Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101386 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #7650 on: July 06, 2015, 05:47:24 PM »
Arillas Today?? - 32 deg on the "maybe" meter. I call it a "Maybe" meter as it couldn't decide whether "Yes" or "No".
(Maybe 31.9 or maybe 32.4 - A vote may be necessary to decide! - Will it be the right vote?? - Should I buy Roubles?)

A super Arillas welcome today for Cypress (Karen) who will be anointing Brouklis for a month and "Riggers" with Sue plus grandchild and friend at Kaloudis.
(Riggers , I have just had a call from and has a biiiiiiiig delay - I will go to Kaloudis and tell them, this evening)
Riggers no doubt will be looking well but will have to go a long way to take the "Looking Well" No. 1 spot from Karen,
(Sue , no doubt has a much better chance!!)

I hope to catch up with you guys over the next 2/3 days. (Unless you want to support our local Summer Darts at Armourada tomorrow, Tuesday)

Work commitments, BUGGER, mean that my relaxing times are stretched but I do try my very best to find time for all my Arilliac pals who come over.
Tis not a chore as I look forward to these times and am "miffed" if I miss people!
The 'ole memory not good though but faces I remember. Three new faces in Rainbow this afternoon. Three good guys who have been here before.
Plus 3 couples who I see every year. - Only put faces to  Steve and Carole. All regulars though!
 (A feather in the cap of Arillas that it must be doing some thing right)

Sonia P here soon , me-thinks? plus our Phil n Jen making a discreet entrance, as they do. The "Arillas Today" baton will soon be passed to them,
(And they do it so well , even I look forward to reading a post or 6)

Shame I missed Terry , as Horizon is on my list of "Things to Do" - Would have loved to share some computer problems with you Terry W.
(But... arm wrestling or darts then you have a game on your hands! - Hope your return to the UK was all on time- Maybe on your return?)

Apologies for my "Mad Fingers" here but this afternoon , for me , was a cracker.
Enjoying a beer at Armourada with fresh cherries and melon thrown in , and then a sit down chat time at Rainbow.
Always good to remember why we chose to live here-- Afternoons like this are very precious to me.

WISHING RIGGERS AND SUE PLUS MINI SPROGS A GOOD TRIP OVER. SHAME ABOUT THE LONG DELAY BUT EASILY FORGOTTEN WHEN YOU ARE HERE!

Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #7651 on: July 06, 2015, 06:43:01 PM »
Thanks for the update Neill
Hope you been looking for UZO offers will be in town a week on Thursday

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7652 on: July 06, 2015, 11:21:12 PM »
The 'ole Ouzo ploy, eh? - Forgot that but maybe on the case soon!! (That's if you want a case , that is!)

First though we need Sky TV and UK channels  to show long queues outside all LIDLS in Athens. Plus queues at petrol stations as you need petrol to get to Lidls, in Corfu Town. And...... will Lidls have anything left on their shelves??

I tries 50e from a cash point end of last week and it would only offer me e60. (max paid in 20's) Only wanted e50 so said "sod you then"  return card.

North Corfu is still a laid back place and all here are enjoying, what many, enjoy every year.

Arillas has it's Arilliacs plus Ag. Stephanos and Sidari and Ag. Yiorgos with it's many customers!
The Greek "filoxenia" (hospitality) will ensure no one wants for anything.

Poor John the Ref !!! - He only mentioned Ouzo and he get's all this spiel!! - Good job he didn't mention Metaxa or Whisky. This reply would be "Book Size"

Cheers
Negg

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7653 on: July 07, 2015, 04:24:18 PM »
Hi neil good to see you at the rainbow over the last two weeks i popped in a few times during the day hoping to catch you for a longer chat [Maybe next time]

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7654 on: July 07, 2015, 06:07:27 PM »
Sorry missed you after the first meet. - Next time would be good.

Cheers
Negg

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7655 on: July 08, 2015, 01:32:33 PM »
Yes Eggy already here. Arrived on the 3rd. Hopefully will bump into u. Looking for a bloke who looks like a skeleton right?
Arillas today is very hot with no breeze and a very calm sea _like a millpond. Had spit roast lamb at Brouklis on Sunday. Also popped in for a dessert on Tuesday. Had orange cake with comquat with ice cream . absolutely delicious. Was great to see Dimitri's and bambini. Will do a fuller report when I get home.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7656 on: July 10, 2015, 05:25:07 PM »
Sonia P , You 'lil tinker , you, spending yer time looking for a bag 'o bones!!!

