Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3020534 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8955 on: September 05, 2019, 06:28:09 PM »
Barry - Do you like the 28deg today ?? -

New Arillas Friends here Today and I think they have picked a much more conservative temperature to allow them to enjoy their time.
but ... remember , conservative does not appeal to all. - Some like it hot , hot , hot.
(I can cope with a cool off period but I must ask , Can You? - All in all pleases all, in the long run!)
anyway.... a tad of time with John n Linda plus Ron n Sue at Rainbow today so all well for me.
Johns nickname is "NED" as in Ned Kelly played by Mick Jagger in that well known Australian film. - Can't remember why it's Ned but he did have a live sheep, by his side, in Rainbow and kept calling me COBBER!! - Sure his good lady was Linda and not a "Sheila"
(Tie yer Kangaroo down John! - There's a limit to what Rainbow will put up with!!)
I do , however think Dimi (Rainbow) thinks I am a "Customer sales prevention Officer"  as, after a while his customers start to vanish!!
(Do I talk that much ?? - Maybe it's that stink bug that Kevin has posted on his "walking Post" - I keep some in my pocket)
Cheers
Negg - who , as always blames the ouzo and a good time to take teasy. - Hyperman!!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8956 on: September 06, 2019, 05:22:00 PM »
Got to Rainbow today and John , alias Ned , approached me in the full body armour that our old Australian outlaw used to wear. I got confused and thought he was a washing machine salesman!! --- But... no , It is Lyn not Linda who is his good lady. -WOTTAMISTAKATOMAKA!
I thought he was going to throw me in the nearby ditch but some one was already in there!!! - Thought I recognised him.
anyway ..... I got a good deal on a new washing machine.

Arillas today bounces back with those 30 deg temps and a hottie afternoon. - WOTDOIKNOW?? Thought it was cooling down. - not yet!!!
It is a winding down time now and many Taverna and Bar owners are now able to sit with customers and put the world to rights.
September is good and the first two weeks in October will be a cracker.
Wine festival tomorrow, when many caraffes will be licked clean and wobbly dancing be acheived by many novices with two left legs.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8957 on: September 07, 2019, 04:34:51 PM »
And...... on Arillas Wine festival day.... Clear skies and 28deg at 5pm. - Twill be busy there , methinks.

Negg's in pain today , but don't feel sorry for me. Many side muscles pulled so a taketeasy few days in order. - Painful to drive or lift owt! (darts??)
Many visitors will now be cheering as they do not have to hide or worry they will be pounced upon and get there ears bent!
Fate works in mysterious ways. - For those here , enjoy that festival and do a jig , or two.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8958 on: September 09, 2019, 10:55:26 AM »
11am and I hear thunder coming from over the hill!!
Interesting!!!
Negg

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8959 on: September 09, 2019, 09:13:07 PM »
My daughter and friend arrived last night to a raucous hen party at Bardis sun studios for Jenny who is marrying George Bardis . Woke to thunder and rain this morning but brightened up this afternoon. Wish I was there.  First time she has been without us😥

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8960 on: September 10, 2019, 02:01:40 PM »
Excellent !   
I bet George was glad the Hen Party was there as he could have the night off !  lol
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8961 on: September 10, 2019, 06:34:28 PM »
Excellent !   
I bet George was glad the Hen Party was there as he could have the night off !  lol

Truth
I nearly went but chickened out because I knew I could fall fowl of something. Know what I mean? - Not good for my "egghead" and could have ended up scrambled!! - and I am not yolking here!!

Arillas today , meanwhile , sits nicely at 26 deg and a not too hottie for your bottie afternoon. WOTTANICETIMEOYEAR!!
Cheers
Negg (Relaxed and not (egg) shell shocked!!)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8962 on: September 11, 2019, 03:59:02 PM »
A cool laid back , Arillas Today , with a smidgeon of rain that did diddley. - 26 deg and dry with reduced numbers on the beach and some very nice waves to suprise anyone who ventured into the water.
Winding down time , guys. - Said it afore and says it again!! You fancy spending time with all those friendly waiters and owners then now is  probably the time to do it. - Interesting chats could be had.
Cheers
Negg

Online turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8963 on: September 11, 2019, 04:42:14 PM »
Hi
At least it’s dry for the beach wedding at 17.00 hours
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8964 on: September 12, 2019, 07:14:04 PM »
Geoff - Beach Wedding?? - Do they throw sand and not rice then??

