Author Topic: flights to corfu 2008  (Read 50528 times)

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
Re: flights to corfu 2008
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2007, 04:51:44 PM »
They are a small London based airline, you hear both good and reports about them which is the norm really. No reason at all to worry, the CAA have the highest standard of aircraft inspection in the world, any airline that is considered 'dodgy' is not allowed in our airspace never mind land here.

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2007, 04:55:12 PM »
Thanks for your explanation Joe, it makes sense of the recent cancellations.

It's a pity that all the mergers are having this affect on XL, it sounds like the big boys squeezing out the little 'uns...but such are the politics of business...it's the 'Tescopoloy affect' so now it's up to XL to come up with a new marketing strategy or whatever it is called in the trade.

Jill, I flew with Flyjet to Corfu a couple of weeks ago, they were on par with everyone else I honestly did not notice any difference.

Eileenx

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2007, 05:05:16 PM »
As long as the flight isn't cancelled I don't care if we have to push it down the run way.  I'm so DESPERATE for this holiday.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2007, 05:06:31 PM »
It won't hit Execl that hard if the above is true, it was only a select few flights that were affected. If anything they can probably now concentrate on more profitable routes.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2007, 03:37:35 PM »
I am desperately trying to go to Arillas in October and I have been looking for flights. I have found the following web site....

I am not sure if this has been shown on here before, so my apologies if it has.

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2007, 04:23:59 PM »
At Last !!!!

Our flght ticketts have arrived from XL..I have been calling them every other day to make sure there were no more cancelations...fingers crossed soon be on our way

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2007, 04:25:06 PM »
Actually 2 weeks & 2 days...Ticker factory out of date

Offline Fiona

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2007, 08:53:12 PM »
Hey Kes, I don't remember you taking that photo of me (the purple person), I must have a twin sister!!

I have just caught up with this thread, it all happened while I was away from home.  Sorry to hear that you suffered with XL's cancellation in October as well Eileen.  I only hope that you get your money back more quickly than I did.  Applied for refund on 25th June and finally got the money back in my bank last week, despite numerous phone calls.  In the end I threatened them that I would take the matter further.  What amazed me is that I actually had to apply for something that was mine anyway as they could not offer me any alternative.  Also interesting to hear Joe's explanation of what has happened.

I have been looking for flights for 2008 and they are ridiculous - needless to say I will NOT be flying with XL.  Think I may be pushed into looking for a package rather than going independent.
Fiona

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2007, 09:16:12 PM »
Fortunately Fiona the refund was in my account in a few days.  When I sent the cancellation email to request my refund (remember it was XL who cancelled the flight!) I pointed out that as I paid by Switch the money was in their account straight away and I expected the same in return.  Probably this did not have a bearing on my refund but it did make me feel better :-)

The prices are sitting quite high just now but they usually are until later in the year,  well at least for flights from Newcastle and Glasgow.

I'll email you soon :-)

Eileenxxx

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2007, 09:38:26 PM »
Fiona,We got the flights altered (after much persuasion & gentle threats)
As you poss know the inbound flight 8th oct was cancelled..we should have arrived on the 24th sept (i think)..but they got us seats on the 17th sept returning on th 1st Oct...and yes it may be we revert to the package holiday as this is the 2nd time we have been mucked around!!!Still so long as we arrive thats the first priority....
yes this realy is me below

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2007, 07:18:57 PM »
Our's was a package and it didnt stop it getting changed twice in a matter of 6weeks and then cancelled so I really dont feel that booking package in future will make any difference at all. As for flights and packages for 2008 the prices are terrable at the moment and I think there is more chance of flight only going down then a package.Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2007, 12:38:53 PM »
Well I have just spent the past 2hrs searching for flights for sept this year and its not easy,its not the money but I really think £700 for 2 return flights is a bit steep especialy as we only paid £320 for the same dates last sept and £340 for our flights in mid july this year,we really want to come back to arillas in a few weeks time but by the time I add on the accomodation and taxi it will be closer to £1000 for the week,whilst we love our bit of paradise its getting more difficult by the day to get there.I should have sorted out the flights as soon as we came back in july but we couldnt confirm the dates then.
I think I need to book for next year now to ensure we get good prices and just take a flyer on the dates.
I will keep searching and fingers crossed I will find a flight within the budget and be there mid sept.
Ang

Maggie

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2007, 02:54:58 PM »
Good luck ang.

Offline Fiona

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2007, 04:11:45 PM »
Eileen - Glad to hear you got your refund so quickly.  I pointed out to XL that they had had my money since March 2007, but they obviously wanted to keep it a bit longer!!

Kes - Glad you have got sorted.  We are flying same date 28/09 with another airline, but have to go to Manchester instead of East Midlands and I will lose a day's pay as it's a daytime flight.  Maybe see you between the 28/09 and the 01/10 !

With regard to 2008 flight prices, I have just found one under £200 with Thomas Cook so I shall be keeping my eye on their prices.

Ang - not sure where you live but there is a Thomson flight from Manchester on a Friday which seems to be showing at a lot less than £700 in September.

Fiona

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2007, 05:07:24 PM »
Thanks Fiona but manchester is a tad too far,that said we used to fly from there when hubbies grandma lived in cheadle so then we would kill two birds with one stone so to speak,as I travel to Birmingham several times a week with work we dont mind flying from there but still cant find a good price,am now looking at other destinations but we dont want to so to spain which seems to come up,could get a cheapy to Kavos just for the flight but thats still showing up at £600,will keep searching have made the decision to book something by 3rd sept what ever,as I need a break and some chill out time due to a very stressfull job ha ha
Ang

Booking.com