Author Topic: Tria adelphia accomdation  (Read 25325 times)

Offline essexgirl

Re: Tria adelphia accomdation
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2007, 05:00:53 PM »
I do not want to get into a row over the internet about our stay at the Tria, but further to my husband's comment I'd just like to make a few more.  Yes we were disappointed with the accommodation, especially having visited friends at the Kaloudis whose room was much larger and with a new bathroom.  The bathroom at the Tria had certainly seen better days and our room could hardly be called spacious, but yes the cleaner did come every day and yes Philip and Helen are lovely people.  During our 1st week there we were even discussing coming back in May and staying in the new block, so we can't have disliked it that much!

It's just a shame that we found the noise of the teenagers during our 2nd week to be of an unacceptable level, of which we were not the only ones to think this.  I'd like to make it known that on the few occassions that I asked the kids to be quiet, even at 3 in the morning, I never once raised my voice or swore a them and I said I know they are on holiday and want to have a good time, but could they just keep the noise down a bit as the screaming and shouting and kicking of the football was echoing around our room. On our last night after the row yes voices were raised, but you could hardly call it a torrent of foul mouth abuse!  Perhaps you would like to ask the kids what it was that they were discussing in the early hours of the morning, because that was foul and I would hate to think that my son's would be using that sort of language or even know those sorts of things at the age of 13!!  I'm sure they are all decent kids, but just a little consideration from both the kids and parents would of been nice - there was a pool room and a seating area outside, near the bar that they could easily of hung around.

We understand having spoken to our Manos rep that she had received a few complaints from others staying during that week, so we were most certainly not the only ones to complain.  I would not have said anything to Paul or his friends on that last night if it wasn't for the remark from Barry about being tucked up in bed by 10.30 with no-one to keep us awake, that finally made me snap.  I'm afraid having been ill most of the 2nd week, I finally had enough and was annoyed that they found it so funny.  I never asked the kids to be silent, only that they toned the noise down, surely that is a reasonable request when you are having to share facilities with other people.  They were not the only ones on holiday. 

I understand that Philip may well be concerned about the comments made, but we feel let down that on our last day, after the row the night before and again in the morning before we left that he did not come and speak to us about it.  We were his guests also, something that he seemed to forget.

Offline kes

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2007, 05:43:39 PM »
Hmmm!!!...playng football at 3 am does seem to be a tad inconsiderate...I am suprised that it was allowed by the owners..

Offline normanthewiseman

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2007, 08:47:31 PM »
helen , phillip and yannis fantastic hosts. Tria Adelphi fantastic place. Arillas fantastic too.

Had a great holiday for the second year running, along with all the other guests.

Ref:- essexgirl. " dissapointed with accomadation, small, old cramped bathroom, noise from children " ( what next )

The world over wherever you go on holiday you meet these type of people ( professional complainers ) waiting for the rep early in the morning, just get out there and have some fun or holiday in a caravan somewhere more remote.

Offline essexgirl

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2007, 09:26:55 PM »
We did have fun on our holiday, but am I missing something - where does it say that you are only having fun if you are stuck at the bar till the early hours of the morning or happen to be making a lot of noise.  I must remember this for future reference - in order to have fun on holiday I must make sure that I drink large amounts of alcohol and make as much noise as possible to annoy the other holidaymakers.  Thanks for that.

Sorry to disappoint you, but we did not get up early every morning to see the rep, she actually came to speak to us the day before we left after seeing our comments on the form we were asked to fill out.  We had no intentions of making any more of it, we were just going to put it down to experience.  Why should we have to holiday somewhere else just because others like to make loads of noise, surely they should be the ones parked in the middle of a field in a caravan, so others don't have to listen to them!!

Offline normanthewiseman

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2007, 10:21:53 PM »
Ref:- essexgirl. " dissapointed with accomadation, small, old cramped bathroom, noise from children, guest drinking at the pool bar " ( what next )

its not a case of noisey children and drunk adults, its people relaxing and having FUN on holiday for two weeks of the year. if you don't like the banter being had by holiday makers why go to a busy resort?????

Offline essexgirl

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2007, 11:51:39 PM »
If you think that Arillas is a busy resort you need to travel a bit more, and you might be a bit more understanding if you, like us, had read the Manos description of the resort . Oh and sorry, I forgot, you were the only ones who happened to be on a relaxing 2 week holiday, how silly of me to forget. 

If I found out that my kids were keeping others awake I would be disappointed with them and at least have the common decency to discuss it with those affected, even if it was to say that we disagreed - respect for others is sadly lacking these days and reflects the society we now live in.

I think the time has come to end this on-line "discussion" - as we said earlier we will just put this down to a bad experience and a "one-off" difference of opinion. Arillas is not somewhere we will visit again, sadly, as our initial view was a good one.

