Author Topic: Christos Apartments  (Read 18608 times)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
Re: Christos Apartments
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2007, 12:45:53 PM »
That was the same as us, we didnt have to queue under the marquee bit, but the queue to get into the terminal took blooming ages, we were stood outside for ages, then queued for about 20 odd minutes once inside, but then straight through passport control and security, although once through to departures it was so rammed, there were about 3 or 4 delayed planes, so all them people were in there plus all of us still coming through, it was not pleasant to say the least.

Anyway luckily we were in departures for all of half hour and then we were on the plane.

I just think would it be easier if you could just make your own way in to the terminal like it was before and not have to queue?

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2007, 12:53:23 PM »
We were thinking of going away again in October but cant really bear the thought of dragging our cases around just for a few days so we have booked to go to of all places... Ilfracombe for 5 days...  Driving there will take as long as Corfu I think.  We have never been there and it wont be hot or as nice as Arillas but it will be a break anyway and we wont have the flight problems.  You are off to Mexico soon arent you?
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2007, 01:09:35 PM »
Thats in Devon isnt it??  Lovely part of the country, a break is abreak at the end of the day!

Yep just over a month til we're off, sooooo excited!!

Offline Ivan

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2007, 10:49:42 AM »
I promised somewhere earlier in this thread while it was still on-subject that I would comment when I returned after staying at the Christos.
      We got back yesterday after a weeks stay so here goes.
Plus points,
            A warm welcome from Angela who probably speaks better English than I do and most definatly better Greek!
            A real proper kettle in the room for a cuppa
            A large fan which was most welcome
           Room was of a better than average size, we were loooking over the pool and the balconey was very pleasent of an evening, and the plastic chairs had those nice little cushions which ease the pressure when you've sat a while.
         Unfortunatly while we were there the water pressure was low ( The Christos is at the top of a hill) this made showering interesting. I spoke to Angela about this and she was more than keen to have it looked at but we came to the conclusion that it was just a lack of pressure. We had a little noise from the road but nothing to worry about.
           All in all we had a very good and restful holiday,
                                                        Ivan

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2007, 10:54:11 AM »
Nice reveiw Ivan
Really good to see you both. - Back soon Eh?
Best Wishes
Neill & Wendy

( PM's on the way soooooon ? )

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2007, 12:42:08 PM »
Greg
Take a look at this feedback on Christos. - But start at page 1 as it does go off thread a bit.
It will give you an idea about the appts.
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2007, 07:31:28 PM »
As usual a blend of opinions - mine is just another one but here it is.

Phillip and Angela could not do any more for their guests than lay down and die. We have spent many happy hours in the pool/bar and everybody staying has described it as their best ever holiday. Some couples and families have been going there twice a year for so many years they've forgotten how long.

Its position is perfect for both Arillas and San Stefanos, being at the top of the hill. Reasonably able bodied folk can walk to either easily.

We have stayed most times over the road with Alecos Sgouros, about 100 yards. We may not have have stayed in his apartments but have seen them inside and out. We would be very happy to stay there.

The walk down to Arillas beach is punctuated with Annas studios and bar (absolutely wonderful) the "cake shop" (try their Greek Delight)  Yannis supermarket (tries hard)
then you're at the bottom of the hill, and all of the main bars, shops etc etc. The only problem for us is we did so much it took us 4 hours to do it! 10 minutes with no visits would see you on the beach.

I would recommend it to anyone with the proviso of getting back up the hill. But the locals will always drive you up if you need it.

phil and jen

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2007, 07:40:26 PM »
You mention Annas! Best bacon n bread for brekkie. Tomatoes too, yummy.
Lindypops.

Offline Wil

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2007, 07:56:53 PM »
Ivan,

We visited Christos Apartments in September 05, also with Olympic. A while ago I know, so cannot advise on current position. The apartment was excellent, the pool was super, even in September, and the owner (forgotten his name) was great. There is a supermarket across the road. The walk into Arillas is easy, all downhill. The walk back up again is quite an effort, takes about 20 minutes (along the road, not including shortcuts). Don't be put off by this.

The apartments are in an excellent position, almost equidistant between San Stefanos and Arillas. It is a very easy walk into San Stefanos for a superb beach and a further selection of great restaurants. Not that these are missing from Arillas!. Walk back from San Stefanos is quite easy. Need a torch !! There are also some good walks into the surrounding olive groves.

We would return to Arillas in a second. Just cannot seem to manage it.

Hope this is useful.

Wil

Booking.com