Author Topic: Favourite restaurants  (Read 56263 times)

Offline smoosh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Soon have a nice hols pic rather than work badge 1
Favourite restaurants
« on: July 06, 2007, 04:46:59 PM »
Hello all

Anyone recommend good restaurants in Arillas?  We're big fans of souvla from trips to Cyprus and Crete, but any other restaurant reviews gratefully received!!!

:D

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
Re: Favourite restaurants
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 05:06:50 PM »
My absolute favourite restaurant is Thalassa, such gorgeous food, Kostas on the Beach, The Captains and Brouklis are all firm favourites too, just have fun trying them all out for yourselves, you can then let us know on your return what turned out to be your favourites!

Im sure you will love your first time in Arillas :-)

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 05:23:23 PM »
Can't remember having a bad meal in any of the restaraunts in Arillas they are all good but I do like Vavilas and The Captains.

Yammas

Dave n Anne

Offline smoosh

• Soon have a nice hols pic rather than work badge 1
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 05:26:04 PM »
Thanks for your replies so far - we're really looking forward to it now!  The first week of September seems so far away though!

We're both mad on our food so that'll make or break a holiday for us!!!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 05:33:09 PM »
You won't be disappointed.....
Sandy x

Offline LivingstonFamily

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • ThePicOfDaniella
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 06:25:11 PM »
I agree with Smiffy all of those resturants she mentioned are fab. But esepcially Kosta's we always visit more than 3 times atleast!
Julie- The Sun Soaker
Kev- The Jock
Daniella- The Terrapin Terror

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 06:45:22 PM »
Brouklis for the great atmosphere, spit roast lamb, stuffed pork roll and keftedes (not all together!!)
Thalassa for great food and the feeling that you're "going out for a meal" if you understand what I mean..
- AND all the others there!!  Never had one bad meal in Arillas!
Happy holiday!

Offline LiverpudlIAN

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 07:01:54 PM »
I wouldn't have thought it possible as I tend to prefer places where you can see the sunset, of which there are plenty in Arillas, but The Captains was our favourite.
Cheaper than the ones on the front but despite this, they don't scrimp on either quality or portion size.
On our 1st night after arriving late thanks to an unwanted tour of the island (all along the east and northern coasts) we just went to the 1st one we found, which was The Captains. I had a pork chop which was an inch thick and almost bigger than the plate.
The lovely Macedonian wine (Makedonis I think it says on the bottle) is only 6 Euros.
And the waitress and the young lad who I assume is her brother treated us to a spot of Greek dancing on the second occasion we went.
On both occaasions I was presented with a shot of the ruthless Greek spirit Tsipouro with the bill, my wife being given a shot of the Cumquat liqueur.
Lovely!

Offline jebbo

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 09:26:45 PM »
I think you have to try hard to find a bad one in Arillas. My fave's are Brouklis & Kostas on the Beach... Rainbow does some great food as well.

Jebbo

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 11:53:12 PM »
If you are food mad then definately try Thalassa.  We eat out out at least twice a week at home so i am food mad also.  I am not a big food eater but do enjoy what i eat.  For great food and a relaxed atmosphere you must try it. All the other restaurants mentioned in the above posts are great also but for that little extra special touch Thalassa is top notch.  (my opinion only)!!!

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2007, 12:24:08 AM »
It`s lovely at Thalassa. Great food, lovely hosts, relaxing atmosphere, and just to enjoy is lovely. It`s good for lunch, and in the evening you can watch the sun set. As in all the other places to dine, nothing is too much trouble. It`s a really relaxed place with chairs you don`t want to get out of.
Lindypops.

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 03:54:07 PM »
i carnt choose one.
they are all fabulous

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 04:23:08 PM »
Like Sue, I can't choose either. Always get a good meal where ever we choose to eat.

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 04:54:44 PM »
Kostas on the beach is fantastic, Thallassa, Captains and Brouklis also. They are all good you can't go wrong.

Offline annie

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 08:24:17 PM »
Where to start!!!! Portofino, Horizon, gratzella, broukalis, to mention but a few. Every wher we ate has been good. The chinese ( now closed )was great and the pizza place ( now closed) Captains was really interesting to our children. They liked the mosquito coils burning in the vines. Great meals by all

Annie

Booking.com