Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3102010 times)

Karen/Colin and 24 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #7785 on: September 15, 2015, 12:54:04 PM »
Welcome to Arillas , Terry n Helen, (I'm sure you have been here before?)

Hope you are both enjoying this dry and pleasant 25 deg "Arillas Today" and that Horizon , once again , is doing you proud.

Sad to see Momo n David leave yesterday after re-generating my interest in playing darts again.
(In between Ouzos/Pool/late breakfasts/beach/Nightlife etc- them , not me!)
Don't suppose you bought a set over , Terry??

Cheers
Negg

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7786 on: September 17, 2015, 11:07:17 AM »
No "set" of false teeth yet Neil.  This weather is amazing, better that last week of June - first week of  July. Must dart of now to Akrotiri.😀

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7787 on: September 17, 2015, 12:49:25 PM »
I can see the "point" in Terry darting off to Akrotiri. And he does mean it , he's not talking Bull.
(bet he has a double or two and I am told they do a nice aperitif - (Or is it "A pair o Teeth??)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The man's not wrong about the weather , Guys. 25/26 deg and dry and just right, as long as yer not digging the garden. (9o mins was enough for me!)
I do notice a tad of winding down here now , but only judged by the few parking spaces that have magically appeared. September and October are good months to be here, in my opinion, as locals get more time to chat with you. Good weather is that extra bonus.

Cheers
Negg

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7788 on: September 17, 2015, 06:10:08 PM »
"Or is it "A pair o Teeth?? "  Now that was classic Eggy of old. Brilliant reply.

Another warm day and one could say it was the perfect day to be in Arillas.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7789 on: September 19, 2015, 06:03:05 PM »
Terry , I bet that you and Helen have taken a lovely "bite" from that "Arillas Today" 33 deg plus super offering.
(And of course left plenty for others!!)

Talk is now , though, of a bit o rain for tomorrow.
(Probably around lunchtime as Wegg and I have planned a midday visit - sods law??)

So..... mid September and you Ariliacs are still arriving!! My diary shows a very soon arrival of Cheryl, Riggers , Mavis n Robin , Val n Bill  and Scottish Yiannis which helps me through early October. (Who knows Scottich Yiannis?? - He can't keep away!!)  Anyway , plenty of you guys here to keep me going until then.
I am sure Viv n Pete are around or did I imagine that?? A Galaktobourio "post" springs to mind- Is Viv around ,drinking shorts , I wonder!!
And......big shame that Phil n Jen won't be back this year but hoping that will be an early Easter 2016 pressie for me.
Nuff said - fingers tired - Enjoy y'all
Cheers
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #7790 on: September 19, 2015, 08:20:03 PM »
Hi Eggy, Not tell a week today. Your thinking of the post where I said I was going to have a go at Rick Stiens recipe for the out of this qalaxy pudding. Well I didn't get round to it, as we came down to the caravan instead but from here Monday just in time to start packing to come home on 26th. See you around during our fortnight I hope.xxx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7791 on: September 26, 2015, 07:14:46 PM »
So , it's all happening on Arillas Today and I am fast becoming a scrambled egg trying to get my head round it.

Viv n Pete now here , so a quick message to you guys that on Saturday 3rd October , at Eftihia , 1:30-2pm in the afternoon, is a meet up with Val n Bill n Riggers n Cheryl.  (Must remember to get a kilo of butter for Cheryl - Riggs has a case of beer waiting for him.  Viv has Pete so needs nothing extra)

Scottish Yiannis here today and has bought over a HAGGIS for me n Wegg. - Wegg is in charge of the cooking-Do you wrap it in a sporran and roast it??
Never had Haggis but I am sure it will go down a treat

We've had 47mm of rain in the last 24 hrs but it seems to be nice n dry now and for a few days more , we all hope.

Arillas plods on merrily today and will plod on merrily for a many more days , me-thinks. Chill , Chill ,Chill!! and possibly vests are being traded for short sleeve t-shirts and shorts are getting a tad longer. An occasional brolly has been seen in the mushroom position and Punto is leaking via rust holes around window.
I luv September!! - I will also luv October as will many here.

