating all our "rest areas" with a coating of teak oil?

Anyway - Darts K/O tonight at Three Ws - Eggy is a coiled spring and,with a little luck ,will only lose by a small margin.
Be well all
Negg

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3699 on: March 02, 2010, 06:53:59 PM »
Good luck with the darts tonight, Neil - and thank you once more for the fantastic reporting!
I'm still laughing my socks off with your story of the rodent up your trouser leg - I'd have been screaming still if it had been my trousers!!
Hopefully we'll get to meet you in May - we're there at the same time as our Viv and Pete
Janis x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3700 on: March 02, 2010, 07:20:06 PM »
You lot trying to tell me I'm nuts or summat????? Oh well, I knew already.

Reet cheered me up to read your posts Eggy, and all the replies. I remember the pic of Sharon, Martin, Lynn, Colin and Nan really well. Just wish Jen and I had been in it.... I also remember my reaction: "Ratbags!!" It's a bit ironic now in view of your escpades with the rodent. Were they Oxford (rat)Bags you were wearing? (Groan - sorry, no I can't do any better than that!)

Lovely post. Thanks
Phil

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3701 on: March 02, 2010, 07:21:31 PM »
Oh Phil, even I groaned at that one! 

Janis x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #3702 on: March 02, 2010, 08:28:47 PM »
OO Neill, just what I needed after a long day, a reet good laugh. Cant stop giigling now, good job Maggy didn't try to chase it up. I can just see you hobbling to the door and I can hear wendy laughing at you. Thanks for the pics, I think I know which 2 friends places you were at and all I can say is I want one.lol. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3703 on: March 02, 2010, 09:03:48 PM »
Agreed - that was indeed a much needed good laugh!  Maybe the rodent knew a softie when he saw one!  Just hilarious, Neill, also some of the answers - (Hickory Dickory Dock?  Good one, Terry!)

I love the photos too, particularly those two of the sea.  :)
Cheers,
lynn xx

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3704 on: March 05, 2010, 09:47:08 PM »
Neill Calum almost wet himself when I read him your report.  Just the thought of it has made us all laugh, could this only happen to you, YES I think so ha ha.

Jill X
Jill XXX

Booking.com