Author Topic: Blog??  (Read 6284 times)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
Blog??
« on: April 25, 2007, 04:53:21 PM »
I was just wondering what writing a blog is, what you write, when you write it etc, anyone know???

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
Re: Blog??
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 05:46:26 PM »
Its short for Web-log and in its simplest form its an online diary that you share with others, for example if you went to Corfu for a week and wrote about what you did each day and then published this to the net, that would be a Blog. Similarly you could do a weekly one on any subject you fancy, its very open-ended, just about the only rules are that you publish on line and there are many sites such as Blogspot which give you all the tools you need for free.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 06:10:09 PM »
So when i go away and then i get back and want to share my holiday i write it in there and not on the forum??

Sorry if im being a tad blonde :-D !!

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 06:14:52 PM »
A forum is an online message board whereas a Blog is your own personal online diary, the best way to share it with people on here is to host one elsewhere and link to it in one of you posts, or instead of your ticker create a signature with a link to "Your Blog" in it and it will then be displayed at the bottom of all your posts much like Eileen does with her photo’s.
:)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 06:17:44 PM »
Oh i see, i shall give that a bash then!

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 09:04:26 PM »
well Smiffy at least you had the sence to ask, I didnt went onto Arillas blogs and wrote in there, it looks like its been written by the administrater and its not meant to be there. Hope it can be got rid of, then I might have a go later. Please please please can we have the spell check back. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 11:50:36 AM »
I've got a blog - admittedly I've not updated it in a long time but feel feel to have a little look.

http://lozicle.livejournal.com

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 12:55:27 PM »
Yep, I have one too and it is a good outlet for minor and major irritations and the nice stuff in life.

http://karelianblonde.blogspot.com/

Life is good ;)

Offline suzanne simcox

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 01:46:06 PM »
Hi Eeg, just had a look at your blog, and had a good laugh about dog and cat, plus mouse, ;) Regards Suzanne

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 06:00:44 PM »
Yep, it is funny, unfortunately I am not the author just the publisher :)
Life is good ;)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2007, 01:21:18 AM »
I was browsing travel sites some time ago and came across blogs for travellers which is very handy if you have sons or daughters doing the "world Tours".  this means that if they can get to a internet cafe they can log on and write their diary for the day or week and you can follow it and keep track of where they are and where they are going.  I thought it was quite a good idea for knowing where your kids might be in the world.  Some had even added photos too.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 12:01:51 PM »
Hi all

well done smiffy i did not have a clue what a blog was why not call a blog a online diary it would be more sense to understad it must be me and my age and new technology!!

kevin

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 12:16:03 PM »
I know, i must be a bit out of sorts with the computer lingo myself, im one of those that has to ask even if it does make me sound abit ditzy haha!!

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 02:37:25 PM »
It gives us all a funky new verb to use in our sentances....Lets all do some blogging.

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 09:48:35 PM »
Well I didn't know what constituted a blog either!!!  Had a message in small talke and didn't know how to reply to it, so blogged instead (is that the proper verb??_
Now I know to scroll down on Small Talk and type in a quick message then click on SHOUT

Booking.com