Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3102546 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #1485 on: June 09, 2008, 04:34:15 PM »
You know what we shall have to do.... go with an "autograph" book and collect all those members we meet to sign in - if we are really dedicated perhaps stick a piccy in first to recognise them.

(I am only joking of course - just in case you think I am a total nutter - or you might think it a good idea. I am waffling again!)
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1486 on: June 09, 2008, 04:40:39 PM »
Willis -
You should have spoken up ! - I had enough space on the camera for another photo!

The following pic was taken about 3 pm, sat on a sunbed.
( Just in case some of you have forgotten about the view ! )

Changeover day today with a lot of fresh faces being delivered by quite a few coaches.
A 26 deg , sunny Arillas sounds like a very good welcome to me.

Still many bodies on sunbeds though but not many in the water. Maybe after the little rain we've been having the sea needs to warm up a twinge.

I see that a "Riggers" will be here tomorrow. Riggers, EEG and Heide, all competing in a drinking session ? - Is there enough alcohol in Arillas for that?

Blondegirl - I luv to see someone waffling.Makes me feel like I'm not alone in the:-
"Wunderful World of Waffling! "

Cheers
Negg

riggers

« Reply #1487 on: June 09, 2008, 05:03:05 PM »
Lol Eggy.

There may not be enough. Could inform the coconut to get a few extra kegs of Mythos in.  :D

See you soon..................

riggers.

Offline Marika

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • With love!
« Reply #1488 on: June 09, 2008, 08:06:18 PM »
Hello everybody :) :) :)

A very big HELLO from SanStefanos (where I am, just in the moment)
Today was a beautiful, sunny day.
HaHaHa! Great pictures Neill :)
We had a nice time in the Horizon with the Ouzo :)
Yes, Nick, you was behind me with Anna! HaHaHa!
Till now I dont see you EEG maybe tomorrow, was looking today, but no.
Ok, I leave you all now, I am hungry HaHaHa!
See you all soon!

Marika x x x

www.marika75.webs.com

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #1489 on: June 09, 2008, 09:27:52 PM »
You lucky lucky person Marika hope your having a brilliant time and i,m sure that you are dont drink all the mythos save some for us in august lol
                                                          Tony

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #1490 on: June 10, 2008, 05:05:50 PM »
Greetings,

Dimitri gave me a mission to be on the spot reporter today, so here is what is going down in our little village today directly from the apartment balcony above Brouklis.

Tattoo's are a plenty this year and I don't feel too out of place with 9 of mine. Eileen's boy has few as does his mate and Heidi bares hers for all to see on the beach. There are of course plenty more walking around the village which makes the place look rather colourful.

If some of you have managed to avoid the fact that Greece plays against Sweden tonight in Euro 2008 tournament, I have just informed you. The village gearing up to show their support and  Armourada has Greek flags on every flower pot and everyone here will be Greek tonight unless you happen to be a Swede :D

I have still not managed to bump into Marika, but I am sure it will happen and I am quite excited to see who turns up tonight for the Forum Corner :)

Yassas from sunny Arillas and COME ON GREECE!!! :D
Life is good ;)

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1491 on: June 10, 2008, 05:32:48 PM »
Thanks for the report Erja, and I will be supporting Greece with you. Any chance of a photo of the Armourada  so we can see it decorated with the flage, Hopefully you could take it and show the victory celebrations at the same time

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #1492 on: June 10, 2008, 05:41:27 PM »

Really lovely to get your report EEG - boy oh boy do I wish I was there!!!

I think you must be staying in the rooms we stayed in above the Brouklis? They're lovely aren't they?

You sound like you're having a fab time (surprise, surprise!) & I hope you enjoy the match later!

We too will be supporting Greece. Here's hoping!!

BeckyB x.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1493 on: June 10, 2008, 07:59:55 PM »
EEG

What a great report !

Me and Wegg, plus all the Forum look forward to a few more this week!

As for us, today was a little work this morning, a nice relaxed lunch at Brouklis and then 2 hours on the beach. - First time this year we done the ole sunbathing thing!
Wegg took a dip or two in the sea so it must be warming up and at 8 pm the temp is still around 26 deg.

Put me down for a 3-1 victory for Greece tonight as I can't be there to see it with you.
I think that by 9:45 pm driving will not be an option.

Did you know that Sweden have only beaten Greece once. That was apparently in the 1920's when they won 9-0. Most other times they have drawn.
Time for a change Greece !!!!

Cheers
Negg

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1494 on: June 11, 2008, 10:31:31 AM »
Good morning from beautiful Arillas,

Unfortunately Greece succumbed to Sweden in footall, and all the local boys in the Greek shirts looked disappointed but not defeated.Our spirits remained high simply because Peri kept them drinks coming with a smile :)

BeckyB, we are indeed staying in the rooms above Brouklis and we are having a splendid time :)

garythebike made an appearance in the Coconut last night with his jet lagged family and they retired for a well earned kip before the football. He just walked straight to me and said:"You must be Erja". So that's the way to do it :D

If todays sunbathing doesn't tire us out, I will try and get a report in later on :D

Yassas olles and see you on the beach :)

Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1495 on: June 11, 2008, 11:46:45 AM »
ERJA

You're getting pretty good at this.
( 3-1 to Greece? - Wot do I know? )

I could now be redundant as "on the spot reporter"
Keep 'em coming kid!

Ever thought about living here? - Psssttt - Wanna buy some land?

Negg

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #1496 on: June 11, 2008, 01:35:40 PM »
Hi Erja

Great reporting and enjoy the rest of your visit , watch out for Eggy he is only after his commision lol

Yammas

Dave

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1497 on: June 11, 2008, 06:12:33 PM »
Dave n Anne
Wot's commission. - Is there a Grrek word for that?

Arillas today?

So whats Erja doing sat in a certain bar this afternoon, watching some film called "Sex in the City", when she should be out reporting for all of us to read and enjoy.
Maybe those temps of 28/30 deg are too hot for her.
( I'm talking about the weather here not the film! )

A busy beach here today, which was very noticable by the number of brollies in the up position. - Good to see a lot of people enjoying a well earned break.

Riggers insisted on keeping me in free flowing Ouzo  but I had to go home in the end.
But there's always tomorrow! , or the next day, or the next day etc.

So c'mon Erja - Get posting! - I'm sure I've missed a few things here.

Negg

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1498 on: June 11, 2008, 06:59:59 PM »
Greetings all from sweltering Arillas!

Like Eggy stated, riggers made an guest appearance in the Coconut this afternoon and he was most comforted with the fact that we had not managed to drink all the beer in the village ;) We are yet to meet his better half but I am sure we will shortly.

Temperatures have today been hot hot hot and we managed to hang on in there on the beach until about 3pm. The sand has been sticking everywhere in unexpected places but an ice cold Royal Ionian melted these worries away. Lunch today happened in Portofino with a lovely shade from the blazing sun. Then we relaxed in to the shadows of the Coconut bar, leaned back on the comfy chairs and enjoyed the best Sex & the City that we have had in Arillas so far ;)

If our livers can cope, there will be  more beer and men in shorts to be enjoyed in the shape of Euro 2008 tonight :)

P.S Mozzie bite count is 3 for Heidi and non for me :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #1499 on: June 12, 2008, 12:38:20 AM »
Sounds good to me Erja....and all in all, well worth a few mozzie bites. Enjoy!
Sandy x

Booking.com