Tria Adelphia

Started by pete, February 18, 2007, 08:29:49 PM

pete

booked up for 21st may hoping for nice weather, never been before but been to rhodes and santorini, looking for peace and good food, good beach and friendly people, seems i made the perfect choice according to the reviews?

Eggy

I reckon you have there Pete.
We'd all be interested on your feedback after your Hols.
Negg

Maggie

Hi Pete, I presume from the title of your post, that you are staying
  at Tria adelphia? If so I'm sure you will love it there! We nearly always
  stay there, only going elsewhere if we aren't quick enough to book,
  cos they do fill up fast!!! Lots of people go once and return often.
  I'm sure you will meet some return guests when you go!!
   You say you are going on 21st, but not which month. We go in June.
  Can't wait. Happy holidays ,  Maggie.

pete

21st may  and we cant wait, got a good deal through manos, last year santorini was so hot we couldnt sleep for 3 days until we found the ouzo sleeping cure lol. found it quite expensive though, how about the prices in arillias?

blondegirl

We found the prices very reasonable in Arillas.  Food in the supermarkets is normally a bit higher than usual but we expect that anyway, although the beer is cheaper.  It seems cheaper to eat out.  Since the Euro came in everything was more expensive than our holidays previously  but now it seems to be the same just about everywhere now, sort of leveled out. I dont whether anyone else has felt the same, or perhaps we have just got used to it.  You will find the prices all of a muchness in the restaurants, I think they have to keep fairly along the same lines to even out the competition.

We stayed at the Galini last year which was just around the corner from the Tria Adelphia which looked very nice.  It was our first visit to Arillas and we loved it. We are at the Bardis this year and cant wait for a repeatable holiday.   I am sure you will have a great time and look forward to hearing your reviews when you get back.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Smiffypink

Hi Pete,

We go on the 21st May also so we will most probably see you out there, we are staying at The Bardis as are another 2 couples off this site, so theres 6 of us you'll get to meet!

Where are you flying from??

Maggie

I think the cost of eating out in Arillas is very reasonable.
   Some of my friends who visit Spain, seem to spend more
   than us on holidays.

Smiffypink

Yes i also find it very reasonable prices, we went to Spain last September and we spent loads in a week, i know that wont be the case in Arillas, the beer is cheaper than home so that makes the man in my life happy!!

pete

we are flying from gatwick at 11.15 just the 2 of us, look foreward to meeting a few of you always nice to meet new friends on holiday. the information i found on this site was the deciding factor to  booking arillas, what would we do without the net.

Smiffypink

We're flying from Gatwick also, who are you flying with??

pete

booked through manos and flying with monarch

Smiffypink

Oh youre on the same flight as us then!!!!  We booked with Nancy at Corfuescape and we fly with Monarch also.

pete

as a food lover i would be interested in your thoughts on the best places to eat, we both love the traditional greek food.

Smiffypink

Well the majority of the restaurants all do traditional Greek food, my faves are Thalassa and The Brouklis. The Sea Breeze we're definitely giving a go of this year, heard lots of good stuff about it and Mon Amour.

The thing i made the mistake of doing when i went in May 2005, was the first night we ate in Thalassa and absolutely fell in love with the place, gorgeous food, lovely location (right on the seafront), after dinner you can chill on the verandah and watch the sunset, gorgeous, and so we ate in there about 4 or 5 of the 7 nights!

So this year because im going with my Fiance, he likes to try everything and anything, he loves cooking and loves food, so we will be sampling as many of the restaurants as possible!!

That would be my advice to you, give as many restaurants a go as you can, ive read all the different reviews on here and theres been no bad reviews so you cant go wrong!!

blondegirl

The Captains was a favourite of ours and we went there a number of nights, its up from the main street about 5 min walk on the left opposite the Rainbow which has had good reviews as also has the one next door.  I think from the reviews they are all very good.  The Brouklis seems to be the absolute main favourite but can get a tad busy if you get there a bit later on.  We also like the fish restaurant on the other side of the circle past the Bardis on the left.  Very good fish meals and the Sea Breeze, well just dont eat anything all day before you go!  You will be spoilt for choice!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.