Author Topic: Arillas Bay Apartments???  (Read 6872 times)

Offline samyjayn

Arillas Bay Apartments???
« on: January 24, 2007, 06:36:34 PM »
We are visiting Arillas in June this year and are staying at the Arillas Bay apartments.  We are staying in a 2 bedroom apartment and I was wondering if rather than carting our travel cot on holiday (cos they weigh a tonne!!) for my son (who will be 10 months at the time of travel) if anyone knows what the bedrooms are like and would it be suitable to take a mattress from one of the beds to put on the floor for him to sleep on.  Do they supply blankets in the rooms which I could use to put around the mattress??  Also does anyone know if the weight of travel cots is included in your baggage allowance??

Many thanks

Sam

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
Re: Arillas Bay Apartments???
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 11:08:51 AM »
Hi Sam

The extra weight is not included officially but as far as our flights go you would not be charged for the travel cot, who are you flying with?

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 04:05:04 PM »
I am sure if you spoke with your travel agent they should request a cot in the room for a youngster - I know in the apts we have stayed in Arillas in they are included in the supplement section.  check it out before you start worrying about having to cart the travel cot over.

Everyoje is so accomodating in Arillas that I am sure they will ensure they have a cot for you.

Tracey

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 04:10:51 PM »
Sam

Have had a look on the Manos website re: arillas bay apartments and there is a option to add a cot to your booking - there is an additional cost of £3.00 -dont know if this is per night or for the week - i would give Manos a call or your travel agent.

Tracey

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline samyjayn

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 05:04:51 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for all your replies (Im new to the forum and didnt realise I had any before today!!).  We are flying with Monarch airlines.  I think we will try and book a cot through Manos as we are like cart horses with all the stuff we need and thats just when we are going out for a meal to a local pub so god help us when we set off for our hols!!  Plus only having baggage allowance for 3 with nappies etc to take, its going to be fun thats for sure!!  Still counting the days til we go though!

Sam

Offline ronmonkey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • andy and the boy, @the atki may2009
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 11:49:25 PM »
we parcelled all our nappies together with parcel tape (2 weeks worth of nappies/swimming nappies/wipes for 2 babies) and put them in the hold separately as this means they don't count towards the baggage allowance

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 11:49:55 AM »
What a brilliant idea!!!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 12:36:11 PM »
I thought that too, genius, i will be remembering that when i have children and we go on holiday!!

Offline ronmonkey

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 10:48:34 PM »
also as an added bonus it gives the rep something to carry when you arrive at arrilas thus edging them a notch above chocolate teapot level

just reread your origional post - not sure if travel cots are included in baggage allowance, our little girl was 11 months when we went last time and we took a pop-up bubble travel cot which fitted in the suitcase. we put a folded blanket under it to raise her off the floor a bit
and it has inbuilt mozzy net. she slept fine every night

we got it from jojo mamon bebe site, may be able to get it cheaper if you shop around

http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/detailfash.php?type=FASH&code=A7104&branch=IF&category=MTH71

Offline iluvsangeorge

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • About Agios Georgios
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 12:12:47 PM »
Are you able to contact the apartment owner directly (after a bit of searching around or emailing) ? 

Some apartments have cots available.

Dennis

Offline samyjayn

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 11:36:01 PM »
Fantastic idea re sending the nappies over in the hold.  Was the check-in assistant ok with you doing it or did she question you? (never heard or seen anyone doing this before!  Did you just parcel them up in a bin liner or something or just with the tape so they could see what you were putting in?

I will have a search around for a bubble cot they sound like a good idea!

Offline ronmonkey

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 10:43:51 PM »
we used about 3 miles of parcel tape but still obvious what was underneath

check in did make quick phonecall to somebody but if memory serves it was to check that they were not counted in weight allowance , no great drama

we aren't taking 2 weeks supply this time as pampers or huggies were available in arrilas

Booking.com