Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3102062 times)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #2205 on: October 01, 2008, 04:02:19 PM »
Welcome back Lindypops! Glad you had a good time.
Sandy x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #2206 on: October 01, 2008, 04:19:12 PM »
Welcome back lindypops. Love Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2207 on: October 01, 2008, 04:54:42 PM »
Thank you very much ladies. Was it quiet without me? We met Sharonf/Billy, Paul/Denise, 2scoops,  Eggy & Wendy,Su/Roger. I think we saw blindpete. If it was him, we sat next to him @ Man air, without realising. Anyhow, had some good company and plenty of gassing! You know I can talk,lol. xx
Lindypops.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2208 on: October 01, 2008, 06:29:27 PM »
Mick n Jill
Callum is a great kid and full credit to him for taking up those pointed missiles. He listened to any advice given and, as you know, tried to "gee" me up on on game we partnered, as I was letting him down. A good fun time had by all.
( Wished I'd had played his dad a few games - All bring darts next year! )
Yianni enjoyed the time as well and, with lads that age, the language barrier does not seem to be a problem. - Maybe all adults can learn from that,

Lindy P and Mal
Glad you're back safe and sound. - Once agan the time sped on by. It only seems that you got here a coupla days ago!

Arillas today - On the first of October?
The beach was looking good but very few people to enjoy it!

No sunbeds out maybe due to the possible rain forecast today - WHAT RAIN?

I spoke to a couple this afternoon who had a very relaxing time on the sand with enough space to swing a dozen cats ( If you're into cat swinging , that is ! )

A warm afternoon with average temps of 25 deg and a very subdued Arillas which has plenty of spare places, to hide away, for everybody.

Not Arillas, but , I found a lovely place in Agious Stephanos today called the " Three W's " - It's an internett bar and very nice surroundings with very friendly people.
make a note of it, incase you want somewhere to point the hire car next year.
( Just past the basketball court on the left hand side, from Arillas )

Cheers All
Negg

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2209 on: October 01, 2008, 09:53:56 PM »
Hi Eggy it was my youngest Daughters husband Brian who played you a couple of games, not Calums Dad.
We are very proud of Calum as you said he is a great kid, we haven't done that bad bringing him up if I say so myself ha ha ha.  He's alot less trouble than his mum and 3 aunties were. Calum is already planning next years holiday back to Rainbow and of course Dimitris offered him a job at Bouklis when he's 13 and as they shook on it he thinks its a done deal bless him.  Of course his Granny could always go with him couldn't she.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2210 on: October 01, 2008, 10:32:47 PM »
Sorry Jill

Another Egg mix up. - I'm pretty famous for those !

Callum is certainly a lad to be proud of. - Maybe soon he'll be pointing Mick in the direction of treble 20!
Ifyou and Mick are looking for a bristle board for him then take a look at:-
www.amazon.co.uk/cq-player-darts-board-cabinet - Hope that works - This board and cabinet are a bargain at £20. ( From £50 )
( If not , go into the amazon website )

( Brian should also be bringing his darts next year, I reckon, A strange board and wrong darts did not do his game any justice ) - And I cheat donchyerknow!

And... If Callum doesn't get his job at Brouklis I think his laid back friendly nature will secure a place somewhere else very quickly.

Rain is on the cards for tomorrow. Hope it stays away as we're off to Corfu Town at 07:30 a.m.  - Obviously hope it stays away for those here on holiday.
( If not they will have to borrow a set of darts and......... )

Cheers
Negg

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2211 on: October 02, 2008, 12:00:47 AM »
Eggy don't worry about the mix up if I had a Euro for everytime some one thought Calum was my son on holiday I would be able to buy that little house I want over there ha ha ha.

