Author Topic: Email icon  (Read 3871 times)

Offline iluvsangeorge

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • About Agios Georgios
Email icon
« on: February 08, 2007, 08:41:53 PM »
Maybe Dimitri can answer this.

Why does my email address Icon show up underneath my avatar when I use Mozilla Firefox even though I have ticked the box to hide it.
In Internet Explorer it does not.

I prefer to keep it hidden unless the address is disguised as Forums are a regular way the email Spammers get hold of addresses.

Dennis

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
Re: Email icon
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 11:26:26 AM »
Hello Dennis,
Thank you for participating  in our forum.!
Allthough I have just waken up after the stagnight yesterday, I think I can answer your question...
Your member settings are correct.
It must be that you can see your own eimail icon when you are logged in to the forum.
Someone else can not see it ( exept me!!!!)
 I suppose that you were logded with Mogilla and could  see your Avatar. but when you surf as a guest with IExplorer then you do not see it.
Was this the case?

I think I can see Viv and Pete Walking accross the road to the beach iI have to go and See them

Take care!!

Dimitris
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline iluvsangeorge

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • About Agios Georgios
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 08:18:26 PM »
Hello Dimitri

Partly correct !! 
Sorry, I  had not given any thought that I was automatically logged in with Mozilla but not IE nor that there were different scripts .

You are correct that when I am NOT logged in I cannot then see the email icons. The Profiles all show email address as Hidden.

But when I AM logged in I can see almost everyone's email icons apart from one or two. When I click on the Profile buttons most show the email address but just the other few state Hidden. 

Dennis

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 03:14:41 PM »
Not sure as I've not had time to check but isn't this because some users have allowed their details to be seen and others haven't in their user preferences section.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 05:19:59 PM »
Yes it is, you can choose whether you want other users to see all your info or not.

Booking.com