Author Topic: Weather Today  (Read 35421 times)

Offline alyvin

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Weather Today
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 12:37:37 AM »
You just have to check a few different weather websites, can always find one forecast that you like.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 10:25:40 AM »
Haha thanx Rugbymad, im also quite intrigued to know what that dance looks like :-D !

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 04:21:21 PM »
Just looked at the webcam pictures from the last hour, it look like the heavens opened in Arillas not that long ago, you can see the road is dry in one of the pics then it goes darker as its got wet!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2007, 12:09:16 PM »
Smiffy is going to have a huge shock when she gets back today -  the weather here has been horrible at Gatwick - where she lands today... I hope she doesnt get too depressed when she sees it.  What on earth is going on with all this rain?  Its a typical bank holiday monday. :(
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Janina C

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2007, 01:06:19 PM »
Blondegirl

I think smiffy would get wet in either place judging by the webcam photos in Arillas. Looks very wild and wet today. Just hope it doesn't last too long for those who are already there.

Janina
Janina

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2007, 04:11:12 PM »
Here in London it has been raining non stop for the past 24 hours and looks like it will never end :(

And yes, Smiffy will be cold and freezing in Gatwick with this chilly wind from the north.
Life is good ;)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 01:38:58 AM »
I landed at Gatwick at 6.30 this evening and it was 7 degrees. It rained most of the morning in Arillas and remained overcast but overall, the weather in the last week has been a lot better than was predicted. There were huge storms in Corfu town last Thursday which Arillas seemed to miss, but other than today and a bit of cloud yesterday afternoon, it has been very pleasanrt. A lot of the flights were delayed today and the poor people going to Glasgow ended up spending the night in hotels iin Corfu Town. Due to weather, one flight was diverted to Athens and another to Brindisi. We were lucky -by the time we went the weather had improved.

Met Smiffy in Brouklis on Wednesday where we both ate spit roasted lamb - I'm sure she'll give a full report and I noticed she was back there last night so did you have the lamb again Smiffy?
Sandy x

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 02:14:25 PM »
Oh yes i did, mmm mmm mmm!!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2007, 12:59:58 AM »
Just seen the temperature for today.... 87 degrees.... it's a scorcher!  I dont know whether I can stand it that hot when we go in 8 days time...  I think I can make an exception though, will just have to drink more, swim more, sleep more, drink, swim, sleep  - - oh it could get so boring... LOL

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2007, 11:46:10 AM »
It will be hot when you go Sue.  If you get too hot just put your head in the shade when sunbathing.  I normally have a couple of hours trying to get my face brown then put my head in the shade.

I cannot sunbathe like i used to - it must be an age thing ;).

You forgot to mention food!!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2007, 01:20:32 PM »
I didnt forget to mention food! I try not to think of it.. LOL .... Its just that I dont feel so hungry when its so hot but then I get a whiff of the food with the herbs and olive oil and I cant wait to try everything!

I think its an age thing (for me too)... I always say I am not going to spend too much time in the sun then you cant get me out of it... but I have put more weight on from last year so will feel the heat more I think this time. Anyway,  whatever, it will be loads more better being there than here in Surrey at the moment, its pouring with rain AGAIN!

Our summers seem to be shorter and shorter now, and when they do come they are very intense.  Where on earth has the sun got to in the UK, its rained so much lately.  I always feel sorry for people who have booked their holidays in the UK and then it rains all the time.. it is so depressing as there are some lovely places to visit in the UK and much of it depends on the weather. And those poor people in the North with all the flooding, it happens every year somewhere that there are flash floods and causes misery its very sad.

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2007, 01:41:37 PM »
I seem to eat more in the summer than I do in the winter and even more on holiday.  Luckily i have got a high metabolism.

I know what you mean about the weather it is so depressing and I feel so sorry for people who holiday in the UK, especially as it takes longer to get anywhere driving than just a couple of hours on the plane to sunny Corfu!

I thought we were supposed to have a good summer this year - or was it just April. ;)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2007, 04:46:11 PM »
'The summer months' dont apply anymore, the weather in June has been terrible, as you said Sarah the weather in April was so hot when we normally get 'April showers' and now June is raining all the time.

But you also have to remember Wimbledon is upon us, and it always rains when Wimbledon is on!

The weather in Arillas looks fab doesnt it, not long now Sue!

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2007, 04:56:52 PM »
The weather looks great - i am so jealous i want to back :'(  The more you go the more you want to go!  if you know what i mean!

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2007, 04:59:12 PM »
......The more you go the more you want to go!  if you know what i mean!

....know what you mean there Shuey :-) :-) :-)

Eileenxx

Booking.com