Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3102824 times)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #1560 on: June 18, 2008, 09:28:03 AM »
On a negative note, I feel sorry for Wegg, because while you are gallivanting about Arillas, drinking with riggers and scaring young women with the horn on your red Pug,

:D indeed! Scaring young(?) women whilst they are trying to walk off the hang over is not funny!

So the Arillas rhythm of life is going on for us girlies for another couple of days before I will fly back to the Old Blighty on Friday morning and Heidi heads back to Finland on the later flight. Beach, lunch, rest in the afternoon, dinner, football and lashings of Royal Ionian is the order of the day here for us. The weather is now hotting up and mozzie count is most definetly getting higher, although the Jungle Formula tropical strength has done exactly what is says on the tin and we have  been spared from being eaten alive. Another Greece game tonight an it does not matter what the result is  like Peri said, they just want Greece to score one goal :D So I expect the little flags to be out again today all around the village with unwavering support for their guys.

Arillas today will be yet another beautiful sunny day with smiley faces walking around and worshiping the old sun. Wish you were here :)

Yassas!
Life is good ;)

Offline markanddee

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • thats us !!
« Reply #1561 on: June 18, 2008, 09:50:00 AM »
Blimey, seems like you have only been here for 5 minutes, we must catch up for a beer, but definately NO BIG BROTHER !! before you go :-)
M+D

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1562 on: June 18, 2008, 11:33:07 AM »
Negg, dont you ever hit that delete button, i've tears of laughter in my eyes.  Waiting for the comeback to Terry!  Does Wegg cook the courgettes then, haha.

Erja, am going to miss your reports they have been brilliant to read.  Riggers your turn now mate.

Sharon xx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1563 on: June 18, 2008, 03:29:55 PM »
Wot to say ? - dthen Zero ( I don't know )

Sharon - Wegg does indeed cook the courgettes under various disguises.
She has a book " 101 things to do with a courgettes"
100 things involve cooking !
( And number 101 is just to give them away ! )

Terry W - A book would take me a life time and I'm not due to re-tire now until the Red Pug finally blows it Radiator.
(Who remembers the rad leak last year?- not fixed yet!)

EEG  -  you will be greatlly missed when you return back to London.
Your posts are a fresh injection of Arillas life & a very good way of telling it "how it is"
A drink , a joke and a good laugh must be had before you and Heide return.
( Heide is the one with the very infectious laugh , by the way! - excellant! )

Phil - Easily grown here  are Lettuce, Raddish, Courgette, Beetroot,cucumber and runner beans. Peppers , Spuds, Sweetcorn, Onion currently on the go!
( Sure I've missed a few out )

Sue & Ian - I look forward to an ouzo with you both and the oppertunity to wear down your ear drums with life as we now know it!

And Arillas Today....... just re-read Erja's and my posting and add on 30%.
32 deg at 3:30 pm . - Someones gotta put up with it I 'spose.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1564 on: June 18, 2008, 03:33:14 PM »
Thanks for the update Neil,

Keep the Arillas weather hot, I will be there in ten more sleeps, yipeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Amanda

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #1565 on: June 18, 2008, 05:21:59 PM »
NEWS FLASH!!!!
Heidi and I were strolling home from the beach and to our amazement a zebra crossing had appeared on the road in front of Whispers! Then the lady from the shop opposite laughed at our amazement and told us that there will be a stop sign coming there shortly.

Now Eggy, we must recreate the Beatles Abbey Road album cover and take a pic with assorted people crossing it :D

Other than that, we have been today doing mostly nothing which has been nice ;)

Yassas!

Life is good ;)

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1566 on: June 18, 2008, 07:43:30 PM »
Hi Erja

I always thought there should be a Zebra crossing on that particular road, you know with all the traffic it definitely needed one. I will feel much safer crossing there now. LOL

Amanda

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1567 on: June 18, 2008, 08:29:34 PM »
Amanda

Don't feel too safe 'cause I can always get you with an open drivers door when I pass.

( Joking - Honest ! )

Negg

Offline markanddee

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • thats us !!
« Reply #1568 on: June 18, 2008, 08:42:59 PM »
Hey Mr Eggy, hope you are feeling better after your lunchtime medication, the pharmacies in Afionas are very different :-)
M+D

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1569 on: June 18, 2008, 10:00:47 PM »
Perhaps Dimitris could do an "Abbey Road" pic of the day... similar to the new ATM photo!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #1570 on: June 18, 2008, 10:17:57 PM »

Hey Erja,

What a fab idea - doing an 'Abbey Road' type of cover! An inspired idea if ever there was one.
You're right - you could have different forum members every week, it would be such a laugh & a really fun thing to be a part of.

Incidentally, your posts have been terrific & the banter between you & Eggy is hilarious.
I thought we were pretty spolied to have him - but it's taken the daily life to a whole different dimension.

I hope more Forum members will do it in the future - I LOVE reading these particular posts!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday!

BeckyB x.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1571 on: June 18, 2008, 11:16:58 PM »
Mark n Dee

They say that Night Owl is better than Night Nurse for medication.

Must try and see Erja n Heide tomorrow and see what we can do with this crossing.

26 deg outside and 24 deg inside tonight at 11:15 pm.
( Maybe time for an extra blanket on the bed! )

Cheers
Negg

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1572 on: June 19, 2008, 03:35:54 PM »
Negg

They will be putting up another sign soon saying..........

"beware, red pug"

Amanda

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1573 on: June 19, 2008, 03:57:08 PM »
negg you will have to let me know where this night owl is.
it seems to have some good reports

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1574 on: June 19, 2008, 05:43:28 PM »
An excellent day being had by all ,in Arillas, with temps around that 30/32 deg mark and only countered by a very, very slight breeze.

I say a good day for all but not Erga and Heidi as they go home tomorrow.
Hannaka, (Heineken) also leaves on Moday so a good opportunity to catch them all, still smiling, until it sinks in that they have to go home.

Riggers and wife , Sue, also leave Monday so a vacancy will shortly arise for a new  "Roving Reporter"

Mark n Dee have a cunning plan to do something linked to the new crossing so look out for that in the very near future. - He will post a pic when all is organised.

And finally, this is what happens when I drink far too much during the afternoon !

Hmmmm! - Will the real Pug please start your engine and gimme a clue.

Cheers
Negg

Booking.com