Author Topic: Vavilas fish restaurant  (Read 7938 times)

Offline nicmccluskey

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: Vavilas fish restaurant
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 11:55:13 AM »
Thanks for the info on Vavilas. We too also thought it was never open as we never saw anyone in it. Might have to try it in August. Yammas!

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 12:05:20 PM »
I have to admit i have not seen this restaurant!

Offline Manda

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 12:48:38 PM »
Bit twilight zoneish this! My mum only mentioned yesterday about Thomas' fish restaurant, and the fact that she hasn't yet tried it in the 4 years she's been going to Arillas. So, after all you lovely people have said about the place, guess where we'll be visiting for a freshly caught fish dish? 17 more sleeps!!

:-)

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 03:22:40 PM »
I cant believe all of you arillas addicts/experts havent been to vavilas before i truly am shocked,but there again we were a bit unsure at first but we went there on our first to arillas 4 years ago and keep going back,thomas & family are so lovely and welcome us every year we go there, there used to be a few old uns that used to sit there they havent been there for a couple of years we dont like to ask where they are  we feel thats a bit rude. There again theres a few more places further up the road that we havent been in, maybe we should give them a go and let you all know what there like?   

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2007, 04:03:59 PM »
must try this resturant
not keen on fish but do like chicken
i like fish if there is no bones

Offline M n M

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 07:42:35 PM »
When Thomas first opened in 1992 we were there for the opening night, and what a night it was. It picked up the nickname of 'Fawlty Towers', this was only due to the irregular but happy service. The food has always been first class and I always just ask Thomas for some food and leave the decision as to what I eat to him, he has never let me down.We have eaten there over 40 times and look forward to meeting all the family again in September.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 10:29:50 PM »
Exactly. He`s very well accustomed to helping peeps decide. A very good memory, and a lovely surprise every time. We have always had a lovely time there. Can`t wait to go again.
Lindypops.

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 01:33:04 AM »
brilliant posts about lovely Thomas and his restaurant hope that he has lots of business this year....he deserves it!
gaygo

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2007, 11:13:00 PM »
We have been there a few times and went last week. It was a lovely meal, starters, sea bream cooked beautifully and a gorgeous cheesecake,  large carafe of wine and all for 31 euros for three of us!  Excellent!  You cant get that sort of meal in the UK for that with wonderful surroundings as well.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 02:29:25 PM »
That sounds great and so cheap, hope to have a meal there in September. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 10:54:55 AM »
Hi, just returned from Arillas on Monday 16th. First visit, went to Vavilas after reading reviews on here.  Ate there 3 times!  Delicious food, wonderful people, they go and pick up mama to do the cooking.  Ridiculously cheap, my partner doesnt normally eat fish, but he had the sea bream once and the fish medley another night and loved it.  I had the swordfish, to die for!!  They make their own wine which is wonderful.  2 three course meals, 2 large carafes of wine, 26 euros.  Very friendly, billy told thomas he likes sea fishing and thomas immediately invited billy to join him on a trip.  It is a must to eat here.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 01:38:22 PM »
As I mentioned before it is such good value and we liked the wine too, very light and drinkable....

We did laugh though because we heard that one day they didnt go fishing because of the weather so didnt have a big selection, no fish platter, only SEA BREAM and plenty of it!  There was nothing but sea bream but it is always very delicious.  One lady we met had Dragon Fish whatever that is, so I suppose it is whatever they can catch they cook.

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 06:53:26 PM »
Dragon fish is one ugly creature of a fish but it is cooked in chilli, it comes in three heats, medium hot, hot and very hot. I had the medium hot and it was fantastic with boiled potatoes. Thomas will tell you about the chilli and heat of the dish if you ask for the Dragon fish.
Try it, Mick

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 07:20:18 PM »
We loved the potatoes there, dont know what he does with them but we could have eaten a whole bowl full.  I think the bone structure of the fish is very different from others which is why the lady we spoke to wondered what it was.

Booking.com