Author Topic: Tria adelphia accomdation  (Read 25322 times)

Maggie

Re: Tria adelphia accomdation
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 06:27:39 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad time at Tria. We have stayed there more times than I can count, and have always had a very good experience. We have never heard any noise from the bar after we've gone in for the night, and I'm surprised to see that it was so bad for you. However, I do think you've just been unlucky. I'm sure Philip and Eleni were concerned, but they have to try to keep all the customers happy. I do hope have a nicer experience next time, and do try Arillas again, maybe at different apartments. Maggie.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 01:12:00 AM »
Poor essexgirl
did you not have a god time, life is too short to complain about a little noise
Join in and have some fun.
Im sure we will when were over for our next holiday

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 01:19:23 PM »
Essex Girl
You're right - 3 am is not acceptable behaviour.

John
Not everybody wants to join in "Fun" at this time in the morning.
No one should impose their enjoyment on others. The same way as I don't want to listen to other people's choice of loud music, in traffic or beach or appt, so don't expect them to listen to mine.

In my opinion the fault clearly lies at the feet of Manos, how the Manos rep handles it and how the holiday is advertised.
Do they say late night noise? Do they say independantly owned appts? Maybe time for a letter to them?  Match the people to the appts advertised and everyone's happy.
get it wrong and this happens.

I've met Phillipe. He's a nice guy and determined to give all a good time. He can't keep everyone happy but if the people going there knew what to expect he'd be very close to achieving that.

Our last package holiday, approx 10 years ago, was a nightmare with the same problems. We sought and got compensation. Since then we do flight only.
So don't let this one occassion put you off Arillas.
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 05:15:47 PM »
Just what I was thinking Eggy but ofcourse put much better than I would have. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline carol2

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2007, 08:49:58 PM »
We too have stayed at Tria Adelphia many times, through Manos and in their private accomodation, we have never had a bad experience there but I do sympathise with the family of essexgirl. I know what it is like having sleep disturbed on holiday & now try to avoid it at all costs. One year we were staying at other apartments in Arillas for the second time. In between our 1st & 2nd visits there they had built a pool, lovely I know but not so good when its right outside your bedroom window & the children of the host family & the cleaner are in the water screaming & shouting from 7.30 in the morning!
I didn't complain though maybe I should of made them aware of the annoyance, I know 7.30 is not quite the same as 3.30am but when your trying to sleep its still pretty vexing to say the least. I didn't let it put me off as you can tell but I would not go back to those apartments.
So essexgirl if you did enjoy Arillas then please don't let this bad experience puy you off,
Carol
Get the beers in!

Offline Tiny Dancer

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 05:57:06 PM »
We have just returned from the Tria and can't really understand all the rave reviews - the studios were cramped, the camp bed should have been condemned and the shower room belonged in a sink estate flat. The lovely Phillip and Helen both stood by without a word said, when a large group who objected to our complaint about late night noise (3am) from their teenagers in the kids play area (outside our room) - this left my son and wife in tears and they did nothing ( have since found out the group involved are long-standing clients so they clearly didn't want to upset their cash cows). Apparently going to bed at 1am with young children means we were "lightweights" and had no right to expect peace and quiet - despite the Manos brochure saying that Tria is in a rural location, family friendly and does not state that the bar is open until the last person decides they have had enough (3.45am was the record).

So stay there if you want, but expect no support when things go wrong, dodgy accomodation and all night boozers and chavs !! Pool is good though.

We were not the only ones who felt the same- many complaints were made by others - the Manos rep. could do nothing as one of the blocks is independently owned, something they do not tell you about. And yes we have been abroad an awful lot over the years - this is the only time we have ever experienced this. Suffice to say we will not be back.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 06:25:46 PM »
It is difficult when you go on holiday because people expect different things and go away for different reasons. We go to chill, relax and unwind ready to go back refreshed. We dont want to go home more tired than when we arrived so I would think having your sleep disturbed or not even being able to get to sleep must be very irritating to say the least.

I think sometimes once people have had a few drinks they forget how loud they can be and noise does carry when in the early hours of the morning when it is so quiet. 3 a.m. is  unreasonable and perhaps they could have been a bit more thoughtful for the other visitors.   I am so sorry you had such a bad experience but not all the accommodation in Arillas is like that as you can see from the reviews.  Dont let it put you off as the resort on the whole is lovely isnt it?
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 07:35:31 PM »
I can tell everyone that Phillipe at Tria is very concerned about this and wants all his customers to have a good time.

I haven't seen how Manos advertise the holiday but, at the end of the day, the behaviour of the child falls back on the responsibilty of the parent.