Will definatly look on Amazon.  At least a dart board wont take up much room not like the 6ft snooker table that arrived after our trip to Corfu a couple of years ago.  Steve if you read this it was much appreciated but I do miss my dining room table that had to be disposed of to accommodate the snooker table.  If anyone knows of a good home it is now out of favour and would love to relocate.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2212 on: October 02, 2008, 01:06:41 AM »
Eggy, I know Wegg asked me to bring a package over for you next week....something from Amazon to do with darts she said.....hope it's not that board and cabinet??!!
Sandy x

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2213 on: October 02, 2008, 01:13:42 PM »
Could someone tell me how to upload pictures on to the thread.  First time I have tried and can't manage it ha ha ha

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Paul & Denise

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2214 on: October 02, 2008, 01:57:08 PM »
Thanks to Dimitris I can now access the site here in arillas. Arrived on time Monday after an uneventful flight from East Midlands- who saved Denise's life by having a smoking area plane side, looks like our new regular airport!! Hit the rainbow bar around 5 and staggered to our room with cases at 11.30 suitably drunk. Tuesday a quite day around the pool and bar, met Eggy for the first time and also LP and Mal- getting ready to go home, don't forget the Bradley you two. Lazy lazy day Wednesday but now feel human again. Rained overnight but just a bit cloudy today though people are talking of storms due, never mind back to the bar! Exchange rate has made 1.25 today and the ATM has NOT worked since our arrival. Had a couple a goes at fixing it, not sure when it will be up and running again.
Sure there are loads of members out here to say hi to but I find myself staring at everyone trying to remember if I have seen the pic on this forum!! If you are here stare back! Going down to the beach now more post during holiday.Yammas

Offline Geoffrey with a "G"

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2215 on: October 02, 2008, 02:00:20 PM »
Could someone tell me how to upload pictures on to the thread.  First time I have tried and can't manage it ha ha ha

Jill

Go to A-Z photos of Corfu topic where detailed instructions were given by a few members
Geoffrey with a `G´

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #2216 on: October 02, 2008, 03:17:43 PM »
Can you please let us know when the ATM is working. Have a good rest of your holiday. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2217 on: October 02, 2008, 05:06:09 PM »
:-)  Paul and Denise... I know how you feel... I kept getting funny looks and I suppose I was giving other the same stare not knowing if I recognized anyone or not.  I immediately found Phil and Jen and rushed over, leaving Mike standing in the road wondering where on earth I was going...they were easy to find.  Also found, them in the Rainbow with Eggy, Kev and Bev and Riggers (playing darts of course).but I do apologise if I walked on by anyone I should have known.  Cant see when I have my "sunnies" on. 

Hope you are having a great time despite the weather... we had the same but we still enjoyed it all.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2218 on: October 02, 2008, 05:58:02 PM »
Sandy,
I think the darts cabinet is the same size as a suitcase so you can always pack your things in with the dartboard.  - Joking - Honest!

Viv,
I'm sure the Atm will be back in service soon. It hasn't let us down since May 2007.

Sue ( BG )
I think it's best to recognise Forum members first, othersise they tend to hide behind wheely bins or nip into Supermarkets or run, fully clothed, into the sea.
( That's what happens to me anyway! )

And Arillas Today gives us a sneak preview of Paul and Denise starting an early celebration to their wedding anniversary, which is today , donchyerknow!?
Congrats to you both.

They have picked, I think, a very good laid back time to be here and, at 24/25 deg in the shade now, hope they have a dry evening, weather wise, and a very wet evening. alcohol wise! - Plus some good food , of course!

Paul tells me the exchange rate , in Arillas today, sits at e 1.25 dead.
( What with a recent posting and monitoring currency have we got another "acting" roving reporter here?

Keep it up mate!
Cheers
Negg

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2219 on: October 02, 2008, 06:04:32 PM »
Eggy - your darts arrived this morning. I forgot to alert the receptionist to packages arriving for you here and the poor woman thought it was a bomb. I opened it as instructed....may have to remove the magazine in it of a girl in skimpy underwear - Wegg would not approve!!
Sandy x

Booking.com