The case of the "Mermaid Murder" is still on going and if it was "vandalism" then I sincerely hope that the culprits will soon club together and buy a brain which they can share on a shift basis.

A darts thingy will happen at Rainbow , on Thursday evening, so hope that a few Arillas faces will appear. Tis a fun night, this one, and no entry fee. Any serious players will be disqualified. Maybe a chance to put some for faces to names, No need to play.

Regards Arillas , this evening? - Wegg n I will settle down to a nice home cooked meal, curl up and watch TV. - Power cuts permitting.

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7792 on: September 26, 2015, 11:51:01 PM »
Thanks for the update Eggy. Almost felt I was there. Wish I had been...

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7793 on: September 27, 2015, 06:49:46 PM »
Wish you were in Arillas Today , to Phil.

Shaky start but a super afternoon, made better by the company of Riggers, Cheryl , and of course Scottish Yiannis cheering his Team on to victory against USA.

Dimitris (Jimmy) , Rainbow also glad Scotland won as, after a shaky Scottish start, he decided to nail down all the bar stools... Just in case!!!

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7794 on: September 27, 2015, 07:13:38 PM »
XaXaXaXa!!!!! The images you created just made me howl with laughter Neill. Can just see Jimmy running round with his power tools securing the gorgeous Rainbow Bar. OMG do I wish I were there....

Phil

Offline Franpol

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #7795 on: September 28, 2015, 10:55:00 AM »
Hi Everyone, Just wanted to know Any Information Regarding the Beer festival, I Know The Main Event Has been
Cancelled, but Was wondering if The Planned Mini One Is Taking place, My wife and I will be in Arrilas Next Monday
For 2 Weeks Staying at the Rainbow Complex, Really Looking forward to It.

Franpol.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7796 on: September 29, 2015, 06:01:51 PM »
Franpol - My two super spies , Riggers and Cheryl are on the case and will be picking the brain of Brouklis, very soon.

Meanwhile .... Arillas today gives me and Riggers a "Full Load" to deal with the afternoon that we both faced. We add Cheryl to the equation and a terrible trio is formed to keep all on their toes. (Three Musketeers eat yer heart out - You aint seen nothing yet!!)

Spoilt with 25 deg and Rainbow also welcoming Paul n Denise and Eric n Sue and ..... never know the name but the face is always recognised.

Message to TRUTH from Cheryl - She is enjoying Rainbow but also enjoyed Sidari this afternoon. Spoilt for choice , she says, Sidari is also a nice place to be.
(Anyone staying in Sidari will enjoy)
But Arillas is Arillas and, for me, is like comparing matching socks to long johns. What do you prefer , peeps.???

Reckon Phil wears both , but not on the naturist beach , only for fun!!

Mavis and Robin "loiter" somewhere but will not escape us and Viv n Pete will be found. So much to do and so little time before "Winter" sets in.

Cheers Guys
And... good to see the post from TERRYW on "Good news for Arillas" - The effort put in by all locals is being repaid and long should it continue.

Be well and be here as soon as...
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #7797 on: September 29, 2015, 06:15:35 PM »
Tell Cheryl its good to hear she is enjoying mate  :-)  .  Was it ever going to be anything else other than enjoyable though ?
NAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline emeralddragons

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7798 on: September 30, 2015, 01:04:40 PM »
Just back from a relaxing holiday in Arillas - our ninth. Always a new experience, though.
   We had all kinds of weather during those two weeks: extremely hot, a spectacular thunderstorm not to be missed, some refreshing rain, and lots of pleasantly sunny but not too hot days. The sea has never been warmer.
   Such a small village, but what a choice of all things good!
   We have never seen so many guests in September. Good for Arillas!
   On a sillier note, a little limerick:
      There was this couple in Arillas,
      who said "Oh, how this village does thrill us!"
      All we have to do,
      is to eat, drink and coo
      And let the good spirit(s) fill us

As that famous Finnish saying goes - life is goog!
Emeralddragons

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7799 on: September 30, 2015, 02:27:18 PM »
I have heard quite a few of Emerald Dragon's limericks over the last two weeks.

I need to come up with one that mentions Sambuca and Snapperrrrrrr, :-)

Booking.com