Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3023107 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9915 on: October 01, 2021, 06:39:57 PM »
Karl - I will do my best to keep you updated.

Lin n Jim
I kept going back to Kostas but you never left me any more food!!!!
As a punishment you miss the 28 deg and a very laid back quiet beach.
(Notta mini speedo in sight)

Anyway..................
...... I was spoilt for choice , this afternoon, where to place my dear 'ole Punto so I stuck it next to a newish vehicle in the hope it might catch all the rust from mine!! - (Serves it right for being a smug new motor)

A good afternoon and if any more laid back I will not keep my eyes open. ( Just like driving really!!!)

Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9916 on: October 01, 2021, 09:44:00 PM »
Hi Karl
We always stay at the marvel hotel. Lovely hotel and family.Booked again with kosta's again for next August for 4 weeks

I knew i'd spoken to someone who'd stayed there..... a years a long time and I have a crap memory 😂😂
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9917 on: October 16, 2021, 07:18:14 PM »
Arillas Today??? - I am bloody cold but not as wet as I have been for the last 8 days!!!
Rainbow closed today plus Tria a few days ago. Tavernas are ceasing to function and Winter closes in.
Heating oil priced at e1.10 a litre. - Bummer!!!
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9918 on: October 16, 2021, 09:54:00 PM »
BUT you're Living The Dream mate........
Grab an Ouzo and smile 🙂

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9919 on: October 17, 2021, 08:01:54 PM »
It's the end of another season, another year we have missed coming to Arillas. Back in 2019 we made a booking with Leonidas Kaloudis to stay at the Arillas Inn apartments in 2020, this booking had to be moved to 2021, then again to 2022.   He has been a star, understanding the need to rebook. We have received confirmation of our booking for next year.
We are now starting our countdown again (3rd time lucky) for next year.
Karen

Offline billyd

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #9920 on: October 18, 2021, 05:50:34 PM »
The same for my bookings! Moved from 2020 to 2021, then again to 2022. Staying at the Mirage, Nikos has also been very understanding, we also hope for 3rd time lucky......

Offline billyd

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #9921 on: October 20, 2021, 06:08:57 PM »
Thank goodness the sun is back on the beach, must have been quite miserable for a week, but the last couple of days have been 22 degrees and I would take that anytime!

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9922 on: October 20, 2021, 06:22:05 PM »
Hoping for a bit warmer on Friday ……. I'm in Rhodes then

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #9923 on: October 22, 2021, 03:41:45 PM »
Hoping for a bit warmer on Friday ……. I'm in Rhodes then

Have fun Karl! 😎🍻
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9924 on: October 22, 2021, 06:34:42 PM »
Despite concerns/rumours Negg is alive and well.
I have not been arrested for driving an obscene Punto or selling bootleg Ouzo from the roadside.
(But they did try to send me home for being too ugly and not a good advert for Arillas)

However, much of my time has been spent holding an umbrella against heavy rain and tying myself to the railings when those strong winds attack. (Not me the weather - bloody peppers!)
I cannot tell you have much rain we have endured as the rain guage continually overflowed.
South Corfu had it much worse as did the mainland.

Karl... I wish you well in Rhodes but nasty weather is forecast from Saturday onwards.

So... 21 deg outside at 18:30 and maybe the heating will be on tonight.
I treat myself to some hand picked walnuts tonight but they have been in the fridge.
(Not sure how I will cope with cold nuts!!!)
Arillas is looking good but generally closing down. - "Beach Kostas" doing me proud.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9925 on: October 24, 2021, 08:00:50 AM »
Cheers Erja 🙂
Well we've been here 2 days and not seen a cloud ..... lets see what the next days bring 😎🍻

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9926 on: October 24, 2021, 10:07:04 AM »
We will happily take the bad weather here to keep those nasty clouds away from you.
and.... let me know if you want to borrow a few degrees more.
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9927 on: October 24, 2021, 06:34:33 PM »
Cheers mate..... another hot one today and  not a cloud in sight....... 😎
It ain't Arillas though doncherknow  😉

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9928 on: November 07, 2021, 04:38:05 PM »
Karl
The last few days we are being spoilt with afternoon temps of 26/27 deg and dry and sunny. Arillas is a very quiet place to be , right now , as much is closed.
Beach Point not open at the moment and do not know their future plans. Armourada tells me they will not re-open yet... but there is always an option for a lunchtime beer.
(Sneak in, help yourself and leave money on table)

"Beach Kostas" only open from Wednesday to Sunday so Sidari trips planned for Mons/Tues.
Of course the Louvros coffe shop is always there but no Akrotiri as ...... I am told many of it's young Greek customers do not have a "jab". Very hard for owner Nickos to ask for papers from good pals.
Talking of which... I am sure you have read the snippet that Geoff posted.
https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2021/11/06/greece-new-restrictions-covid-measures-requirements-full-list/

Many "non Jabbed" will feel the impact of this and the Police are in full force to enforce the rules.
Last week, In Baze Bar, Sidari, we had a visit and papers had to be shown.
Very polite Police and gave me the chance to show my super new resident permit.
( I showed it and said "Byee Boris" which gave them both a smile.
However , interesting is the news report that only 50% of the police have been vaccinated. - Hmmmm!

So, today at "Beach Kostas" there were at least a dozen people outside having a bevvy. I call them the "non vac crowd" but respect their opinion. A mixture of Brits/Greeks plus a German, I think. However they all live here and rules are rules so they suffer and have drinks delivered out to them. Equally we have others still waiting for a jab and have to pay every 48 hours for a negative test. They can sit inside.
(If it is left very late to organise a prick or two then it can be an expensive time.)

and moi?? - Not entirely convinced about these vacs but I am off, tomorrow morning, for a booster jabbie.
Very easily organised with the Arillas Chemist and Agros Health Centre awaits for me.
(Probably pranged in the right arm as I can use it as a good excuse why my afternoon darts are terrible)

Sorry guys , .. I did not mean to write a book here but these fingers have a mind of their own.

Time to feed the cats and Wegg still in the UK.  So, a curry is calling out to me.
(We have an upmarket cooker and I have to show my vaccination report or it will not switch on)

Electronic Robots waiting for your next move... Donja just luvem?
Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9929 on: November 07, 2021, 11:57:45 PM »
Cheers mate !
A good insight into life there now 😉
Things will get better , they have to dont't they...... surely.......
Keep smiling 🙂

Booking.com