Author Topic: waves?  (Read 6636 times)

Offline jersey steve

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
waves?
« on: April 02, 2007, 01:25:52 AM »
Hello all

When I was in Arillas there were often big waves in the sea, , Can you please tell me is there usually waves or was it just freak weather as my son likes to boogy board?

Regards Steve
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
Re: waves?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 01:13:51 PM »
The last few times I have been to Arillas the waves have been quite rough, not sure if its enough for you son's needs. When I visit my mum we often head out to the Sunset Beach in Peroulades, its one of my favourite spots and the waves here are always quite big, easily knocked me off my feet the last time I was there and best of all its only about 5-10 minutes drive away along the road to Sidari.

Website here

Offline jersey steve

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 10:23:52 PM »
Thanks Joe

Can you get there without a car?

Also can you book the Mirage through Thomas Cook?

regards Steve
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 12:16:06 PM »
Yes you can, but it may be a little hard going on hot days I would guess about 30 - 40 mins, I'm lazy so I got a scooter :-) Fortunately Sidari is only about 15-20 minutes further along so instead of walking back go to Sidari, chill out for a while (Sidari is a little like my best friend, great in small controlled doses but I couldn't live with him) and then get a taxi back for about €,14 the taxi rank is right on the main street.

Thomas Cook has all 8 rooms at the Mirage, I went last year and its very very nice and modern, Nikos and Angela are great hosts and make you feel very welcome, the food is also very nice. Quickly checking on the screens the predicted prices are about £250 - £300 per person for a week there (about what I paid), when you book you will be given the fluid price which is affected by demand but 9 times out of 10 it will be cheaper. £300 per person including flights and transfers is good value for that accommodation, early June and late September will have very good prices, October can be expensive, as flight availability becomes an issue. Just noticed we are selling rooms at the Bardis Sun on behalf of Thompson’s, prices are starting at around £480 per person per week, how can they justify that, no reflection on the Bardis, but we sell 1 week Cancun’s for £475?

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 02:12:18 PM »
I think its terrible what theyre charging for the Bardis Hotel!!  Its a lovely place to stay but they are just charging astronomical prices, so unreasonable.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 03:29:28 PM »
I should read things more clearly its actually Bed and Breakfast, still £150 - £200 extra just for brekkie seems a bit severe, I hope its all you can eat.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 04:05:03 PM »
Yes it is B&B when you stay there and no the breakfasts are not 'all you can eat'!  As you say you can fly to Cancun for that money!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 10:53:34 AM »
We have paid almost that amount for 2 people for two weeks at the Bardis Sun Studios for June this year!  I know its SC but if you paid for breakfast in the restaurants it would still be cheaper!  If the Hotel is going to be lovely and comfortable and special then you dont mind paying a bit more but that seems extortionate!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 09:33:03 PM »
I doubt its the hotels fault, Thompson will be charging as much as they can get away with, it'll be worth checking in a month or 2 to see if they have reduced their prices.

Booking.com