Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101566 times)

Maggie

Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #2535 on: January 09, 2009, 09:28:22 PM »
Gorgeous pictures Neill, keep them coming please, they're whats getting me through this yukky weather here........

Offline MaryH

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2536 on: January 09, 2009, 10:05:11 PM »
Hi Eggy
I love your photo of Arillas beach - I would love to print it off and frame it - it's stunning.  I can imagine some appartments would not be suited to winter weather - Olive picking - think I would love to do a kind of working holiday

Take Care

Mary

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2537 on: January 11, 2009, 01:54:34 PM »
A very dry 13 deg lunchtime for Arillas Today.

And...... as you can see, Arillas Beach is winning the recent minor dispute with the sea about who owns the sand.

Not a lot of "goings on" ,in Arillas at the moment, to tell you about and even those new "Marinaki Build" ? - Appts have slowed down. Maybe if the weather is on the turn, and we can have a few more dry days then the build will continue and a few more "well known" faces will venture out.

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2538 on: January 11, 2009, 05:21:48 PM »
Thanks Eggy. The beach looks wonderful. Wish we were there...

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2539 on: January 15, 2009, 05:41:06 PM »
Phil

You shouda been here today as it was a very quiet Arillas, the only "noise" being the sound of the sea.

Not a soul around to enjoy a dry 14 deg temperature.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
On a different note.
I spoke to Peri recently. Peri and Joanne from 2008 newly opened Artemis Bar, that is.
Looks like a "too good to miss" opportunity has been put their way but means a move to Corfu Town is necessary. A shame as the Artemis looks to have been taking off quite well.
The upshot being, he is now looking for someone to rent the bar for the summer season and would sell all contents as well. Basically put on an apron and off you go.
Any Forum addicts interested? PM me and I'll pass his contact details on.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cheers All
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2540 on: January 15, 2009, 07:02:09 PM »
Ah Eggy, I so wish we were. Walking along the beach, just Jen, me and the sea. Then head for Amourada and a revivng hot Greek meal. Bliss.

So glad for Jo and Peri - they deserve to succeed. We spent many a happy hour with them last year, just chewing over things and sharing our Arillas experiences. If we were in a position to rent the bar we would. But I can dream can't I?

Thanks for the post, and our best to Wegg and Megg.
Phil and Jen

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #2541 on: January 15, 2009, 10:10:28 PM »
Very pleased for Perri & Joanne that they have been given this opportunity and what a great opportunity for somebody else to take on a up and running buisness, did talk to Pete about it but he says he would miss me to much. How nice it is to be loved and wanted how much nicer if we could both be in the place we love, but I hope evry thing works out for whoever takes it on, even if we dont know them yet. Please give Perri &
Joanne my regards. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2542 on: January 16, 2009, 03:11:26 PM »
Vivian

The small rental charge is very tempting, but I fear that I would only drink the profits.
Maybe two couples to share the business and, therefore, have a bit of summer to themselves is the way to go.

We're enjoying a very nice 17 deg here today and very calm everything is tooooo.
I have plans tomorrow to take a couple of pics of Arillas from a friends house which, as long as the weather keeps up, will make us all green with envy.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2543 on: January 17, 2009, 11:02:49 AM »
Hi Eggy

Whereabouts is the Artemis situated please?

Amanda

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2544 on: January 17, 2009, 12:33:22 PM »
Hi Mango
Artemis used to be a "supermarket" and is situated quite near to Thomas fish restaurant (Vavilas) If you are on the sea front you walk past Grazella and Sea Breeze, round past Bardis Sun and carry on along the road towards Vavilas. Keep going and you will find it on the left. A bit further on past Makris you can cut through Elena Stella and onto the road towards the Rainbow and Brouklis.

All the best
Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2545 on: January 17, 2009, 05:00:02 PM »
Phil
Much better directions than I could do. - I just follow the bonnet of the Red Pug.

A very super duper Arillas today and we're, just like the UK I think, enjoying a dry day with temps hovering around 16 deg.
We visited "nearly new" friends of ours, Bob and Penny , in Afionas, for "elevenses", which on Greek time ended up as "twelve-ses"

Just to make everybody envious, including us, here's a view of Arillas, with Agious Stephanos Bay in the background,from their balcony.

On a clearer day they can see the snow on the Albanian Mountains.

And, from another balcony they can wake up to this....

I think Cheryl and Timbo will remember the house and couple as we all paid them a visit just before everything was completed and ready for "the big move".

And... What I like about Bob is , he likes a game of darts as well.

Cheers Negg.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2546 on: January 17, 2009, 05:17:14 PM »
You are so right Eggy. I am green with envy. One day soon Jen and me will wake up to a view like that

Thanks for posting it. Will see you sometime soon
Phil

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #2547 on: January 17, 2009, 05:44:28 PM »
Lovely photos Eggy - thank you.
What a beautiful day in Arillas. We had a lovely morning here too but as usual it had clouded over by lunchtime.
Your friends have got an amazing view.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #2548 on: January 17, 2009, 07:21:29 PM »
That is what I call a view! Now, where did I put my lottery ticket...;)
Life is good ;)

riggers

« Reply #2549 on: January 17, 2009, 07:42:34 PM »
Very envious here too. Erja didn't i go half with you on that lottery ticket :)

riggers....

Booking.com