Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101746 times)

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8040 on: August 14, 2016, 01:14:42 PM »

Hi Karl

can you say hi to  phil  helen and yanni we see them in a  couple weeks

kevin beverly

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8041 on: August 14, 2016, 06:59:04 PM »
I will next time I go in.......
Arillas is Eggyless no longer...... The worlds a better place now! Lol
He found the Truth before The Truth found him.
Happy Days...
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8042 on: August 14, 2016, 09:51:59 PM »
Ah, life with a boiled Eggy............ One must keep faith with the soldiers, and keep a spoon handy.
Errr.... What bladdy ROT! Afternoons with our dear friend are real and very special. He rushes round the island trying to keep in touch with everyone, but many afternoons involve only a few. He is unique, and permanently in demand. He does his best to satisfy the demand but I for one forgive him for failing to meet them all.

And for those who assume I'm under the influence, I am on anaerobic antibiotics and have not touched alcohol for days. You see, I am who I am, booze or not...........

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8043 on: August 14, 2016, 11:34:43 PM »
you guys!! - You Karls and super family and you Phils n Jens and you other lil ole bugs that I meet up with.
Lest you forget that I luv a natter or two with y'all and time, that I have to spare, is chosen wisely. I am a happy bunny that I have chosen to spend this time with all my Arillas pals. - Bugger!! - I might cry now!!

Meanwhile , with a 22 deg outside temp and a day that we all say was meant for us, I sign off.

Luv meeting y'all when we all slot into place but no appointments necessary as I will always catch yer next time.

Watching the recent morning temps and being a tad of a gambler,I predict an 8 am start, to Arillas tomorrow, to begin at 23 deg, and then continue to rise.
Get those sunbeds afore 12 as by 2pm you will be after a refund cause tis tooo hottie for yer bottie. - WOTSALLTHATABOUT?

And , Phil "ANAEROBIC ANTIBOTICS" ?? -
WOTSDATDEN? - Does this mean you can do gymnastics and not feel any pain if you land "wide legged" on that "horse thingy" (or is that aerobatics?)
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8044 on: August 14, 2016, 11:56:04 PM »
Complete week with no alcohol (Mythos when in Arillas.) Yes - quite capable of it, but not my Arillas persona. That's for others to cry about. My admiration goes with Neill and Wendy who have fought and won the battle to make a life there. Kabbadades will never be the same without them. Here's hoping that circumstances keep our eggs boiling......

Phil

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8045 on: August 17, 2016, 12:49:12 PM »
Is our last real day....... although we are here pretty much all day tomorrow.
We will leave with flights and room all booked for next August though so its not quite so upsetting.
Another chance meeting with Negg in Rainbow yesterday was a bonus as was meeting Cheryl for the first time there too! Lovely lady, shame we didn't have longer to chat but there will be other days in other years
A day in the pool with the kids, a few beers with the Old Man late afternoon, a table booked at Efi's and a late night appointment in Bardis Sun....... does it get any better.... perhaps it does but I'm damn sure it will do for me folks......

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #8046 on: August 17, 2016, 04:59:10 PM »
Enjoy the last day Karl! 8)
Life is good ;)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8047 on: August 17, 2016, 05:23:26 PM »
Cheers Erja. Your turn soon......
In the Coconut as I write thinking "You know what, I could miss that flight home tomorrow" and watching a Finish guy throw the hammer at the Olympics funnily enough

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8048 on: August 17, 2016, 09:59:38 PM »

Safe journey home Karl and family. We always wish that there will be a complete shut down at Corfu airport because a giant hole has appeared in the runway just as we are about to leave Arillas and all flights are  cancelled for at least 24 hours. (Or maybe a week). Well something very similar anyway 😀

Maybe we will meet again in 2017.

Val and Bill x
The love affair continues.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8049 on: August 17, 2016, 10:17:03 PM »
Arillas today says "ta ta" Karl and super family and Kalo Taxidi to our Cheryl and then, Friday a "Bon Voyage" to Riggers .
WOTSGOINGON??-At least suitable replacements will be found in Timbo, Jersey John , Val n Bill and Scottish Yiannis and Erja n Heide to mention a few veterans.

They should all enjoy respectable temps of, between 30 - 26 deg daily. (23deg at 10:30pm) They will , in no doubt , enjoy their usual haunts and the only pressure they will have is keeping an eye out for a white Punto and then finding somewhere to hide!!
(But I get 'em in the end)

Cheers
Negg

Offline paulkidner

« Reply #8050 on: August 17, 2016, 11:25:31 PM »
First time poster on Forum. Arriving Tuesday morning for 2 weeks Mathraki third year in a row simply cannot wait to arrive and see Arillas again. Corfu beer awaits.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8051 on: August 18, 2016, 02:09:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum Paul and lucky lucky you with a blissful two weeks stretched ahead of you! Please post all about if when you get back x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8052 on: August 18, 2016, 05:07:15 PM »
Well , Paul , I can invite you to a approx. 29 deg at 5pm , Arillas Today time but two words of warning.

1. Don't drink tap water.
2. Don't step out in front of a white Punto , unless the next round is yours!

Tis a busy place here at the mo, as August is every year, But wind down time is on it's way.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8053 on: August 18, 2016, 05:24:07 PM »
Welcome Paul we arrive 26/27 overnight for our third visit this year to Mathraki Studios, can't remember how many times we have stayed with the wonderful Kassimis family at their blissfully quiet child free studios.

Hope to meet you both soon, we tend to spend the day mostly around the pool so just say hello if you want to.......you will recognize us from our photo, so avoiding will be easy too  😃😃   

Val n Bill

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8054 on: August 18, 2016, 07:28:08 PM »

Just like to say that my last post didn't mean we don't like children but we are escaping from child minding duties....We have four grandsons. Oh! the peace and quiet we enjoy at the Mathraki keeps us sane.

Val x

Booking.com