Author Topic: 1st posting 1st time....  (Read 5383 times)

Offline Rugbymad

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
1st posting 1st time....
« on: March 17, 2007, 11:42:21 AM »
May i just start by saying hello to you all and compliment you on a fantastic forum.
Now,we are setting off out to Arillas on September 25th,there are 8 of us (4 adults and 4 children 16,14,7and 5)
Firstly we were wondering what the likely day time temperature is going to be as this is the latest holiday we have been on?
Secondly,with the children find enough to keep themselves amused?
Thirdly,we are staying at the Kaloudis village apartments can anyone shed any light on these?
And lastly i can't wait to go and have currently got a countdown clock installed on my pc (192 days 7 hours to go lol)
thankyou in advance.

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: 1st posting 1st time....
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 12:43:59 PM »
Hi Rugbymad. Welcome to the forum, from where you`ll get loads of info. We`re off back to Arillas soon, for the 8th or 9th time! I think you`ll enjoy it. We`ve been in October, and it was lovely weather. Best to take a top/jacket for evenings, but I bought a "fleece" there. We didn`t have children with us, but there is the beach, nature trail, trips etc. I`m sure you`ll be able to find something to keep everyone happy. Meeting the local people is good. They are so friendly and helpful.Also, you`ll find plenty of good places to eat.  As for Kaloudis, we`ve not stayed there, so can`t help you there. I`m sure other forummers can though. Have a great holiday when you go. Bfn.
Lindypops.

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 12:00:29 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum.  Phew, where oh where do I start?!! You will absolutely love Arillas.  We have stayed at The kaloudis twice and i'm sure that you will find the apts immaculate with nice pool.  I believe there is even an internet cafe poolside these days!  The weather should be very pleasant if past forecasts are to be taken as example.  We have been in June, July and August but have always said that we would like to try September.  As we have been going very year since our our eldest was 1(he's now nearly 12!) I'm sure that you will find that kids of all ages find plenty to do.

We also have twins of nearly 8 and they love it.  Although the nightlife is restricted to a couple of bars and beautiful taverna's you will hopefully find that this is more than enough to make your holiday perfect.  there is always the waterpark in nearby Sidari and the big one in corfu if you fancy a trip out, as well as plenty of boat trips, bbq's etc if you want  achange of scenery.

Arillas has a special something that you cannot describe until you are actually there, watching the beautiful sunset.  Our family and friends have always looked at us as if we are mad unadventurous morons when we tell them that we are going back again but after taking family last year they finally understand the appeal!  Its not that we havent been to other countries its just that when we found this gem it blew us away, and still continues to do so many years later.  Enjoy!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 01:32:39 PM »
Hi Rugbymad and welcome to the forum!

The temperature during the day will still be hot, but not stifling as it can be during the peak months of July/August, September is a lovely month to go.

You will all have a fab time in Arillas!!

Offline steve3456

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • http://www.caravanhire.org
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 10:07:30 PM »
hello rugbymad we stayed at kaloudis at the end of september last year we had a great time the pool the apartments the food were all fantastic billy the owner was really great if you have a look at www.arillas.com the picture voting there is a picture of the pool at kaloudis called "split splat" enjoy your holiday we are back again september this year

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 11:48:31 AM »
Your 1st posting will not be your last!  Once you start you become "addicted".  I am sure you will have a great time!  Our first time was last year and I had so many questions answered.  Everyone on this forum is so helpful and when we got to Arillas it was as if we "lived" there as we had so much info. it was familiar and we settled in real quick.  I am sure you will have a great time.  Keep checking it out!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline ronmonkey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • andy and the boy, @the atki may2009
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 10:17:53 PM »
arrilas is a totally relaxing holiday for the adults and above all very safe for the kids

Booking.com