Author Topic: Who is telling the truth  (Read 8139 times)

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Who is telling the truth
« on: May 20, 2007, 06:25:57 PM »
Hi everyone,

We have been going to Arillas for the last 4 years and I always check the 5 day forecast before we go. During the first couple of years it stated that it would be approx 33 - 35 degrees, but when we got there it always felt hotter.
Last year I took a thermometer and it reached 50 degrees.
I have just read on a recent post that on May 12th the temp was expected to be 28 degrees when in fact it was 38. [We where in Arillas on the 12th].
Do you think this is done on purpose just incase the real temperature would put people off.

Janine + John     

Offline terryjj

Re: Who is telling the truth
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 06:39:54 PM »
are you putting the thermometer in the shad ewhen taking the temperature?

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 06:49:44 PM »
Hi terryjj,

When it reached 50 degrees the thermometer was under a table in Corfu town and last week it was under a table by the pool.

Janine + John

Offline voni

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 07:07:36 PM »
Thanks for your posting!!!!  Its just interrupted a debate I was having with my hubby about what clothes to take on holiday ( the weather reports on the Weather Channel tells me that it will be sunny then rain, showers, warm, a bit warmer then rain again!!)  I now know that I can't really trust the long range weather forcast!!
Just to help me a bit.....when you were there was it just warm......or was it hot?  Can you get away with wearing strappy tops in the day, or do you have to cover up a bit?  Its our first time abroad at this time of year and we've never been to Arillas but are SO excited to come after reading everyone's postings on this site!!

Voni

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »
Hi Voni,

Hot during the day, cool at night.

Have a good one.

Janine + John

Offline voni

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 07:39:33 PM »
Thanks Janine and John, I'm sure we'll have a good time....I just can't wait!!!!

Voni

Offline eve

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 08:16:38 PM »
We have had a fortnight of DIRE weather and when I say dire I mean 2 whole weeks of whatever the elements wanted to throw at us, so make sure you pack humour! but usually it is lovely during the day hi 70s, but it can drop chilly and damp at night. have a great time whatever the weather, we will!!!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 09:23:16 PM »
Eve - were you there in May 2004? I went for the first three weeks of the season and as you say, it was dire. I only got to the beach once, it rained relentlessly and I was absolutely frozen - I had to light the gas stove in my studio to keep warm and buy more clothes from Yota....I am going tomorrow and have read such different reports. I still can't make up my mind what to pack!!!
Sandy x

Offline eve

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 09:43:06 PM »
CORRECT and the September was not much better! Ha. Ha. I take a hot water bottle for the bed and the hair dryer for my body! I was soooo cold! I too have been following the forecast, taking a few long sleeves, long skirt and tights! do'nt laugh but the other half complains if i am cold, meanie! Hey you were lucky we lost all power so when I say I was freezing I mean it!! I thought I was dead. Ha. Ha. Got brolly packed and hoping will not need it. Just praying for a good flight. Have a good time, might see you there.

Offline Hels Bels

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 03:56:07 PM »
We were there last week and it was hot hot, heat rash hot but night time was definately cardigan or light jacket weather. Also morning chilly in the shade (bit obvious really), a bit cool to sit on the balcony if you were an early riser. When I say cool, I'm too bone idle to get dressed for the balcony and then get dressed to go out for the day, so jim jams are a bit cool for balcony.

Offline eve

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 04:25:53 PM »
I have been onto 2 sites and talk about different! I have packed unpacked and repacked! I have just sat down after hours of what if this and that! weighed cases and they seem o.k. so that is it! But I do hope the google forcast is true! Oh no horror forgot to pack my lightweight dressing gown, oh cannot be bothered, will just have bear my early morning coffee on the balcony (PLEASE) without it. This time tommorrow should be in resort.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 04:29:46 PM »
When you look at the weather forecasts for Corfu the temperature is taken form the airport in Corfu Town which is often much cooler and cloudier than the north west of the island. How many times have you been in Arillas and looked over the mountains at all the dark clouds that passed over and settled over in that direction. Always add a few degrees onto the temperature shown on websites for Arillas, the temp feed we get here is always different to the one located in my Mum’s house.

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 06:13:08 PM »
Hi Joe,

Makes a bit more sense knowing that.

Thanks

Janine + John

Offline terryjj

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 06:35:17 PM »
hi john b.suggest put thermometer in the sun and you get under the table!

Offline eve

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 06:37:59 PM »
Hi yes you are right! All I worry about is the flight aspect. And yes it would be nice to see the sun again and get out and about, but to be away is good to be back "home"

Booking.com