Author Topic: Christos Apartments  (Read 18612 times)

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Christos Apartments
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 12:49:12 PM »
We always do last minute holidays and have always been lucky.  We have always said if we did get somewhere we didn't like we would stay there for the first night (late arrival time from Norwich) and then just hire a car and head to Arillas.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 03:17:07 PM »
We did that a couple of years ago.  Got a really really good last minute deal, think it only cost £135 for both of us.  The apartments were in San Stephanos and were actually really nice but we wanted Arillas.  Couldn't have got flights for that price.  We informed the rep at Corfu airport so that the transfer bus wasn't waiting for us and got a taxi straight to Arillas.

Wish I could find a bargain like that now.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2007, 07:34:01 PM »
Mick & Jill
If "Doing your own thing" ,once you get to Corfu, what procedure do you have to take to get back to the Airport for returning home.? Do you have to confirm your flights personnally with the tour operator or just contact your rep to confirm you'll see them at the Airport? and... If the rep how contactable are they?

Had a little look at Christos today. Fairly busy, but quiet and no loud music in the background. ( gotta be a bonus ) Appts set back from the pool.
Couldn't get to see an appt as the owner said all were in use. If that's true it may be a recommendation in itself. Didn't see any unhappy faces.
Negg

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 09:08:34 PM »
Negg, when Avril flew out last year we didn't confirm the return and just turned up at the airport and ignored the queues.
           Thanks everyone who took the time to reply, we are now booked and I'm sure will have a good holiday
                                              Ivan

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 12:23:24 PM »
Im sure you will, its not as if your be eating in is it.  oooo yum Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2007, 12:21:20 PM »
Viv, that made I laugh that did!!!! Dimitris, get the sardines in!
                              Ivan

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2007, 06:41:21 PM »
Pleased about that, love to Avril. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2007, 11:01:46 PM »
Hi Eggy

We just turn up at the airport about 2.5 hours before the flight time on our ticket, bit of a gamble I know but it has always worked for us so far and hey at the worst we get left in Corfu and have a longer holiday.  I'm sure Spiro would have us for longer, might have to clean a few rooms mind.

We never even speak to a Rep, think over the last 8 years (first 2yrs we went package deal) the only time I have spoken to one is when she tried to get us to wait outside in the balzing sun.  We had already been at the airport for 30 mins and she wanted us to go to the back of the queue which wasn't even there when we arrived at airport.  The first 2 years we went it was with Manos and Olympic, found the Reps ok but they soon lost interest when we didn't want to do the trips.

Jill
Jill
Jill XXX

Maggie

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2007, 08:17:42 PM »
We just turn up too jill. I object to standing out in the sun, so always just go inside. Never had a problem so far.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2007, 11:06:21 AM »
My Daughter came back from Arillas a couple of weeks ago with a couple of her friends.  The Rep told her it was the airports policy for eveyone to wait outside.  She refused as she had been there some time and like myself object to then getting put at the back of a long queue.  She refused and the Rep just walked away.

I just feel that as we do the whole thing ourselves why should we then have to do what they want us to when we are on the way home.  It's the only time I ever speak to a Rep.  I know alot of people won't agree with this, but hey each to their own.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2007, 11:40:54 AM »
blondegirl - what was the queue like outside the airport when you came back from Arillas??

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2007, 02:28:55 PM »
Thanks for the feedback all. - But what I meant was:-
If you book a cheap, last minute package deal, say to Kavos for example, and when you arrive at Corfu airport tell the rep you're going elsewhere does that mean his/her responsibilty for you is relinquished.
So do you then have to:-
a, Confirm with the rep, the day before you leave, that you will be at the Airport.
b. When you get to the Airport does he/she then take responsibility for you again and insist you rejoining his/her party, and his/her queue of travellers?
Interested because this is the sort of thing my daughter would do.
Negg

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2007, 06:05:26 PM »
Hi Eggy

When we booked out cheapy to San Stephanos we told the Rep at the airport that we didn't require the accommodation and we had made plans to stay with friends.  She said that was fine, she didn't tell us anything about the return flight etc.  So no after we landed they had no repsonsability for us at all.  Didn't see them at the airport on the way back and they didn't look for us.  It was as if they had our money and then we didn't exsist as far as they were concerned.
Jill XXX

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2007, 11:39:43 AM »
Thanks Mick & Jill.
I wonder there is anything in the contract you get when you make the booking?
-- Maybe one for Joe here.
Negg

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2007, 12:13:02 PM »
Well, we left the Bardis and it was slightly later than we thought, then the driver stopped at a bakers to get his lunch so by the time we got to the airport we didnt have to wait under the marquee bit.  We were directed around the back of the coach and joined the queue straight away which was slightly embarassing as we had only just arrived and all the other people had probably been waiting ages.  They directed us inside and there were about 3 queues for Gatwick, we must have waited about 1/2 hr to get through to check in.  They weighed the bags and gave us our booking cards then Mike took the bags to the security bit and said goodbye to them.  Then, we had to queue again to go through passport which was only about 10 mins, then we went through the security cameras.  Going airside we only had to wait about 1/2 hr if that before we were called to board.  Everything went smooth until then.... we then waited 45 mins on the plane for late comers which made me cross a bit as some hang about in the bars and dont hear the calls but perhaps others were justifiably late.  Anyway, we have never had a problem at Corfu airport.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com