Author Topic: Thought I'd say hello! (kitesurfing question as well!)  (Read 4702 times)

Offline RAB2000

Thought I'd say hello! (kitesurfing question as well!)
« on: June 27, 2007, 03:19:43 PM »
Hi

My brother (Sam) and I are heading out to Arillas on 7 July for a week.  We can't wait!  We're going to bring kitesurfing gear.  We were out in Corfu in March and had a look round the island for potential places.  Most likely was on the north coast and also further down the west coast.  Has anyone seen any kitesurfing in Arillas?  I have heard that some Germans have kitesurfed in Agios Georges.

My parents (Adrian & Fiona) have been to Arillas many times and know quite a few locals so hopefully we'll get to meet you/them!  We're staying at Anna Studios which should be nice.

Our family is building a property in Afionas (between Arillas and Agios Georges) but not much has happened yet.  So we've got a few things to sort out on that as well but hopefully this is going to be very relaxing hol.

If you see us flying kites on Arillas (not that likely as the beach is quite narrow) come over and say hi!

Rob

ps, excellent website Dimitris - I know my parents have eaten in your Brouklis restaurant quite a few times so I'm sure we'll see you there.

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Thought I'd say hello! (kitesurfing question as well!)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 03:39:04 PM »
Hi Rob,

Well I know absolutely nothing about kitesurfing but though I'd say hello to you too :-)

I'm quite sure someone will be along shortly with the information you are seeking.

Have a fantastic holiday.  When you come home please tell us how your kitesurfing in Arillas experience went.

Best wishes to your parents with their house build project.

Happy holidays,

Eileen.

Offline Marika

• Forum Fanatic
  • With love!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 04:30:47 PM »
Hi!
Yes, last year in September, I saw one man kitesurfing!
But I think he had not so much wind, because it looked not very good!
He tryed a lot of times, but.....he could not come out of the water for jumps, ....!
Have nice holidays!
Marika

www.marika75.webs.com

Offline RAB2000

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 12:03:20 AM »
Thanks for the replies.....

Well we may give Arillas a go but not really expecting much success.  I'm sure we'll provide plenty of beach entertainment trying!  We've got a hire car so we'll probably spend most of the time driving round the island chasing wind. 

Rob

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 11:13:31 AM »
As long as you dont 'pass' it too often then chasing it should be fine ;-) !!

Have fun in Arillas and enjoy the kitesurfing, im sure you'll have quite an audience on the beach!!

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 11:18:25 AM »
You should visit San Stefanos beach that is quite wide and so is Agious Georgios.  They are both near Arillas.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 11:46:14 AM »
Ooh Smiffy what are you like!  Nearly as bad as me!
Cheryl O

Offline RAB2000

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 03:31:14 PM »
Hi

Got back from a great week in Arillas on Saturday.

Very well looked after by Anna and her family up at Annas Studios.

We got a little bit of kiting done but not in Arillas. Went down south to Halikounus (sp.!) and on the north coast at Acharavi.  Next time we'll be more off season when there's more wind and less people on the beaches.  If anyone wants to know more let me know!

Great food in Arillas.  Went to about 5 different places all good.  Went twice to Brouklis, met Dimitris (hi!) which was great.  The fried sardines were incredible!

Might well make it back out there later this year, otherwise will be out next year.  My parents Adrian & Fiona will be there in Sept this year anyway, they love it.

Cheers

Rob

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 01:47:23 PM »
Now that is one place I wouldnt mind living, Afionas is so pretty and has wonderful views..

totally agree about Dimitri's sardines... wonderful, I had them the first time for lunch then for a meze to share and they were huge and very tasty.

I dont think  we saw anyone kite surfing (only in the UK so far) in Arillas but some windsurfing and they seem to "take off" it was so windy.  Bit hair raising for me!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com