Author Topic: Kaloudis  (Read 30858 times)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
Re: Kaloudis
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2007, 06:21:16 PM »
Sounds more like the story for Arilla Inn restaurant not Kaloudis, wires crossed somewhere obviously.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2007, 08:44:21 PM »
It sure doe's, so pleased I didn't mention it to anybody before and have anybody panicking or worrying before there holidays for no reason. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline nikki

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2007, 11:31:47 PM »
Christina said that she would never come back after she finished uni anyway!!!
:)

Offline nikki

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2007, 11:35:01 PM »
But doesn't bother me wether Billy is running it or

Ant and Dec as long as i have a fun filled holiday

Offline Mike W

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2007, 11:59:18 PM »
do i take it only Billy and Helen have retired, but Roula and Christos are still running their part of Kaloudis, i can,t imagine the place being the same without Billy and Helen we are staying there September again ,and looking forward to meeting the new owners hope they are half as good.

Mike

Offline LivingstonFamily

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • ThePicOfDaniella
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2007, 01:26:20 PM »
Yes Christoph and Rula are still there running the shop and their appartments.

We knows this because we had booked for Rulas appartments this year but at the time there were only 3 of us going but there are two bedrooms, one with a double bed and one with two singles and we thought that it would be good if i could take a friend seen as we had the space.

So my mum rang or emailed im not sure, she got in contact with Rula somehow hehe and just told her that we had an extra coming with us this year and Rula was delighted and exited to see evreyone!
Julie- The Sun Soaker
Kev- The Jock
Daniella- The Terrapin Terror

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2007, 05:15:29 PM »
We saw Billy many times during both the day and evening when we were there in May/June. He was always working (made us feel very lazy, but - hey ho!)
Two guys ran the pool bar - (Billy/Willy and Jimmy) if I remember correctly. Everything was very well run - assumed it was under the guidance of Billy. We were in an apartment underneath Billy's - the only problem we had was with ants. I told Billy and he said "what number". I'd had a few to drink (!) and thought he'd asked how many ants, so I said "oh, quite a lot" Anyway, he organised for it to be sorted and they left sprays for us, so all turned out OK

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2007, 07:12:47 PM »
Are you sure you are not getting confused with the Arillas Inn Viv?

Tracey

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2007, 09:12:55 PM »
I have just spoken to the person that told me, and she says she may have been confused. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Shelly

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2007, 11:41:05 AM »
My hubby and I are thinking of going to the Kaloudis apartments in October (either here or Theo's in Agios Gergios North).
We've never been to vorfu or any of the Greek islands and are not sure what to expect. We like lots of walikgn, I like shopping hehe and am not too bothered about the weather but would be nice if it doesn't rain toomuch!
Do you recommend the kaloudis or should we go to the other place?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2007, 12:00:58 PM »
Shelly
It depends what you're  looking for in an appt really. Are there just the two of you and if so do you want somewhere more family orientated?? We loved the Rainbow when we came over,many years aggo, with the younguns but the last few years , once they left the nest we stayed somewhere quieter.
Horizon seem to offer very good deals now and are right on the beach. Kaloudis has very good reports but, could be more for families.
If it's just a base you need then think about flight only. You will have numerous private bookings to choose from.
I'm sure you will get a lot more advice.
Best Wishes.
Negg

Offline Wendy n Stu

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2007, 01:40:34 PM »
We stayed at the Kaloudis, it's right at the end of the coastal road.  The apts are very spacious and very clean.  Lovely pool and bar area serving nice food and the family were most welcoming.  Good supermarket on site too.  However, we did find when it was school hols that the pool area got very busy with families and to be honest it wasn't very peaceful whilst sunbathing.  It's really close to the beach though so we just used to pick the preferred spot each day and go for it.  We have also stayed at the Marina, both in the hotel (you can book private and ask for the front rooms with huge balcony overlooking the sea - wonderful) or the apartments across the road.  The Horizon is very nice although we found it a bit more pricey than the others.  We have also stayed with Dimitris above Brouklis and had a great time.  We stayed at the Arillas Bay and again, a huge room but we found the standard of cleanliness poor at the time, both in the apt and by the pool.  May have improved since to be fair.  It's always just the two of us and there is plenty to choose from, both private and package deals.  This year, for the first time, we stayed at Bardis Sun Studios.  It was perfect for us in every way.  Spotlessly clean, really quiet so you could sleep well, everything you needed on tap.  Great bar area, lovely food and immaculate pool area.  Very quiet in day, mainly couples and the family that run it are wonderful.  Firm friends forever.  Also, believe it or not, the cheapest holiday we have ever found in Arillas.  www.corfuescape.com.  Definitely recommend it although you won't be unhappy wherever you stay. 

Offline annie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2007, 03:53:57 PM »
Fantastic holiday yet again. It was lovely to see Roula and Christos again. They always make us feel welcome. Billy has retired but is still very visable. He is in the bar most nights and looks after the unbrellas on windy days!!!!. Place is still run very well and i would recommend it to anybody thinking of going to Arillas. We think it has the best pool.

Offline suesuttt7

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2007, 12:06:11 AM »
going to stay in kaloudis arpt at end of month wot were they like .  did u enjoy arilas we are going back for second time . stayed in horizon but cant afford it this time .cant wait counting days now

Offline nikki

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2007, 11:28:40 AM »
Hi Sue

Kaloudis is a lovley place to stay ans i always thoroughly enjoy it there.

Kaloudis isn't quite as modern as Horison, but i don't think that really matters as long as it is clean and safe. Which it is.

But kaloudis definately has the better pool.

I also find the people that work in Kaloudis are alot more friendly than Horison.

When do you go?

I wish i was going too!!

Have a good time and enjoy yourself.

Booking.com