Author Topic: Favourite restaurants  (Read 56261 times)

Offline Diane x

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Favourite restaurants
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 10:22:56 AM »
We  liked most of the restaurants in Arillas, I only had one bad meal. Can't remember what it was it had green beans and beef in it and was swimming in red grease. Not exaggerating either !
Brouklis,Horizon,Portofino and we love the gyros from the snack bar for lunch (next to Arillas rent a car) We stayed at the Rainbow complex and they do a lovely butterbean dish, tried to make it at home but it takes sooooooo long, all that soaking etc.

Offline Fran

• Arillas regular visitor
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 11:56:49 AM »
I'm sure to be cut down in a hail of bullets for this but I have to say that this May the Thalassa really disappointed. I agree with the earlier posts that in the past the food here was really great but when we were there this year we found it was more a case of style over substance. We went twice and on both occasions found the food some what lackluster plus on the second evening on leaving we realised that we had been charged more than advertised on their board and I hadn't got any potatoes as in the description. I hope that this is a minor blip in what has always been a very nice restaurant.

That said I agree that the food thoughout Arillas is of a very high quality and you will be unlucky to have a bad meal anywhere during your stay.

Fran

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »
Hi Sinbadsgirl, I always soak our's the night before in warm water then  put them in fresh cold water in the morning tell I get in from workthen change the water again for boiling find it then takes about 3/4 of an hour. Well worth it. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Maggie

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 11:30:25 PM »
I have to agree with fran. We left thalassa the first time we visited this year. We had to wait for a table, so we had a seat and waited, but two lots of people came in and were given a table. After 45 mins, we got fed up and too hungry, so we left. When we went back later in the week, we waited ages before our order was taken, and even longer for the food to arrive. (just before we got really fed up.) Any way, the food was ok, but we didn't return. I know in the past we have enjoyed thallasa very much, but an experience like we had does put us off.(We will have forgotten by next year, so we will probably go next time).

Maggie

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 11:32:14 PM »
OOOps, forgot to say I love it at Costas on the beach!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007, 11:42:23 AM »
We love Costas, brilliant food and service...  this was the first time we had tried it this year and went back.

We went to Thalassa for a meal and was disappointed too.  A bit Gordon Blue, if you know what I mean!  Just a tad too stylish and not much of it! We didnt go back there.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline smoosh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Soon have a nice hols pic rather than work badge 1
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 12:38:49 PM »
Thanks so much for the replies everybody!  I'm sure we'll get time to check them all out in a week!  I hope so anyway!

Offline WILLIAM

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2007, 02:55:51 PM »
The best restaurant for me is Aristides. There are only 2 places where yoju can find good fish. One in Aristides in Arillas and the other is Gouvelis near the Post in Corfu.
William Butler Yeats
Arillas Lover Nr. 1
Owner of the "PsaroKotopoulos Travel & Adventure"

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2007, 03:22:09 PM »
William
Where is this "Aristides" please?
Negg

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2007, 03:25:30 PM »
You beat me to it Eggy....I was just going to ask the same question!
Sandy x

Offline WILLIAM

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2007, 03:35:40 PM »
William
Where is this "Aristides" please?
Negg

I think that Arstides is the owner of the restaurant graziella....Dimitris should help me.
William Butler Yeats
Arillas Lover Nr. 1

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2007, 03:41:51 PM »
Thanks William
Negg

Offline WILLIAM

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2007, 05:05:09 PM »
Thanks William
Negg

I'm not 100% sure...Dimistri should know better
William Butler Yeats
Arillas Lover Nr. 1

Offline ChrisJ

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2007, 10:24:54 PM »
Having just returned from our 1 week holiday we tried:

Gratsela, Thalassa, Costas, Broukalis, Vavillas

Taking the food, atmosphere and service into account, overall we would put Costas, Vavillas and Thalassa ahead of Gratsela and Broukalis.

Broukalis is the only one we would probably not go back to, as the food was average compared to the best and we were also short-changed (only by a couple of Euro though, which is probably an easy mistake).
At Gratselas the service is almost too prompt and the loos are poor, but it is good value for money and would eat there again.

Chris

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2007, 02:33:29 AM »
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy Brouklis. In 15 years I have never had a bad meal in there, and they are the kindest and most friendly people you could wish to meet. I love the atmosphere there - authentic but totally relaxed. Sometimes you have to wait a bit for your meal if they are busy - but so long as I have a glass (or two) of retisna, what does that matter. Nobody is in a rush. I'm sure if you had asked Dimitris to check your bill, he would happily have refunded your euros if he had made a mistake. I hope yoi will give it another try next time.....
Sandy x

Booking.com