Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101703 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #2265 on: October 07, 2008, 12:26:58 PM »
Welcome Wendycw.
Hopefully you'll be able to visit Arillas next year and take on "Acting Roving Reporter"
( Even if it's only for one day ) - Paul n Denise doing a good job of it!.

Georgia ,and Phil. You are both correct. They are radishes but have "blown" , if that's the correct term. We thought we had eaten them all , ages ago. These 3 got away.
( Are they edible now? - Who knows? )

Mick n Jill - I use "image shack" for posting pics. I'm sure , somewhere on the Forum, there are step by step instructions for it.
I can't find it but someone must know where the post is?

Cheers from a dry 18/20 deg Arillas at 12:30. I think the exchange has dropped a bit today and will find out later.
Negg

Offline pilko

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #2266 on: October 07, 2008, 01:04:35 PM »
Thanks Mary,that was very helpfull,i am starting to get the hang of things now.much appreciated.have a nice day.pilko

Marymary

« Reply #2267 on: October 07, 2008, 08:15:21 PM »
Thanks Pilko,
You're welcome and I'm sure you and your wife will have a fantastic  holiday in Arillas and will have many more

Take Care and enjoy
Mary

Offline annie

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2268 on: October 07, 2008, 09:35:14 PM »
Hi Mick and Gill
Hope this helps
Go to www.imageshack.us
Click on the browse tab and select your saved picture from your file
Type in your email address in box provided
Use the drop down menu to re-size your image (click on 320 x 240)
Then click host it
A few seconds later another page will appear, scroll down to the box titled 'Direct link to image'
Copy and paste the text in the box

click on the 'insert image' icon, next to the one that looks like a spinning wheel.     this will appear, (img) (/img), between the 2 sets of brackets paste the code which you copied from the imageshack site

Annie

Offline emeralddragons

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2269 on: October 08, 2008, 01:12:55 PM »
We are back from our second trip to Arillas, refreshed and feeling grateful to the entire friendly village, starting with Dimitris and his beautiful family.
    Many talented reporters, both of the roving and the on-the-spot variety, have described the joys of Arillas. I'll let a somewhat older gentleman speak for my husband and myself, i.e. one Anthony Sherley. He wrote the following in 1601, as quoted in the foreword to Prospero's Cell, the 1930s Corfiot diary of Lawrence Durrell:
    "A Greekish isle, and the most pleasant place that ever our eyes beheld for the exercise of a solitary and contemplative life... In our travels many times, falling into dangers and unpleasant places, this only island would be the place where we would wish ourselves to end our lives."
(Replace the words 'solitary and contemplative' with 'social and relaxed' if you wish, it's still true!)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2270 on: October 09, 2008, 07:07:22 PM »
Emeralddragons
The whole village still maintains that refreshing outlook on life even though the end of the season looms.
But.... what is the end of the season? - Only what "flight onlies" tell us I suppose!

Arillas today has, once again been a very good day. OK, the temp drops a bit from 6pm but, we've had approx temps hovering around 28deg fron lunchtime-ish.
Just a small price to pay in the evening , eh? ( Around 21 deg now at 7pm )

The beach is still a pleasure to be on. - and just that little bit quieter.

It's been a very good week for all to chose to try a "late" break and, I think, next week will be just as good. Paul n Denise have not been dissapointed , this week.
( Nor have all others , I think )

Cheers All
Negg

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2271 on: October 10, 2008, 10:50:16 AM »
Thanks Negg, that sea looks so inviting.  Cant believe I havent even been home a week yet! 

Emeralddragon, love that quote, it sums up arillas perfectly.

Sharon x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2272 on: October 10, 2008, 12:06:53 PM »
We have been home two weeks today and cant believe it... at least its nice and sunny here today, might eat my lunch in the garden greek style.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Marika

• Forum Fanatic
  • With love!
« Reply #2273 on: October 10, 2008, 12:46:10 PM »
Hi everybody!
A big HELLO from sunny Arillas :-)
It is beeautiful weather today :-)
Just have a fast fast look here on the webside, but I think
I will look at home what is going on here :-)
Too many new posts :-) HaHaHa!
Very sad on tuesday I must go home.
3 1|2 weeks over :-(
But I enjoy the last days :-)
See you all, when I am back in Germany!
Marika x x x

www.marika75.webs.com

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #2274 on: October 10, 2008, 01:39:18 PM »
Hello Marika,

Time flies when you are having fun as everyone here can confirm :). Enjoy your last few days and looking forward to seeing all your new pictures! 8)

Life is good ;)

riggers

« Reply #2275 on: October 10, 2008, 05:38:33 PM »
I agree with Erja about time flying when having fun. Hope you enjoy the last days of your holiday Marika.  :)

riggers...

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #2276 on: October 10, 2008, 05:50:54 PM »
Pete and I arrive Monday afternoon. Hope to see you before you go it seems such a long time ago that we saw you last. Anyway enjoy your last few days and flight home. By the way Pete has bought a new flash gun so hopefully he will get some better night picture's (guess who's fault that is. lol. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Marymary

« Reply #2277 on: October 10, 2008, 06:54:32 PM »
Hi Marika
seeing your amazing photos  has got me looking for a better camera, the one I've got is a Cannon Digital iXus , I've seen a Sony one I quite fancy, but maybe it's a skilled photographer like you that makes your photos so special.  Enjoy the rest of your holiday

Love
 Mary

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2278 on: October 11, 2008, 01:14:33 AM »
viv, are you trying to make us all jealous! Re Arillas?
Have a great time.
Lindypops.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2279 on: October 11, 2008, 02:55:19 AM »
this only island would be the place where we would wish ourselves to end our lives.

Jen and me are determined that our bones will end up there. Thanks for your quote emeralddragons.

Arillas Today is devoid of Phil and Jen, Mary and Ken, riggers and Sue, EEG, BG and Mike, Kev and Bev, HelsBels and Keith, MartnDawn, BlindPete and Terri, PaulC and Di, Jen and Jonathon, Mick Jill and Callum, Josef and Maria, PaulnMaria, and many other forum people. They were all there while we were. How will the locals cope without us? For us it is Arillas Next Year, not Arillas Today.

It will certainly be quieter without some of us... The loudhailer vans will go quiet. "Phil and Jen are back in England. You can relax now." The darts will proceed without interruption. Sandy can entertain her friends and family without worrying. Eggy and Weggy can breathe a sigh of relief. Lara and Cookie can chase someone new. Viv can sunbathe in peace. Dimitris can take down the garlic and give it back to Roula....

Back here abroad, EEG won't have to plead for another beer. Kev (or is it Bev) can finally eat liver and onions without feeling like a cannibal. Keith can work out who his twin brother really is.  Mike and BG can dance without fear of being photographed. SharonF can find her camera. Ah am I really going mad????? Probably

Phil

Booking.com