Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101932 times)

Offline Cheryl2307

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8115 on: October 18, 2016, 08:38:39 PM »
Karl, I have bucked my ideas up haha ready to embrace the madness with a big smile on my face! Bride has calmed down her demands a bit so it should be fun xx
Cheryl O

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8116 on: October 18, 2016, 09:24:03 PM »
Good to hear Cheryl !
I am SURE you will have a fantastic day x x
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8117 on: October 24, 2016, 04:14:36 PM »
Gorr-Strooth , Truth , Cheryl has a fantastic day , every day in Arillas , DONCHYERKNOW??

And , what a better day than to spend it with family n in-laws??? - Or do you call them "Out-Laws" , Cheryl?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arillas Today gives us a fine 23 deg average temp and the sun is out!!!! - Even I sat in Sharon's with just a t-shirt on. (Plus trousers of course)
You wouldn't like me in shorts. You might not like me anyway, but the trousers may just give me the edge.
But , I digress , this made up for the 20mm of rain yesterday evening and the 40mm a few days ago.

The Arillas Bench is still in use. Today there is an English Bum on it, fishing away with young Sebastian from "Kostas Beach"
(I mean English Bum as in posterior , not tramp)
Anyway , tis Sharon's Father who is here with her family to give Sharon n Stammatis a super chill out and wind down time not only, at the end of the Season but also some very good moral support after the flooding of their house. - Why does life always kick the "gooduns" up the rear?

And...... do you know that my poor 'ole Punto still keeps meeting late guests in hire cars? - I put these down as "Seasoned Veterans" by the way they drive and pay attention to what is going on around them.
And....... do you know that, although Ammos finally closed it's doors today, Brouklis is plodding on?
And........ you must know, by now, that not only can I remove "Donkey's Hind Legs" by excessive talking but also typing my version of "War n Peace" ?

So - Wots open at this moment in time? - Sharons , if weather is good. - Beach Point , a good place to sit. Brouklis-say no more. Armourada is always there for a chill out time. Venturing away from Arillas , there are others. But, as my fingers are tired we will keep that for another day.

Summing Up.- More bodies here than this time last year and still being looked after. But, locals here have to concentrate on their Olives and various repairs to their properties. - They take it all in their stride and Arillas is still a good place to be about now. - But ..we must leave them, in peace by November
(Don't bite the hand that feeds yer)

Be Well Y'all
Negg

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #8118 on: October 24, 2016, 05:10:30 PM »
An excellent update on the doings in Arillas from Eggy as the resort edges steadily towards the season's end.
Failed to see him again when we were there in September but will be on the lookout for him again in September 2017.

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8119 on: October 24, 2016, 05:25:02 PM »
Thanks Eggy for the update. I love reading what is happening.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8120 on: October 27, 2016, 10:16:54 AM »
A modest 20 deg and dry here today so , no doubt, many strimmers will be working away later. - Possibly mine , as well.

For you guys who remember "Captain's Table" , opposite Marvel. Well there seems to be much "goings on" there at the moment and rumour has it that they may be opening for the Winter. - Only a rumour but this could be the prelude to opening for Summer 2017.

(Just when you have got all your eating places scheduled another pops along! - Maybe??)

Malibu George looks to be making further "mods" to his bar, so time will tell. Every year he improves on something. Maybe one Winter he will take t'easy.

Apart from that it is a lazy time, but just for a few of us.

Cheers
Negg

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8121 on: October 27, 2016, 01:30:56 PM »
Sorry Cheryl, I've only just now seen your reply to my post. I'm feeling very much more like my normal self, thank you x

It is always quiet at this time of year on the forum, what with half-term as well. I've just nicely arrived home from Whitby, it's a lovely, historic, little seafaring town ..... but we all know what it isn't ....... it isn't ARILLAS!   

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8122 on: October 27, 2016, 03:05:21 PM »
I used to like The Captains, always got complimentary fruit & shots at the end of your meal. Keep us posted Eggy, also keep an eye on The rainbow. Vicky told us in June they have applied for planning permission to build some more apartments.

What happened to Jimmy & Perrys at the back of the Rainbow??

Karen

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8123 on: October 27, 2016, 04:59:51 PM »
A modest 20 deg and dry here today so , no doubt, many strimmers will be working away later. - Possibly mine , as well.

Well guys! = WOTDOIKNOW??  - 12:45 ish and rain+thunder+;ightening. - 9mm of rain in around 4 hours.
(And... if someone can invent a waterproof strimmer plus a waterproof body to use it?............)

So.....strimming and outside work on the back seat. Drinking and a tad of painting or an ouzo whilst washing up or mopping is on the cards.
Wegg is back from the UK , tomorrow night, so all must be pristine. - Us men can do it - DONCHYERKNOW? -

Maybe Jimmy/Perrys if I am allowed to tell, and Captains Table, will follow soon.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8124 on: October 27, 2016, 10:18:13 PM »
Thats good news..... always had a soft spot for The Captains Table.....
I met a lady in there off the forum once who travelled alone but I can't for the life of me remember her name which is hopeless I know!
I don't think she comes on here anymore

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8125 on: October 27, 2016, 10:32:41 PM »
Karl

I think she was a money lender so it could have been the "Loan Arranger!!

Or.... it may have been a "Connie"  - Connie is probably the best choice of the two.

Negg

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #8126 on: October 27, 2016, 11:43:27 PM »
Hi
Suggest that might have been Connie Faurholt from Denmark, who went to live in Moraitika a couple of years ago - she was a regular on here.
Best wishes
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8127 on: October 28, 2016, 01:41:12 AM »
I am sure she was English but strangely enough I would have guessed her name did begin with a 'C' ?
That day we were in there I remember we were drinking with a Scottish gentleman who always stays in Alexanders (?) next to Rainbow. Don't think he was a forum member though.
As you can tell I am crap with names! Lol

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8128 on: October 28, 2016, 09:27:18 AM »
Carl

That would be Ian, from a small Town in Scotland. Can't remember the name though.
He likes to be known as Scottish Yianis and, has long breaks here, every year.
_________________________________________________________________________-

Arillas Today will celebrate "OCHI DAY" as will all Greece. Bells have already been rung and Corfu Town will be a busy 'ole place today.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8129 on: October 28, 2016, 02:54:17 PM »
Thats it , Ian !   Haven't seen him since that day ....

Booking.com