Author Topic: Hotel Marvel  (Read 9976 times)

Offline SteveS

Hotel Marvel
« on: March 31, 2007, 05:59:03 PM »
Hi off to the Hotel Marvel in A few wks does any one have an up to date review on it as the ones ive read are from 2005 also any tips of where to eat & have a drink.
Thanks

Steve

Offline kes

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
Re: Hotel Marvel
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 08:56:44 PM »
Hi steve,
stayed twice last year,May & Oct..If you have read the older reviews then it is much the same,Clean spacious,nice pool area & decent rooms.
there is plenty of choice for eating out,and you can`t realy go wrong,
`Thallasa `on the front (open during the day for that essentail slurp)has good food,moody music and you can watch the sun sets,
Arillas Inn,also good food & atmosphere
`Brouklis`(you will pass it on the way to the beach) is original Greek food(no chips or roast beef dinners).
There is a chinese resteraunt & a pitsa resteraunt.+ others
There is the `Captains `just over from the Marvel who do spit roasts & grills again gereat value
You will find lots of choice and ecellent value.
any specific questions please ask.
Kes

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 01:02:58 PM »
Apart from all the nice ones mentioned, especially on the sea front with the sea breeze as well we visited the Captains many times opposite the Marvel!  They do a full english breakfast to die for!  Especially good after a nice early long walk. Their mousakka is brilliant and just melts in your mouth.  I dont usually bother with that on holiday but this is something else and I cant wait to go back in June and see them all again and try it all over again.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline SteveS

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 10:47:31 PM »
Thanks for that Info Kes & Blondegirl some of the reviews say it takes 4 hour transfare from airport is that right where going with Thomas Cook

Steve

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 11:13:17 AM »
We were worried about that last year with it being our first visit to Arillas.  We decided to book a taxi there and get the coach back but there is just the two of us.  It does seem to depend on how many stops there is between the airport and Arillas. It took about an hour by taxi and 1.5 hours going back on the coach.  We flew with T.cook last year as well.  I wonder as well whether it depends on how many coaches are need (how many are booked for holidays for that part of the island and if the coaches are full or not).  I think it must have improved more than 4 hrs though as I heard some have complained about the transfer times.

We are booked with Corfu Escape this year and they have their own direct transfer thank goodness but I dont know whether that is a mini bus or whatever as there is three of us in our party, I dont know if anyone else will be on our flight from Gatwick going to Arillas.

When do you go?  I am sure you will love it when you do get there - if you dont have transport, hire a car etc. you feel you are miles from anywhere unless you walk, it is so safe and peaceful.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 01:49:29 PM »
The current brochures state a transfer time of up to 2h30m, this is really just to cover our backs if there is a problem, the old four hour nightmares were when we used the big coaches and transferred through Roda and Achavari on the same trips. Customer feedback to the reps caused this to be changed and now the smaller local coaches all go direct, stepping at Sidari or San Stefanos is needed. On average there is 3/4 stops before Arillas and you should be there in 60-90 minutes as apposed to 45 when driving yourself.

The reps are actively pushed to expedite the transfers as quickly as possible so we can maintain all those all-important CSQ scores. It will be quiet in May so you should get there pretty quickly.

Offline RUSSELL

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 02:26:54 AM »
We went with corfu escape last year and the transfer time was about 2hours but we did stop off at a couple of other places on the way so this year if arillas is the only drop off it should be about 1 hour.

Offline jules1

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 04:28:34 PM »
The Marvelous Hotel is lovely. Its run by Spiros, his brother Costas and mum sophia does the cooking. Its a really friendly laid back place. We love it. Now it has got the pool and had a refurb, it is fantastic. Love to all in Arillas and hopefully see you all in September. Julie and Michaelxxx

Offline jester

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 11:10:05 PM »
We stayed at the 'Marvelous' last year 2006 loved it so much we booked to go back this year it took us at least oooh 2 seconds to decided we would be going back. We booked the week we returned. Mention Liverpool FC to Spiros & he will ply you with ouzo all night long (sorry Spiros not good for your trade!) however ask him for coffee passed 20.00 hrs "he not very happy" (ha,ha,ha). Just thought we would mention that our pick up time to return to uk was at 01.00 - 02.00 & Spiros & Kostas kept the bar open & saw us off, we couldn't fault the place or people, hence that is why we are returning. Air con is extra as is the safe in your room but extremely reasonable better prices that Rhodes anyway. Hope you have a great hols.

Offline Jennifer Ferguson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 11:30:53 PM »
Spent a lovely week at The Marvel last month.This was our second visit, our first being two years ago.
Breakfast is tea,coffee,fruit juice and rolls but if you want to have a cooked breakfast you can do that and pay an extra charge.We were on the half board option so had plenty of opportunity to sample the menu.Well worth a try.
This is a lovely small family run hotel in a lovely resort.You will be well looked after.

Offline phil2carol

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 04:02:37 PM »
Hi off to the Hotel Marvel in A few wks does any one have an up to date review on it as the ones ive read are from 2005 also any tips of where to eat & have a drink.
Thanks

Steve

Hi. We're going to Hotel Marvel too, on 14th Sept from Bristol. I've read nothing but good about it and really look forward to visiting Greece for the first time, but am a bit concerned about the transfer time. We're going with Thomas Cook. Any tips please?

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 04:46:17 PM »
Transfer times used to be a bit of a nightmare with TC but I believe there has been a vast improvement...Only change at Marvel is they have all new dining tables & chairs..as of May this year...we didn`t stay there but we have in the past ...we still call in for drinks etc..  we are travelling on the 17th Sept...so may bump into you..
as for transfer take a look at post from corfu escape...they are offering taxi transfer for £10.00..only on certain days .....

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 04:49:59 PM »
Must get my dates sorted 17th Sept we arrive....

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 05:03:44 PM »
I like the Hotel Marvel
Never stayed there and only been in to change the occassional book. But i have a good feel for the place. Friendly people, good pool, just a very laid back place to be.
The sort of place I could feel at home for a few weeks.
Negg

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 05:10:57 PM »
Eggy ,you could book in for a weeks holiday......travel costs would be low...

Booking.com