Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3021219 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8880 on: August 01, 2019, 05:27:16 PM »
Arillas today , for me , a good one....... not only do I get to have a good chat with Ron n Ali but I get to eat all those chips they left!!
"Eat yer heart out Gunga Din" - They were good chips tooooo.
So tomorrow I will be stalking them to where they go and what they order and then nip in about 10 minutes after they are eating!!

I get home a sober but swetty betty and now sit with no shirt tyoing away merrily. 32 deg outside temp but coping with a 26deg inside , which is just as well as my pacemaker has been bleeping all afternooon. - Lock me up and throw away the key!! (Just keep the ouzo flowing!!)
Ron gets it right as I think he in on song. - Are you on song Ron? - Or am I wrong , Ron (Don't care as I ate yer chips anyway!!)

Seriously thgough... bugger... not seriously though as life is to short. - A good afternoon had by all enjoying these high temps being shot at us!
The sea does not look big enough anymore - Is this Weston-Super-Mare or a bad dream???
(I luv Weston , by the way , and many a time I have tracked to the sea on my zimmer frame. Once I took a taxi!!)
Cheers
Negg

Offline ron

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #8881 on: August 01, 2019, 05:42:31 PM »
YOU ARE A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK,PLUS A THONG IS NOT A MUSICAL THEME!!!!!!!
ron

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8882 on: August 01, 2019, 06:19:25 PM »
Yer know Ron, a Thong is music to my ears but hell to play with my pacemaker. And...... I beleive my Punto is copying me.! - After driving through Arillas the poor thing , or thong, got home with the heating fan going hellferleather. We both drunk a lot of water and are currently comforting each other with phrases like " It's OK , it's all a bad dream , and twill be better tomorrrow "
and.... I have to say that I am very glad they do not have a "Eurovision Thong Contest" - Oh my god - I will stay in the shed, I like it there!
Gotta headache now
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8883 on: August 03, 2019, 09:22:20 AM »
"Word on the Street" says temps may touch 40 deg today...... but WOTDOIKNOW??
Well it's 27 deg now at 9am ......... we will see.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8884 on: August 09, 2019, 07:03:24 PM »
Arillas Today wishes Kevein , Beverly and young Billy boy a safe, non delayed flight over for Monday.
If you take todays weather today as a template for next week you will still have 32 deg at 7pm.
(WOTTASHAME he's emptied the pool for your arrival!!!)

Kevin - I have sent you a PM

So, I guess from Monday onwards the A-Z pics will take a back seat?? - C'mon Sonia n PJ !!!
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8885 on: August 10, 2019, 10:29:25 AM »
Arillas , yesterday , as seen from Kostas on the Beach.

Wish I had got off my butt and taken a better one. But you know how it is?? ---Relaxing , Ouzo , a few chips. Who wants to budge??
Cheers
Negg

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #8886 on: August 10, 2019, 12:15:28 PM »
Hope the new open look is working well.  I see they have put up a sail type sunshade.  Looking forward to our 2020 holiday in Arillas when we can personally check it out.  Thanks for all your updates (and witticisms) Eggy.
Best wishes
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8887 on: August 10, 2019, 06:32:50 PM »
Arillas today , PJ , and many have struggled with the heat. Including me who was only out for 30 minutes. One beer , Rainbow, and then hideaway at home. - We are on 35 deg now at 6:30 pm. (26 deg in the house)
No motivation for me , right now , including witticisms. Maybe cooler tomorrow and a few pics will be in order.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8888 on: August 11, 2019, 06:45:50 PM »
I managed 30 mins in Arillas today, mostly driving around, looking for a spot to put the Punto. I decided on an Armourada beer away from the beach front chaos. - Equally very good to see a fully packed Arillas with the temp around 35deg.
Arillas locals have responded , very well , to the parking issues and there are many spaces, available now, behind- Beach Kostas and Thalassa.
(all full today, by the way)

Kevin n Beverly n Billy boy here tomorrow. They should be leaving Corfu Airport, around 2:30 - Wowie Zowie !! could be a hottie not only around there but with a possible 90 minute drive I hope they turn up in shorts and vest!!!!
(Kevin in a vest???? - WOTSTHATALLABOUT?? - hope it's not a string one! - Rab C Nesbit springs to mind!!)

For you guys here for a short spell of this "warm time"  twill be good for y'all. Spare a thought though for all those Tavernas / Bars /Waiters and kitchen staff who, losing weight very quickly  still manage a friendly smile.
... and moi ?? - waiting for the temp to drop to 26deg so I can water the veggies. - 36 deg now at 7pm!! - Long wait then!!

Cheers
Negg

Offline riggers

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #8889 on: August 11, 2019, 07:19:24 PM »
See you a week on Tuesday Neill. I bet you forgot my email!!

Cheers
Riggers.

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #8890 on: August 11, 2019, 09:38:20 PM »
Hey Eggy - string vest and shorts you say - I know what Kev might look like 'cos I've got a picture of me in that trendy gear!  Sorry about the odd socks.

Visiting the Doctor

by pj's memories, on Flickr

Regards
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8891 on: August 12, 2019, 09:11:21 AM »
Super Pic, PJ.
I can see, from the length of the left n right leg, on those  shorts , that they have already started to evolve into speedos!!
(Evolution is a wonderful thing) - and why are you carrying a landmine??

Arillas starts the day , at 7am , with a 26 deg temp. I wonder if I can park the Punto today??
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8892 on: August 12, 2019, 05:42:54 PM »
Arillas Today sees a parked Punto , at 2pm , and the following greetings from Arillas Beach.

Not like Brighton or Weston-Super-Mare , but plenty of room here to swing a cat. - If you are the cat swinging type, that is.

and how about 'ole Bobby?? - Dog of Leszek and Angie, A very loyal mutt and a great part of Arillas. But , today , he does not want to socialize and even turned his nose up at my biscuits!!

Another "Loyal Mutt" is Billy. Remember him and Danielle looking after Marina Pool Bar , last Summer.
A few days off , after sailing tourists around , using his newly aquired "Boat Licence" or whatever they call it now.

Don't think he'll ever be a JACK SPARROW though. - "Jack the lad" gets my vote.

and finally , whilst I can still type in this end of day 35 deg that is being enjoyed by many...........
,,,,, is Adoni at Kostas on the Beach.

How can he be smiling when he starts his afternoon shift at 3pm with an approx 1am finishing time???
(Beats me!!! --- But then he quite often does that at darts!!)

Thats it guys. I will spend the evening watching the temperature drop , on our super duper monitor.
(Well , there is nothing on TV !!)

and finally.... poor 'ole Kevin n Bev. - Told they have , roughly , a 3 hour delay to thier arrival time. But don;t worry guys ... I am sure there will be more than enough heat to share tomorrow.
Cheers
Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8893 on: August 12, 2019, 07:41:52 PM »

Hi
Arrived in Arillas stepped of the plane it was like working in a furnace

Sorry Neil the plan was late The cleaners arrived late

Thanks your plums look good that’s between me and you see you tomorrow staying at Tria all day

Kev

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8894 on: August 12, 2019, 08:15:13 PM »
Kevin , the plums and lemons are from our trees so hope they are OK. Figs not ready yet and grapefruit not ready yet. The other fruit is from the local fruit shop. The wine should be a cracker. It is a dry white and very nice. - Catch y'all tomorrow , around 1:30. Hope you are enjoying the 32 deg at 8pm???
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com