Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3098373 times)

Weeze81 and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9765 on: July 22, 2021, 08:24:32 AM »
No we weren’t tested. We were literally first into airport terminal from the shuttle bus. The guy just looked at our passports nothing else then when you went through to the luggage carrousel there was a man who just said vaccinated? So we went to get the documents out and he just unclipped the  barrier rope and let us through didn’t ask to see anything! Maybe it was Micks industrial face mask that made him realise that we took Covid seriously lol.

They definitely were testing quite a lot though but it was random rather than selecting the lead passenger off the PLF form.

Offline Greenbeans

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #9766 on: July 22, 2021, 11:11:59 AM »
Hi Jo

Just a quick question, did you need to be tested etc prior to departure. And if so what proof was required at the airport. We are hoping to get out this September after having out first flight this year cancelled and have heard so many conflicting accounts of what is required to get on a plane. Hope you can help and enjoy your holiday (so jealous). :)

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9767 on: July 23, 2021, 12:15:49 PM »
If you are double vaccinated you don’t need any tests when travelling to Corfu. We did lots of lateral flow tests in the week leading up to our hols just to be sure we would be ok if we did get tested at Corfu airport

Offline Greenbeans

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #9768 on: July 23, 2021, 01:15:14 PM »
Brill, Many thanks.

Offline Graham and Kay

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Wolves are Premier League
« Reply #9769 on: July 23, 2021, 02:09:47 PM »
Moving onto pre departure tests prior to returning to the UK; what is the current situation regarding those please anyone.

We are not out there for a few weeks but it would be helpful to understand what is required to be done. Thanks
Wolves are Premier League

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9770 on: July 23, 2021, 02:46:48 PM »
Hi

You need a negative test at Corfu otherwise you will not be allowed on the home flight.

You must take the test in the 3 days before the service on which you will arrive in England departs.

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you can take the test on or after Tuesday and will need to have the negative result available before boarding on Friday.

You have to order/book a Day 2 PCR test for use on the second day you return home to UK
On your return PLF you must enter the order ref number of the PCR test  on it. Otherwise again no boarding.

This of course may change, but check on the UK Government website for Entry Requirements into the UK from Greece

Keep safe

Geoff

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Graham and Kay

« Reply #9771 on: July 23, 2021, 03:16:14 PM »
Thanks TF; that's helpful.  Maybe over the next few weeks people over in Arillas on holiday will share their experience on where they arranged their pre departure tests.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9772 on: July 23, 2021, 03:36:28 PM »
Thanks TF; that's helpful.  Maybe over the next few weeks people over in Arillas on holiday will share their experience on where they arranged their pre departure tests.

Hi
The local doctor seems to do them at a reasonable price.

Keep checking the U.K. to Greek and Greek to U.K. rules online or press reports for changes. With Corfu risk level raised to 2 earlier this week and yesterday some areas in Corfu raised to level 3 and U.K. infection rates not looking good, who knows if either country will change the rules
Keep safe
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9773 on: July 23, 2021, 03:58:15 PM »

I returned yesterday and bought a rapid test from Medicspot to take with me which I did myself in my room, uploaded the results and received the certificate within minutes. Some companies watch you do the test via video call before sending the certificate. Having said that probably the easiest, most reasonable  and best option would be Dr Giannis in Arillas who charges 25 euros. This morning I had my day 2 test at the Randox drive thru centre at East Midlands airport after staying the night at an airport hotel.

Online kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9774 on: July 23, 2021, 04:39:57 PM »

Hi Graham & Kay

When do you arrive in Arillas we arrive the 30/7 for two weeks
If You are staying at the Tria Yanni is sorting it out for the clients
Dr Yannis opposite the Brouklis is doing the testing with certificate €25-30 so I have been told
I think Dimitris put a post on a few weeks back

Hope to meet up again

Kev

Offline Graham and Kay

« Reply #9775 on: July 23, 2021, 05:55:24 PM »
Hi Kev,

Thanks for that info; really helpful. Good old Yanni, where would we be without him?

We travel out on 25th Sept until 3rd Oct and stay once again at the Tria.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Graham

Offline Jon B

« Reply #9776 on: July 23, 2021, 06:51:15 PM »
I also bought a Medicspot test kit in the UK and took it with me to Arillas.. Very easy to use, two nasal swabs, photo your result, upload the photo to Medicspot and within an hour you get sent your all important certificate. I know that you can get tested I Arillas either from the local Dr or by prior arrangement with a local clinic who will visit the village, but don't know the timescale as regards getting your certificate. There are many pharma companies that can supply a Day 2 test kit for when you return to the UK, including Medicspot.. Prices do vary, so maybe if you check the Martin Lewis MSE weekly newsletter, they may advise on best price deals?. Jon B.

Offline SteveL

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9777 on: July 26, 2021, 09:55:55 AM »
Dr Papadopoulis near Brouklis does the test by appointment. We flew back yesterday (Sunday) so he asked us to see him on Saturday afternoon. Takes a few minutes for the test then about a 20 minute wait for the results. If you test negative (which I believe everyone has so far) you get a signed certificate. Twenty five euros per person.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9778 on: July 26, 2021, 01:20:00 PM »
Not exactly 'Arillas Today' I know but does an 8 year old have to have this Test to fly back does anyone know?
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9779 on: July 26, 2021, 01:56:24 PM »
Hi
According to U.K. Government info children under 10 years do not take a departure test

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#amber-list-rules-if-you-are-fully-uk-vaccinated

Keep safe
Geoff

Booking.com