Author Topic: Transfer time to Arillas.  (Read 42189 times)

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
Re: Transfer time to Arillas.
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 07:13:06 PM »
I think Manos coach goes via Athens :)

Just kidding, from what I have heard they are keeping it nicely within the 90 minute bracket which usually means direct to Sidari and then on from there.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 08:10:46 PM »
Really great to hear that the transfer time with Corfu Escape is so good.

Offline nannasue

• Makris May28th-6th June
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 12:55:25 AM »
went to Arillas 28th May with Manos. we were on the East midlands flight landed at 11-45am left airport at 1pm arrived Arillas Makris APARTMENTS AT 4-45PM.
We were furious no rep on board rep got of after 2nd drop no info , we travelled all along the coast and in Sidar the rep was driving round to 3 coaches the coach got lost and we passed Mc donalds 4 times.

we have put in a complaint with the rep and will write to company the transfer took longer than the flight and we could not eat anything on coach and we were desperate for loo and didnt dare drink water.
took 1& 45 min back to airport yesterday.
John3 v16

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 11:45:05 AM »
Did you have any drop offs before Sidari or was this a case of the driver getting lost and a flustered rep :) ?

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 09:48:28 AM »
Hope this hasn't put you of going back to our beloved Arillas. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline nannasue

• Makris May28th-6th June
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 01:21:21 AM »
we dropped off at two  hotels on the east coast then at Rhoda then in Sidari. It was a full coach.

Hasnt put us off going to A rillas we decided its the nicest part of Corfu as we like it to be quiet and Greek not loads of pubs and British food.
John3 v16

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 11:56:58 AM »
Its really harsh if your transfer involves Roda or Achavari drops Before Sidari, I had really hoped this practice had been abandoned, Manos have a smaller user base so they must obviously do it to keep costs down but it is unfair on the paying public. Since we have been doing Sidari direct it has been very well received.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 04:32:48 PM »
So pleased it hasnt put you of. we have been with Manos a few times and the longest we have ever been was 1 3/4 hrs. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2008, 02:48:59 AM »
any body know how long thomas cook transfers are taking this year two years ago when i last came to Arillas it took 3 hours i dont fancy that trip again.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2008, 03:22:28 AM »
There seems to be two routes. Via paleokastritsa which drops Arillas first - just bearable and only an hour;

or the other one Roda, Sidari, long wait for minbus at 7am on the pavement - 2 and a half hours of aggravation. What a way to start a holiday!

Typical of tour operators -"when will they ever learn?" We hate the coach transfers whatever. We always get a taxi. 50 euros, 40 minutes and then a pint in the Coconut. No reps - What do they add when you know where you are? Have met some good ones tho. See other posts!

The only time we do a package is when it's cheaper than flight only. Last october - we went to Kaloudis (superb!)

Joe - you should be managing director. Understanding the customers is how Marks and Sparks got back to pole position.

take care
Phil

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2008, 03:39:42 AM »
thanks looks like taxi then

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2008, 03:47:06 AM »
I recommend a taxi...you can book online on this website through Noula at San Stefanos travel - very reliable.
Sandy x

Offline garythebike

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2008, 09:33:10 AM »
Is it better to book taxi or jump in one at the airport , any price difference and if you book it , what if your flight is delayed ? We're going with Thomas Cook , don't know what they're like. Read with dismay the comments about coaches , wouldn't bother me too much but our 4 year old would be climbing the walls , would have to bind and gag him and put him in hand luggage and i read somewhere that's illegal now in greece.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2008, 09:52:23 AM »
Ha, ha ha Gary!  You would have to bind and gag me too..

We have booked a taxi there before and got the coach back.  I would think they would know your flight would be delayed if you gave the taxi co. your flight details.  We had no problems being met at the airport. 

When we got the coach back it was great as we got there just in time, told where to go etc. and we enjoyed the journey back.. We were in no hurry to leave and it gave us a chance to look at the other resorts we were glad we didnt stay in!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline garythebike

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2008, 10:03:55 AM »
Blondegirl
That sounds like an excellent idea as we arrive in the middle of the night but depart around mid-day. You've also given me a scapegoat to justify the extra expense to my wife !

Booking.com