We are aware that to some we have come across as boring moaners - this is simply not us at all - we just thought we had chosen a peaceful location as stated in the brochure and wanted a break from our stressful jobs. The odd night or twos disturbance is fine, but all week ? not too much to ask for a restful nights sleep is it ?

Hope the rest of you continue to enjoy the resort  - just a shame we never got the chance.

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2007, 11:30:56 AM »
The forum is here for all to give advice & help to visitors to Arillas..We all have different tastes & expectations.Opinions can be discussed without animosity creeping in.
From what I have read on the postings It seems some of the complaints are genuine.
Usually a quiet word with the owners would  have put a halt to the late night footie & the noise that went with it.Whatever went wrong cannot be corrected on this forum, but maybe it will seep back to the Owners ,as I am sure negative comments are not what they are looking for.
Sorry to here you will not be returning.but first impressions do count ...Maybe you were in the wrong place at the wrong time...I am sure if you returned to Arillas at a later date things would turn out different.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2007, 12:42:48 PM »
I think essexgirls points are valid, you shouldnt be kept awake until 3am in the morning by kids playing under your apartment, im sure it would annoy everyone on here if it was happening to them?? 

I dont consider being kept awake until 3am as 'fun', i had that when i went to Faliraki, but thats expected from that kind of resort, although i do think this incident was a one off as this is the first complaint ive read about Tria.

Arillas is not what i would class as a busy resort either, yes it has a lot of visitors but its more of a family busy resort, not laden down with drunken behaviour etc.

Im just sorry that you will not be visiting Arillas again, its a shame this incident has put you off, i must say though that not everywhere will be the same where you stay.

Did you enjoy the resort as a whole, the beach, restaurants, bars etc??

Also i dont think people should be had a go at for voicing their opinion of their holiday whether its good, bad or indifferent.  I know we all love Arillas on here but everyone is entitled to have their say and we should respect that.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2007, 12:59:55 PM »
I completely agree with you Smiffy BUT when you voice a valid complaint, if you choose your words rather more carefully, you may get more support.  Use of the word 'chavs' and 'drunks' just gets your back up - remember we had this last year with Stokiesam?  It's not necessary to make such personal comments about people who do love the Tria and Arillas.  Most of us on here were not even there when this happened so it's not fair to assume we are all the same.  And anyway if loving Arillas makes you a chav and a drunk, I'm not bothered, I'll be both!!
Cheryl O

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2007, 02:13:44 PM »
Oh i mustve missed that then, i didnt see the name calling, think ive missed a post somewhere!

Yes an opinion should be made without resorting to namecalling etc, the opinion of the situation is necessary not personal opinions of the people involved.

Offline essexgirl

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2007, 04:50:38 PM »
The references that have been made were not directed to others that visit Arillas or the Tria, simply about the people who basically ruined the last week of our holiday.  Obviously we wish we had dealt with the whole incident differently, but we thought that they may of been reasonable people who would consider others. 

As for the resort as a whole it was great for a family holiday.  The beach is lovely, although the sea could of done with being a little warmer, but it's kept very clean.  Some lovely restaurants, especially the Captains and Brouklis (sorry if I've spelt it wrong).  We also had same lovely breakfasts at the Rainbow, the guys are great there.  "Hello Darlings" - "OOOhhh yesss", I'm sure you've all heard that a few times if you've visited them.

Maybe in time we will forget our bad experience and give it another go, but not for the forseeable future.

Happy holidays to the rest of you.

Offline welshgirl

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2007, 06:04:52 PM »
mmm im confused! football until 3 in the morning, that didn't happen i can assure all you readers, im just not convinced that children playing their psp's while sitting on sun beds can make so much noise i sat outside of the bar to make sure that the children were not making any noise, i think that the crickets made more noise.however there was foul mouth words used and not by the children.we have never upset anyone at the apartments before and nor do we ever wish to we think far to much of the gianiottis family for that. can't wait until our next visit.

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2007, 07:35:46 PM »
Hello Everyone
Being one of those slightly invisible forum members , like Norman who only has 2 posts, you have to class me as someone who enjoys reading topics but has very little to say.
Sometimes I do get silly after a drink and post nonsense - sorry.

Reading this I have to say isn't it about time :------
TO KNOCK IN ON THE HEAD.
I see a family who didn't enjoy the holiday, a few heated words, and other names mentioned.
I see all points of view agreed with,disagreed with, and with some for and some against.
I see some heated comments and maybe words used which will antognise others.
But written at the time were not meant to antognise. We all can do this.

An open forum is a good idea and even Arillas will have some critiscism.
Maybe enough is enough on this one and I hope all people will learn from it.

World wars have started on less

"Essexgirl" - I wish you a very good next holiday which gives to you and family everything you need to relax and enjoy, what I'm sure will be a well earned break.

My very best wishes to everyone. I will now enjoy other topics and learn from them.
Tellis

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2007, 07:50:55 PM »
Well said Telli,
I agree with you and also with all the others!!  (;

Dimitris
Dimitris Kourkoulos