Author Topic: Trips to Aqualand waterpark  (Read 7017 times)

Offline smoosh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Soon have a nice hols pic rather than work badge 1
Trips to Aqualand waterpark
« on: July 11, 2007, 12:41:50 PM »
Hi all.  Does anyone know how easy it is to get to the Aqualand waterpark from Arillas and also if it's any good?

I know there's a nearer one in Sidari but apparently it's smaller and not so good - any thoughts??

Offline Diane x

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Trips to Aqualand waterpark
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 01:35:19 PM »
It's pretty easy to get to, you don't have to negotiate Corfu town phew ! and it is pretty well signposted. We hired a car and went there ourselves so we could arrive and depart when we wanted.
It was a cloudy day and thunderstorms threatened so we were glad we did. It was pretty busy (mid two weeks in august).There is something for everyone, it is actually where I started with the fear of enclosed places.I used to love rollercoasters and waterparks but I think I have finally grown up !!!! You migh find the smell of stale water a bit offensive.
I think you can buy tickets from your rep that may be slightly cheaper.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 01:37:43 PM »
As with most trips, I think this is more expensive with the reps. There are plenty of trips each week to Aqualand through the travel offices in the village and I would recommend these. My kids have always loved it there and it is a great day out for them.
Sandy x

Offline LivingstonFamily

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • ThePicOfDaniella
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 02:34:31 PM »
Aqualand is a lot of fun and quite easy to get too. You could always book it at one of the travel places or somthing like that seen as there are usualy alot of people that want to go aswell.

There is lots to do there, Big slides, Fast slides, multiple people slides, lazy river, wave pool, raft rides and etc.

There are also different pools and they have fun pools like pirates and stuff.

But if your not fond of rides then you can always just sunbathe and they have plenty of food stalls which can be a rip off but its how they make there money i suppose.

Julie- The Sun Soaker
Kev- The Jock
Daniella- The Terrapin Terror

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 06:32:22 PM »
Arillas Travel do trips to Aqualand. It's about e27 per adult and e20 per child. I'm told that includes your admission.
(Leaving Arillas about 9 am and returniing about 6 pm.)
Don't know what other local places charge though.
Negg

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 01:42:23 PM »
We went last year with our 2 teenagers & we all loved it. We didn't take a camera though cos we weren't sure if there would be lockers but it is very well organised with plenty of lockers & showers. we hired a car & found our own way there. definately going back this year - with camera for lots of cheesy shots!

Karen

Offline smoosh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Soon have a nice hols pic rather than work badge 1
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 10:59:17 AM »
Thanks for all the advice everyone!   

Looks like we'll definitely be doing a day at Aqualand then, we both love stuff like that!

Does anyone know if the one at Sidari is any good?

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 11:42:11 AM »
We always go to  the Sidari water park.  It has always satisfied my three and gives them a chance to have a macdonalds!  It is a fraction of the cost of Aqualand  and a 20 minute journey. Having said that, we have decided to take them to Aqualand this year as they are all a bit older and more confident in the water.  The Sidari park has three large slides and a small section for toddlers, still worth a visit.

Offline nikki

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 02:18:30 PM »
Book with Arillas travel because you get 2 hours longer than thomson and although by the last hour it was starting to drag on and you started to get bored. However with Thomson it really wasn't long enough.

Going with Arillas was alot cheaper too.

Also you had to go off to all the other little places eg. San Stefonos with thomson but with arillas travel there was only 2 pick ups on the beach and up the road. 
:)

Booking.com