Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101396 times)

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #5760 on: July 18, 2012, 12:33:25 PM »
and me, can't beleive i wont be there again until next june, i feel a lottery win coming on ha ha!! in the mean time, keep them posts coming phil, theym gert lush meluvver!!!!!
ger xx

Nan

« Reply #5761 on: July 18, 2012, 02:25:05 PM »
LOL ...How he do happer on Ger!

XX

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5762 on: July 18, 2012, 03:10:49 PM »
Arillas Today has lost the wind and found the heat. It is doing well thank you.

The Arillas effect has finally overtaken us, and when discussing where to go today we agreed without a delay, Nowhere. There is not a cloud in the sky, and a whole range of lovely folk are enjoying themselves in the pool bar here at Bardis. (We sat outside so as not to spoil it....)

The exchange rate is climbing, the sea is like getting into a bath, and the fish are busy being caught for us to eat tonight at Mirage.

Sorry folks, if you want to see PhilandJen, we are going nowhere today.

Phil

Offline ruby

« Reply #5763 on: July 18, 2012, 03:18:48 PM »
Phil and Jen pleased to here life is good in arillas and enjoy doing nothing carnt wait til we are there Friday. Have you noticed if the scops owl is sat on the top of bardis this year. Last year he was sat near the bar on the top of appartments. My little girl was wondering if he would be there this summer, cheers Ruby.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5764 on: July 18, 2012, 03:24:33 PM »
He is here, and waiting for your return..... But tends to hide, like most do when PhilandJen are in town!!

See you about I expect. Here's wishing you a safe and undelayed journey.

Yammas
Phil

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5765 on: July 18, 2012, 03:58:23 PM »
Not sure if this is the little chap but he is here quite often, until you get the camera out. Not very good picture but better than nothing hopefully.

Nan

« Reply #5766 on: July 18, 2012, 04:04:42 PM »
I love the photo of the owl - absolutely wonderful.

Just looking at the predictions for the next few days and it looks pretty darned hot to me Phil. You are very wise to take it easy otherwise you become exhausted and that's no fun. Looks to be in the high 30's all week. Do you think there might be some electrical activity?.......rumble rumble.

Carry on updating us with all the news. I would love to be in the sea but would probably be having a little nap now before getting ready to join you and Jen at Mirage for a fish supper. Ahhhh dream on Nan dream on ...

Cheers my dears x Nan

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5767 on: July 18, 2012, 05:08:35 PM »
Thanks Dai - he's the little bugger we been onabart.... Wi a great big stick.... Shut up Phil. Time to cool it......

Nan meluvver, medearest, thanks for  making me sure I haven't taken leave of what passes for sense. I keep crying and do my best to pass it off as hayfever. Nobody believes me, so I'll just cry. I am truly the happiest man on the planet.

Phil

Offline ruby

« Reply #5768 on: July 18, 2012, 05:28:56 PM »
Thanks phil and jen and dai, thats the little chap she will be back from school soon and iwill show here the pic and tell her the news. Will keep an eye out for you, counting down the days 2 more sleeps yipeeeeeeeee.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5769 on: July 19, 2012, 06:08:40 PM »
Arillas Today ,and only a tad quieter than yesterday.
( Couldn't find a parking spot fer Punto yesterday - WOTSTHATALLABOUT? )

Mild breeze but spoilt, again, with high 30's.

Ref John looking well and relaxed as is Cheryl but a tad sad Riggers has now realised he is back to the UK , tomorrow evening.
BIG SIGH FOR JOHN AND SUE , EVERYONE. - (Lost yet another dart partner!)

Sue "Sim" and Roger her husband, are here and well. There is a "Roger" joke there I may tell you sometime. Anyway,both here, plus son and soon to be wife, all at Rainbow safely and enjoying. DONCHYERKNOW?
Sue is looking well and , I am definite,she will not let occassional use of a wheelchair and "hobbling" stick put dampers on, not only her holiday but on her future. - Good on yer lass!

Next week see's another change of pals but always sad to say bye to those who haven't been here long enough!

Phil n Jen, however, continue to spend most of the day breaking up rocks, on the beach. Their community service penance for letting his liver out at night and not on a lead. (C'mon Phil - It's biting the legs of the newbies!!)

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5770 on: July 19, 2012, 06:42:33 PM »
Our Arillas Today is ignoring the comments of all and sundry (I said she had other words for him.....)

It is way over 30, still with barely a breeze, and I am getting bored with how blasted BLUE the sky is. But it was over 40 yesterday and today, nobody is complaining. The exchange rate is going UP, the Mythos is going DOWN, and Arillas today is PERFECT. Oops, I've been banned from using that word, for risk of boring people. Moi?

Phil

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #5771 on: July 19, 2012, 07:01:26 PM »
All I can say is.....PERFECT, PERFECT, PERFECT....keep up the good work...we love sharing your holiday :-) xxx

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #5772 on: July 19, 2012, 08:34:09 PM »
Missing you this time Eileen   xxxx

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #5773 on: July 19, 2012, 08:45:59 PM »
Ahhh, thanks John and Dot.  This will be the first time in a few years that we haven't been there at the same time.  It's going to be strange without all the familiar July faces around.
Maybe Oct? xxxxx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5774 on: July 20, 2012, 02:44:02 AM »
Arillas Tonight has lost the plot. I think the bomb exploded under Armourada, and there are very many faceless smiles littering the streets. Actually, very many people dancing in the streets outside that gorgeous taverna, to the Blue Danube Waltz with about 300 decibels.

We were sat outside Brouklis when it all kicked off. Had just finished a stunning night at the Bow. Why do I always feel as though I have truly arrived here when Jimmy comes up and hugs me with "Hello Dahlings??" But he has disposed of the chairs we have sat in for the last five years and I have written my formal complaint.

We went out there to do the quiz, but that is about the only thing we didn't do tonight because it wasn't on. Arillas tonight saw Phil and Jen, and many others in the Nut, going nuts. Many politically correct Black Russians were consumed, including one forced on us by our dear friend riggers (Yammas mate it was P######. Ask Eileen to spell that one out.) Our Cheryl was there, and I had many, many big hugs from people I probably shouldn't.

Arillas was brilliant tonight. And at 2.30 am I am listening to the sea. Frankly, life doesn't get any better than how I feel now. It is P######

Phil

Booking.com