Author Topic: When in Greece  (Read 17854 times)

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
When in Greece
« on: May 17, 2007, 11:25:14 PM »
Over the last week there have been people asking about cider avaiability and now guinness . Do people not travel anymore to try the LOCAL fare and drinks . What is there thats so wrong with Mythos , Amstel or even Ouzo . All I am trying to say is enjoy where you are and try local , you never know you might find something you like.

Cheers Dave

Offline alyvin

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: When in Greece
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 12:25:46 AM »
Ouzo with fanta lemon is lovely. I know fanta lemon isn't greek but I'm half way there!

Online Hels Bels

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 10:52:42 AM »
The cocktails are very nice, but too many of them and you do regret it in the morning, that's why sometimes its nice to rely on good old faithful's (at least you know how many you can handle). Try a bit of everything I say!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 10:55:27 AM »
I love ouzo and lemonade... the lemonade is very different in Greece..  its lovely on its own too.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 11:17:59 AM »
Totally agree.  The hours are ticking down now Smiffy! 

I sorted out my wardrobe yesterday and put all the stuff I would like to take with me in a plastic hanger -  probably wont be able to take all of it.  Then I had a look at the hand luggage bags... I never seem to really crack it each year and think of having to buy another bag!  I have so many to choose from.  Lynda and I were saying how things have become smaller now so dont take up much space, like cameras and videos, MP3 players, although I do take speakers for that and Mike likes his DVD player for some R and R... I dont even have to take a kettle like we used to, and my hair drier is very small so I dont think I need such a big bag for hand luggage this year.  Cant you see I am getting a tad excited...!  I cant stop typing!!!!!!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 01:32:18 PM »
I agree with the first post. Surely the point of going abroad is to experience new things, not just do the same as you would at home with a bit of extra sunshine.
I hate going to places abroad that are over run with English pubs and English breakfasts!

That's a good point about hand luggage. What are the restrictions now.
Infact I think that needs a new topic about it :)

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 01:43:56 PM »
In the evenings I am a wine drinker but during the day its either water or fanta orange.  I agree the fanta is totally different over their its not so fizzy and tastes alot better than at home!

Have exhausted ouzo several years ago until i was sick on it.  Im like that with most drinks.  Have a favourite, drink it until i'm ill and then cant even bare the smell of it and have to move onto the next one and then repeat the process!!

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 01:48:20 PM »
I did that with Ouzo, I can't even drink pernod now and it used to be my fave drink with blackcurrent.
amanda

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 01:55:12 PM »
I love ouzo, it's one of my favourite drinks!  (Although there's not much I don't drink, if you know what I mean) 
;)
lynn

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 02:10:03 PM »
I'm like that with wine - managed to get to 33 before being sick with it (nothing at all to do with the full jar of pickled onions consumed at the same time!!).  Can't stand the stuff now but still eat onions!

I love trying all the new things in Corfu - everything just tastes so lovely especially with a Mythos.  Am a bit scared of trying the eggs anywhere tho cos I hate 'snotty' ones!
Cheryl O

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 02:13:14 PM »
I'm like that with wine - managed to get to 33 before being sick with it

Hi Cheryl2307
Is that 33 glasses of wine, 33 bottles of wine or just aged 33.  Ah Ah
amanda

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 02:17:13 PM »
Sorry - age 33!!  But probably drank three bottles in less than three hours sitting in the sunshine which doesn't help!  Was very, very ashamed of myself.  Not telling where it happened!!
Cheryl O

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 03:03:38 PM »
Hi all

we drink mythos during the day nice and cold and at night wine with our dinner egg and chips and on sunday a sunday roast humm haha

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 03:26:13 PM »
Blimey Cheryl I thought you meant 33 glasses of wine.  Im glad you meant age 33. Not good too much wine and sun!

Come to think of it I think pernod and black was the first achoholic drink I was ill on - its all gone down hill from then!

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2007, 06:48:02 PM »
I also think though a lot of people do like to have the taste of home whilst they are away it makes you appreciate things even more, which is better having a pint of cider in a grotty smoke filled pub or outside watching the sun go down over the sea in Arillas?

I mix and match, I love my full English in the morning but tend to go for a local dish in the evening. Drink wise, it’s usually whatever is cheapest or a nice Greek wine of which there are now many :)

Booking.com