I am in Rainbow tomorrow PM, and hovering around Arillas on Saturday in a dirty Punto! (Not dirty raincoat!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arillas Today brings us 32 deg at 5pm which was 33 deg at 5pm yesterday. (26 deg , last night at 11pm??? - WOTSTHATALLABOUT?)
Berluddy hot, whichever way you look at it. - But not as hot as the conversations going on in this "GREXIT THINGY")

Saw no petrol queues at stations, today , and saw no queues for at cashpoints. Maybe independence for Corfu should be an option?. (siga siga or wot?)
(Stuck behind a petrol tanker on the way home so petrol deliveries must still be happening. - Good news for my Punto , at least!)

I notice that a juice bar has newly opened at VINCEREMOS, serving customers around the pool. I am told that it is becoming very popular. Believe it or not , I am quite partial to a healthy drink. Wonder if any one here as tried it. Feedback for any new business would be good.

I have been asked a couple questions on how easy it is for visitors to change e100 notes. I do not see a problem but will ask around. Maybe the "BOSS" can put any minds to rest. -  Money is Money and Euros are Euros.

So , all in all, another good day and all here enjoying. - Phil n Jen here avrio so an early newsflash for Sunday.
"STOCKS OF MYTHOS TAKE A CRASHDIVE IN NORTH CORFU - GLASTONBURY MAN ALLEDGED TO BE REMOVING FULL PINTS FROM DINER'S TABLES

Negg

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #7657 on: July 10, 2015, 06:09:30 PM »
Thanks for your report  dear eggy, 
no problems changing  100 euro notes in my end I actually have a lot of  cash right now, so no problem changing a few 100ths...
I attach  a picture of our last week's tips.

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline graham

« Reply #7658 on: July 10, 2015, 06:28:06 PM »
Thanks for your report  dear eggy, 
no problems changing  100 euro notes in my end I actually have a lot of  cash right now, so no problem changing a few 100ths...
I attach  a picture of our last week's tips.

There's a Mr Tsipras on the phone for you Dimitris, he's asking if you could lend him next weeks tips????
A woman has the last word in any argument, anything a man says after that is the start of a new argument!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7659 on: July 10, 2015, 06:33:01 PM »
" 'Ang on a minute , Boss ---- You been drawing money from my account????  "

Arillas tomorrow will see Phil n Jen........ and I know Phil will be reading this,,,,,,,,,, (Have to do something different if a Mythos shortage)
,,,,,,,,, So , for Arillas Tomorrow, which starts as Arillas Today the message for the "Hippie Duo" is .....

SEE YOU AT BARDIS AROUND 1;15.
(Riggs is planned for 2:30 at Rainbow)

Cheers
Negg - From a now 33 deg outside temp at 6:30 pm. - My trainers have melted and now have to be scraped from my feet (Wanna job , anyone?)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7660 on: July 11, 2015, 06:25:30 PM »
The "Arillas Today" magnet continues to pull back, into the fold, the likes of Phil n Jen plus Sonia P and family, all of whom I met at Bardis Studios this PM.
(Do they need a magnet to get them back?? - Nah!! - Tis a natural thing - A way of life)
Forgot how nice, and laid back, Bardis was and equally enjoyed a chat or three with Poppy and Bobby. I felt very at ease and "home" there.

We took a little jaunt to Rainbow where these guys had a super welcome from Dimitris (Jimmy) and then we all nattered a tad more.
(They were last seen being dropped off at Coconut and , I am sure, after their jet lag , many posts will be on the cards.)
----- Look out guys - Marvel , Nickoletos, Three W's , Anna's ,and Armourada are being planned for you!!! (Can we fit in a Night Owl???)

A breeze is on it's way and the temp of 30 deg, at 6pm, could be misleading. You may feel cool but remember that you can still burn.
(A hot sun takes no prisoners!!)

A nice afternoon, that I am confident, all here will look back on and say "PERDYDAMGOOD".

Cheers
Negg

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #7661 on: July 11, 2015, 09:10:17 PM »
LOL! Beware Neil the terrible Finn's will get there to confuse and unravel you even more at 17th August 8)

Life is good ;)

Offline dylan

« Reply #7662 on: July 11, 2015, 11:28:33 PM »
only bad Finns are on sharks!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7663 on: July 12, 2015, 12:02:53 PM »
Arillas today is bathed in warm sun,  not a wisp of cloud and a life-giving breeze. At midday the temperature is about 80, just perfect.

The news from here is that everything is going well. Prices as last year (and before) but with 1.40 exchange rate everything feels cheap. Tons of food, lakes of wine and booze available everywhere. Nobody has any problems though everyone keeps talking about it!

Hope to post some pics when I get a chance to take them!!

Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7664 on: July 12, 2015, 12:14:50 PM »

Thanks for the update Phil, looking forward to many more. We arrive evening on the 24th so will see both soon. Meanwhile also looking forward to some photos.

Love to you both, Val n Bill
The love affair continues.

Booking.com