WOTTAGOODSEPSOFAR!!
Arillas Today as good as yesterday and more leaned back than ASDA BACON !! - So nice and wish September started from May and finished in November. - LUVIT2BITS!

Twas my pleasure , today , to bump into Cheryl2307. She unwinds after giving her son away to a very nice partner who is now his wife.
Never thought she would be a M...in law.- If my M.in Law I would be in trouble!
A good pal now , for 10 years plus and she never ages. Why do all the people I meet never age and tis only me??
Anyway...... Arillas as good as ever and many ears will be bashed , by me , this week as I hobble around with sprained back muscles and the inability to play darts!! - Better to sit and bend an ear or two. ---- All sympathy cards to Kavadaddes TK49081 please!!
Cheers
Negg

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8965 on: September 12, 2019, 09:42:41 PM »
Oh Cheryl is back 🙂 . Lovely lady ,  she got a mention when me and you (Negg) were talking at Tria.
If you are reading this I hope you are well and had a cracking day !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8966 on: September 13, 2019, 02:52:39 PM »

Hi Cheryl

Shame we didn’t see each other this year we had to go early because we took Billy.
Hope you have a lovely time with the newlyweds all the best

Kevin

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8967 on: September 15, 2019, 06:27:36 PM »
Arillas Today brings all here a super 27/26deg. So many chilled out new visitors. Tis like a Glastonbry Festival for the over 45's!!
Everyone throws their Zimmer frame in the air and, whichever two land first, have to spend the night together!!
(As long as they are still alive in the morning , then all is well.)
I, however, cannot join in this as I am too old. - and of course my sense of humour always says I talk diddley. - So beleive nothing of the above.

Not diddley , however , is the Pavorotti Night at Armourada. - Those with earplugs will enjoy the music and, of course the food offered, which includes Rabbit Stiffado , which nearly got me there. - Unfortunately , as I can hear a flea fart , from 50 metres away , the loud music is a no , no.
This yearly evening has become a super tradition for Armourada and Arillas and, probably the road will be closed for fireworks and Vasillis will give  150% for his customers and Leon will probably feel like playing darts as a good alternative. But... the family will ensure that, if you can have the earplugs , or are stone deaf or you just enjoy the atmosphere offered then tis a cracker of a night. - Feedback from previous devotees tell me this night is not to be missed. - and .... of course I do not have to leave Kavadaddes as I will hear the music on our balcony,
(Sadly no rabbit stiffado here - Bugger!!! - Maybe we will just go with extra padded crash helmets!!)
Cheers
Negg

Offline Barry

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #8968 on: September 15, 2019, 07:07:07 PM »
We watched  it last year.  He was running around stopping traffic, lighting fireworks and turning up the music full volume. Brilliant! . And great fun.
We're going to the Mathraki for the curry tonight but I'm sure we'll hear it.
Barry and Christine.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8969 on: September 17, 2019, 05:50:55 PM »
I am told that the Pavorotti evening was a great success. - Possibly judged by the number of people queued up outside  "Greek Specsavers"  in Corfu Town , to get their hearing checked. "Can you check my hearing??" - Eh? , speak up please! (The staff went as well!!)

Today , Arillas continues to wind down , as does the temp which hovers around 29 deg at 6pm.

Bye Byes were in order for Sue , as in Sue of , (sadly departed Paul) and Cheryl. I am sure Cheryl has had a very chilled week ,after James (son) marriage and all the pressure leading up to it. - Look forward to seeing her again as she gets me off my butt to go and do something different instead of darts and sit and Ouzo at the same place. - Like everyone else I meet no one ages , except me!!

WOTMORECANISAY??? - Old fart signing off.
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com