Author Topic: Transfer time to Arillas.  (Read 42191 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Transfer time to Arillas.
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2008, 10:13:22 AM »
hi gary

believe me - after a night flight, then ending up standing by your luggage for an hour in sidari at 7am waiting for a minibus, you would pay double! Or treble with a 4 year old in tow.

Easy to jump in a taxi at the airport. Probably a tad dearer than booking one in advance, but last time we only paid 45 plus a tip.

happy holidays! your 4 year old wil love it.
Phil

Offline capte

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 07:06:43 PM »
Hi My name is Dave
 my wife Pat & I are coming to Arillas for the 1st time on Tuesday. From the reports I've read it sounds great. Does anyone know how long the transfer is to Arillas from the airport. We flying in with Thomas Cook airlines due to land at 350am and we are are staying at the Dyonisis 11

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 07:20:08 PM »
A coach transfer can be about one hour or so if it goes via Paleokastritsa (Arillas first drop - bearable) but 2 hours plus via Roda and Acharavi, with all the drop offs going on. And you're likely to get dumped in Sidari early in the morning to wait for a minbus for the last leg. The twice we have done package we were unlucky once (Olympic) and lucky the other (Thomson)

Now always either book a cab on this site or jump in one at the airport. About 50 euros but worth every penny. At 3.50am it is probably a must. Booking one on this site is best - you can be certain the driver will know exactly where Dionyssis II is. BTW there are excellent reports on here about your accommodation.

You could always get the coach at the other end of your stay to save money - seems less of a worry on the way back to blighty - you'll be miserable anyway!

hope this helps
Phil

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2008, 08:40:54 PM »
Has anyone flown from Leeds Bradford 3.30pm friday flight this year,if so what was the transfer like to Arillas,just hope there will be a couple or even 1 bar open i reckon it will be around 9.30 pm when we land Corfu time so it just a case of getting to the Mathraki apartments ASAP lol
I'm gagging for a Mythos now and still got 6 weeks to go :-(
                                             Tony

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2008, 08:49:46 PM »
Hi Tony

I reckon if you land at 9.30, collect your luggage and jump in a taxi you will get to Arillas at maybe 1130. The Coconut will be open at this time of year (full of well oiled forum members I expect...) and gather from Sharon you might even get some food nearly next door at the little cafe (Steki grill room we think is the name.) Unlikely to get a full scale sit down meal in a choice of tavernas that late though.

Can't quite answer all of your question about a coach transfer though except it will be longer, whatever happens.

hope this helps a bit
Phil

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2008, 08:53:30 PM »
Cheers Phil i'm sure the bar at the Mathraki will be open,or is that a bit of wishfull thinking
                                         Tony

Offline capte

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2008, 09:21:44 PM »
Hi Phil,
         Many thanks for that. We will book through the site. As I said it's our 1st time in Arillas. Any must do's or must don'ts? 

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2008, 10:00:39 PM »
On our first visit to Arillas we decided to hire a taxi from the airport, so we got there quicker and then took the coach back to the airport to see what we missed in the other resorts. We decided we hadnt missed much, we preferred Arillas so much more.

You MUST chill out and enjoy it and you MUSNT WORRY... All will be fine.. You will have a great time!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2008, 10:07:29 PM »
Hi Tony - I expect you're right about Mathraki too - and Annas and Christos etc. not in May or October though! I know Anna will be open at that time when jen and me are there. And I have been gagging for a Mythos for months now lol!

No prob Dave.
Must do's - meals at Thalassa, Brouklis, Graziella and Vavilas. try as many others as poss - you may find one you like better. Evenings in Rainbow, Coconut and Malibu. Long lazy days on the beach and swim in the sea. (more paddle really - very shallow) followed by ice cold Mythos in Kaloudis. Explore and say hello to everyone (kalimera in the morning - but with jen and me it is usually kalispera by the time we get out and about.) Trips to Corfu Town (bus very early  - we never make it by then!) See San Stefanos (head north) or Afionas (south up steep hill) I could go on and on. By the time we have met all the people we know we never seem to go anywhere far but there's no reason not to. Then there is forum corner in Coconut tuesday eve and Malibu thursday.

Must don't - get too bitten up by the mozzies. they love jen but hate me. Take protection like Boots Jungle Strength. Use the plug in killer in the room. Don't get burned in the early afternoon sun. Can be very strong. Don't miss the sunsets. Try watching from Thalassa or Portofino on the sea front.

A fantastic way to feel all the cares and woes dissolve, and feel truly well.

Oh well - you asked!
Phil

Offline capte

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2008, 12:11:27 AM »
Many thanks Phil, I'll print that off it's most helpful. Can't wait to try the Mythos

Dave

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2008, 01:14:00 AM »
Hi dave

Just out of chatroom fielding my posts. Let me point out the new Arillas brew Royal ionian. Members like EEG and others swear it's even better and they are even more expert than me (Don't know how - I drink just as much of it!) No real ales of Kent style but the lagers Mythos, Amstel and now Royal Ionian are very good indeed.

Have a great holiday, and if you see us don't just point - wave and come up and say hello. We won't mind!

Best wishes
Phil

Offline Valdasteve

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2008, 04:29:16 AM »
since Manos with whom I booked our holiday for September was taken over by Thos Cook  a few of weeks ago, can anyone tell me what has happened to the airport to resort transfer times during the last couple of weeks? Are Thos Cook taking longer or are they still leaving it to Manos to deal with the transfers?- and how long are they now taking?  this may have something to do with another thread where people are saying they are having a problem booking some of their favourite apartments etc for 2009 - Manos no longer has a website of their own and all seems to be in transition- hoping this isn't going to affect our transfer times and accommodation this year at least. thanks in advance xx

Offline lil.chipmunk

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2008, 12:15:33 PM »
Hi,
I also booked with Manos. Thomas Cook was extremely efficient at the airport. We were on the coach straight from baggage pick-up and fortunately Arillas was the first drop off point. However, others did do the round trip of Roda, Sidari and San Stefanos first. If you go straight to Arillas it's about an hour otherwise probably about 2. I guess we were lucky!
Have a good holiday.

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2008, 12:45:53 PM »
WITH THOMSON IT TOOK US JUST 1 HOUR SO WAS VERY GOOD

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2008, 10:18:46 AM »
Quickest we've done it is 45 minutes but my daught threw up because the car was being thrown around the corners.

Booking.com