Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

Eggy

Arillas today peeps and although a wet one good news for bench sitters.

The bench has been removed to prepare it for all your summer botties!!

Will get a few pics soon.

Cheers
Negg

BlueHeather

REMOVED . yikes!!!!    Hi Neil xx
Women are like angels....   And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly......usually on a broomstick.
We're flexible like that   ;-)

Val n Bill

Gosh they have taken it in early this year, there were people sitting on it yesterday.

Wonder will we get some good pics of the rejuvenation again, last years were so funny ;)
No sleeping on the job this time Boss. Ha ha.

Val x
The love affair continues.

patrickjohn

Great news Eggy - just love that bench and will be great to be sitting on it again September 2013.
Thanks for the updates - just as wet here in Lincolnshire - but I bet Arillas is at least 10 degrees warmer.
Best wishes
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

JohnTheRef&Dot

Good news on the bench front.
Nice to know that the investment is being looked after.
The Jetty without the bench is like corfu without Arillas.
Summer will roll around and normal service will be resumed.

As for the rain, not stopped here for three days
hose pipe ban,........ yourhavingalaughmate.

kevin.g

Eggy

Last nights "Storms" were a reminder, yet again, that nature can treat us as her playthings whenever she wants!

Arillas took a battering and this is what i saw outside Ina's this afternoon.

Twas a breezy afternoon and , with a little squinting, you can just make out the jetty.

The weather , overnight, was enough to bring down the electricity and lift my poly shed off it's base! (Will take 3 men to re-site it.
And now electrics back but the internet is so slow. Hopefully I'll load some more pics tomorrow, when I have cooled down. Bloody machines!

Cheers
Negg

patrickjohn

Thanks for the report Negg.  Hope you get everything back to normal as soon as possible.  Great photographs - looking forward to seeing some more.
Best wishes
PJ

Eggy

Ah Patrick

The wonders of the modern world.

Now, Two questions for you.
1. Is this really what was left over from someone's main course in Arillas?
2. And........ which Taverna/Restaurant served it up?

Cheers
Negg

patrickjohn

That's some bone - there can't be a plate in Arillas big enough to serve it up on can there?
I can only suppose it might be a very traditional Corfiot thing to do and if so that would be the Brooklis - the most traditional tavernal of all!
Regards
Pat

TerryW

You can see why the weather in Arillas was so bad on this video

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/20542890

emeralddragons

It seems the weather is bad all over Europe. Here in southern Finland we are having an enormous snow storm, which has been going on since Thursday. It has even been given a name, "Antti", American style. Wind speed up to 30 metres per second. Lots and lots of snow. Freezing temperatures, and it will be even colder on Saturday. Winter does not usually start this early in southern Finland, nor quite in this dramatic way. Let's hope for less troubled times soon.
Emeralddragons

vivian

Remember Ina's getting flooded several times. If she was in England she would have closed down, but instead all the family will just clear it away and say " you have to expect this to happen having the wonderful position has to be paid for some way. As soon as weather is good enough they will have it cleared. Lovely family. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Eggy

3 little ones who are not bothered by the weather and the power cuts.

A little rain today. slight breeze but not a bad Arillas today.
(For those above, especially)

Cheers
Negg

PaulnMaria

Booking.com