Author Topic: Villa Linakis  (Read 17989 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Villa Linakis
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 07:12:08 PM »
Sandy & Joyce
Still too modest I'm afraid - Good talking to in order when you're in Arillas !!
Negg

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 08:06:13 PM »
Hi there

Eileen’s about the kindest and most helpful person I know!

We would never have got our place with out her help and looking around Villa Linakis really helped us be sure that our mutual builders had the quality of work we were looking for.

She's as star.

I have a sneaking suspicion she will end up out there for good one day with all the other nice people.

Will we see you next week Eileen?

Regards
Frank
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline Wendy n Stu

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 10:19:38 PM »
Although I don't know Eileen on Tueday I sent her a PM as I walked past the Villa on holiday last week and I was truly and totally blown away.  What a beautiful and spectacular home.  I knew it would be nice but I never imagined it so nice, so very striking and just absolutely fab in every way.  Eggy is right when he talks about all credit to them both for their achievement.  I was overwhelmed and it would be a wonderful place to stay in every way.  Hope you got the message Eileen.  W. x

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2007, 02:43:34 PM »
it's gobsmackingly beautiful, we went past it on our way to view a friends partcially built house up the hill on the right side (what a climb). Eileens is much easier to walk to.

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 02:53:00 PM »
Went for a nosey as well when we were there a couple of weeks ago.  It is stunning.  x

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2007, 12:52:23 PM »

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply but I'm trying to catch up on all that I've missed on the forum!

Thank you Wendy n Stu, M n M and Sharon. It's been lovely reading your comments, it's very kind of you all to take the time to write them, it would have been nice to have been around to offer you a pit-stop and refreshment on your walks!  It's such a pity as it seems that we missed so many people who were over the week before us.

Our builders do 'do' a lovely house, I just know that the Dolls house is going to be beautiful...and what a view it has too!

Frank it was lovely to bump into Mandy and yourself, so sorry we did not make your open day, as you know we had a taxi booked for a trip to Kassiopi that day. I'm sure that you have both realised by now that there does not seem enough hours in the day to do everything that we want to do when in Arillas!

In fact my friend and I only managed an hour or so with Sandy and Joyce in the  Rainbow late last Wednesday...a big thanks Sandy for the lift up the road! :-)  Liz thinks you are both lovely and quite mad into the bargain!!!

Eileenxxx

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 02:11:56 PM »
Hi Eileen

Arrived back at 4am today and am now at work.....supposedly. Lovely to see you at the Rainbow - sorry for catching you in your jammies in the street with the plant man earlier in the week (!!!!!)

That was my first trial run at going up that hill after a few beverages. Not too smooth so may have to return to the donkey plan.

We saw Liz at Brouklis a few days ago and had to confess I had tooted at her by the pool as I drove by your house. Will ring soon to catch up xxx
Sandy x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 02:46:14 PM »
LOL can just see you taking one step forward and two back, just like line dancing. Last time we were there Keith had to give me a lift to your place from theirs, mind you I did have a tilted pelvis at the time. Looking forward to seeing it when finished. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2007, 03:39:43 PM »
Hi Eileen
 Lovely to see you at the Rainbow - sorry for catching you in your jammies in the street with the plant man earlier in the week (!!!!!)

OMG'Ds now embarrassing I had forgotten about that...just don't mention what time of day it was!!!  It was a kind of chaotic morning if I remember rightly!

Hi Eileen

That was my first trial run at going up that hill after a few beverages...

...now you tell me ;-) 

Hi Eileen

We saw Liz at Brouklis a few days ago and had to confess I had tooted at her by the pool as I drove by your house.

When Liz first arrived she found it amusing that everyone tooted and waved at us as they passed by, but no doubt she's got the hang of waving back...even to complete strangers... by the time you tooted past.

Viv, I remember that morning.  Keith offered you both a lift.  Pete refused preferring to walk in order not to miss a photo opportunity,  but I just knew by your face that you really did not feel up to the walk.  Anyway suffice to say us women got our own way!!! 

Eileenx

Offline killie

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • Cramond Angling Club
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2007, 01:47:45 PM »
I've been getting on at Eileen since the day the construction work began and even after it was completed to promote her villa on Arillas.com forum.
As lot's of visitors and future visitors to Arillas visit this forum I thought well it's a good a place as any to advertise your villa. She did'nt want to be seen as using the forum for that, spamming some people may have called it, she would rather just use the forum to pass on any knowledge/help on Arillas and surrounding area which she has aquired, and thats quite a lot. Now that someone else has started the topic I feel I can put my tuppence worth in.

As some of you may know, I'm her brother and have watched the villa grow from a grassy patch on the ground to what it is now but mostly from photographs and what Eileen has told me and while I put www.villalinakis.com together for Eileen & Keith.

Earlier this year I stayed in it for the first time and it was a lot larger than I imagined, building a website as anyone who has done it knows you get to know your subject inside out, when I stepped into the villa I thought I'd know it well...I was wrong. it was like stepping into Dr Who's tardis, there was so much space to lose yourself, and looked so much better than on the website.

I loved the pool area as it was private and walled so apart from maybe Dimitris flying around in his plane no-one could see me swimming/sunbathing starkers. The peace and quite, the friendliness of the neighbours up the hill, and the old woman bringing her goats down the road in the morning always had a cheery wave for you.

Recommended stay for anyone.

Maggie

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2007, 08:43:05 PM »
Eileen, I spotted your place on the picture of the day. It's lovely to see those aerial views.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2007, 11:14:20 PM »
Eileen, did I really look as bad as I felt, I was trying to be brave and smile I guess it had just worn of after the walking we had done alltough as you know normally I would have done it with no trouble as hopefully I will do in May again. Killie think the website is great as you know I was following from the first foundations dig and enjoyed seeing everything you put on. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com