Author Topic: flights to corfu 2008  (Read 50522 times)

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: flights to corfu 2008
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2007, 06:08:28 PM »
Just come across this worring thread,we fly out 1st october with Air Malta which is owned by Excel Air i believe,we are going with Libra.As i posted eleswhere it looks like no flights to Corfu from Exeter next year at all.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2007, 06:14:59 PM »
Your have to have a few days staying with us Harold and then we can all go from Manchester it is very worrying though almost seems as if its a conspiorsey against Corfu by the holiday companies and airlines. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2007, 11:32:42 AM »
Remember that My Travel/Thomas Cook & First Choice/TUI are all in the process of merging. Until this is resolved there is going to be major fluctuations in the prices, keep checking, don't rush in and try as be as flexible as you can. I have seen some horrific prices but there are good deals to as always.

Once this has settled down you should find the prices should ease and the variety of flights should increase, still no plans for Exeter basing, sorry Harold. Since My Travel (Airtours) Tour Ops have no accomodation in Arillas you should notice very little change there.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2007, 07:51:32 AM »
Thanks Viv and Joe,I have been look at Bristol 150 miles round trip,we can get a Monday morning flight from there,but Sally says if we have to go to Bristol then we may chose somewhere else to Holiday like Skiathos.I ahve written to the local rag about flights next year,lets hope they can stir things up a bit,its not as though they had trouble selling the holidays,they are nearly always booked up.
Harold,

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2007, 12:27:28 PM »
For any of you that live in the south of England who want to get here in October there are apparently still seats available on the Palmair flights that fly on Wednesdays from Bournemouth.  This information has come from my parents who are coming out on 3rd October.  The prices quoted are £239 for 14 nights on 3rd October and £159 for 7 nights on 10th October. 

It seems that this information is not necessarily available on the Palmair website but further information could be gained by e-mailing shaftesbury@bathtravel.com

Sorry that this is probably not necessarily helpful news for those of you who live in Newcastle or Manchester!

Wendy (wife of Eggy)

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2007, 01:20:13 PM »
Also (and you didn't hear this from me) Thomas Cook will have an aircraft based at Cardiff next summer, no idea what routes it will operate but I would imagine there is a good chance of a Monday or Friday Corfu from there.

llongyfarchiadau (hmm I hope thats right and I've not just insulted any Welsh people)

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2007, 12:17:42 PM »
Diolch Joe
Ang

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2007, 10:38:22 PM »
Well we are not coming back!!!!!!! flight prices, flight times all made it too difficult, last year not a problem came  in june and again sept and only booked a cpl of months befor, but this year....we have just had the one week in july,its all well and good to book a year ahead for those who can or those that live in areas where you can get reasonable priced flights, so I will have to wait untill march 2008 befor I can get some flights..that said I booked 3 flights yesterday for a few days away over the next 4 mths only 4 days at a time..malaga ,prauge,amsterdam and all for the grand total of £400 for the 2 of us from local airport.Not happy but hey hope to see you next year Negg.
Ang.....boo hoo

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2007, 12:27:44 PM »
Oh thats such a shame Ang, i am sorry you couldnt get anything booked, i hope next year comes quick enough for you so you can have your Arillas fix :-) !

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2007, 11:26:35 AM »
Thanks Smiffy I still keep looking just in case,I will just have to make do with my daily arillas fix on here lol
Ang

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2007, 04:40:19 PM »
Ang.
Only just picked this up and, of course, really sorry to hear this news.
Maybe next year Eleni/Stella will be up and running. Best wishes both.
Negg

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2007, 05:19:31 PM »
Found out today via my MP that flights to Corfu in 2008 from Exeter will be on a Friday with First Choice,Have been into a travel agents in Exeter who looked up the flights for me they work out at about £450 for 2 people,but they want £15.00 each for the wonderful meals we get on these flights,we will not take the meals though.So at least its looking good from Exeter,just need to sort out some accommadation in Arillas when we are over OCTOBER 1st.
As a foot note to this Libra are still selling holidays from Exeter to Corfu for 2008 even though they will not be using Exeter Airport.SO anyone who books from Exeter to Corfu Beware your flight will more than likely be from Bristol.I think this is disgusting and should not be allowed.Selling holidays to people you know you are not going to honor.I might just write to ABTA about it
Harold,

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2007, 05:30:15 PM »
Just checked the Libra site They have NOW taken Exeter off
Harold,

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2007, 05:41:48 PM »
They must have overheard your threats Harold!
Sandy x

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2007, 06:43:10 PM »
LOL you maybe right there Sandy,hopefully we will have everything sorted within the next 2 weeks
Harold,

Booking.com