Negg

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 06:55:50 PM »
We have stayed at the Tria Adelphia lots of times since 1994, we are back on the 17th September and have booked for September next year, we would not keep coming back if it was as bad as has been said. Philip usually gets everyone into the inside part of the bar late at night and tries to keep the noise level down and succeeds most of the time.
I find it very hard to believe that Philip would allow any level of noise or bad behaviour to upset other guests without doing something about it, as I said, we have known the family a lot of years and they are decent people who try to help everyone.
Please note we are not 'Chavs', we maybe knocking on a bit and still like to enjoy our holidays but not at the extent of others.

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 07:58:45 PM »
It doesn`t matter where you stay,either independent or package,When you book your holiday you cant choose who your nieghbours will be....
Sometimes its a matter of tolerence...if the late noise clamour is a regular thing then I think I would be upset also..if its a one off then its possibly acceptable...
I suspect from the essexgirl posting it is the result of an accumilation of things not to there liking..probably first impression of there accomodation(I have only ever read good reports so cannot comment).
If this was the case they could have asked for a transfer?..I know in the past a couple of occasions of  people asking and getting a transfer to another hotel,without any animosity from the owners...
Also there are ways of making a complaint without antagonising the owners or other residents...its called TACT..and from some of the detrimental remarks in the posting its possible they went about it the wrong way.

Offline PAUL CONLON

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 09:16:07 PM »
Just returned from another fantastic time at the Tria Adelphi ,and am dismayed to read essex girls comments I have stayed in all Phillips accomadation and without any problems what so ever,and to read about noise of so called chavs is utter ridiculous, these where young people(British and Greek 11 to 15 year olds) who have grew up together on Holiday and meet once a year and,shock / horror like to enjoy themselves,only to be met by a torrent of foul mouth abuse by an older generation who should know better,at no point were these children left unsupervised. It seems to me that a culture of complaining is growing in the package holiday industry with an ever increasing number trying to jump on the claim bandwagon.A private villa may be more suitable in future with out a public bar and park where they do not have to interact with other holiday makers .We have to remember that these young(Arillas lovers) people growing up are the future of the resort and will no doubt in future years will return with there children.
PAUL,JOYCE AND SOPHIE
NEWCSTLE

Offline welshgirl

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 10:33:39 AM »
we have just returned from the tria adelphia apartments we had a brilliant time, as for the poor essexgirl, maybe the whole family should holiday in a villa in the middle of nowhere, that way children playing on their psp consoles(the chavs!!!!)would not disturb certain people on their holidays. cant wait to return next year.long live tria travel!!!!!!!!!!!!
SARAH MARK & JAMES XX

Offline Craige

Tria adelphia accom
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2007, 01:06:25 PM »
Hi all....first post but felt I must.

I returned from Arillas yesterday having stayed for 2 great weeks at the Tria with my wife, 4&1/2 year old son & 2 friends in the standard tour operator (MANOS) accom.  We actually had a very relaxing time and didn't have any complaints about either the accom, hosts or other residents!

The accom is the best I have stayed in during several holidays in Greece with my expectations gained from travelling the world and staying in everything from a tent in the desert to 5star luxury too! .  The aptmts were exceptionally clean, spacious and well equipped for the Greek lifestyle and the towels/bedding were changed regularly.  The main beds were very comfortable and my little boy didn't have any trouble at all sleeping for 2 weeks on the camp bed.  The bathroom was completely functional and in keeping with the Greek way of life -- shower, toilet and sink with mirror.  I don't know whatelse some people want.

The hosts are very friendly and always willing to help out where they can but they also have a business to run too.  They work extremely hard to cater for all the various needs of their guests from morning til late if thats what you want and nothing is ever too much trouble for them.  I feel some previous posts are unjustified and unfair to the hard working nature of the family.

During our stay there was a large group of regular visitors staying in the private maisonettes.  We found them all very friendly whether around the pool or in the bar.  They did have more grown up children with them than either myself or some other guests; but like everyone else staying at the Tria, the children were just out to enjoy themselves too and teenagers being teenagers it can lead to an occasional increase in noise.  I was woken once myself early one morning but turned straight over and got back to sleep.  I asked once for them to keep the volume down as my little boy had just gone to sleep and they did so.  I cannot complain about their willingness to do that, neither can I begrudge them having a good holiday too!    

Overall.....I would certainly recommend the Tria if you are after a relaxing holiday in a nice safe, family environment with great facilities. 

Craige

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2007, 03:30:25 PM »
It just sounds like a "one off" problem... its not a general thing at the T/A... all other reports for this accommodation have always been good havent they?
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2007, 04:12:29 PM »
Its the first complaint ive read about so an isolated incident i suppose.

Booking.com